X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap and Trade

This is going to be a financial mess if it goes through.

Cap and Trade in Practice - Wall Street Journal
    How to get Paid for Laying Off Workers (and shipping jobs overseas)
    Obama wants the U.S. to join
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704398304574598173402205330.html

Who Pays for This?
    Hint: They were promised a Tax Cut During the Obama Campain.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123655590609066021.html

This is scaring the crap outta me. Canada is leaning towards this too.
    Mick

Re: Cap and Trade

Lies, all lies, that's what we who voted for this administration believed! I'll never vote for another democrat, ever. Americans who think they can afford it, are out there buying big screen tv's like hotcakes, not realizing the seriousness of our situation. We are supposed to stop using air conditioners, stop heating our homes, while china and india continue to pollute and get rich off our consumption of their goods? I started out by blaming democrats, but republicans have sat by while all those businesses and jobs went south of the border and overseas. Many of our legislators are millionaires, so I guess none of this will affect them?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Lies, all lies, that's what we who voted for this administration believed! I'll never vote for another democrat, ever. Americans who think they can afford it, are out there buying big screen tv's like hotcakes, not realizing the seriousness of our situation. We are supposed to stop using air conditioners, stop heating our homes, while china and india continue to pollute and get rich off our consumption of their goods? I started out by blaming democrats, but republicans have sat by while all those businesses and jobs went south of the border and overseas. Many of our legislators are millionaires, so I guess none of this will affect them?
      And I hear your president has offered one hundred billion dollars to help third world countries with carbon reductions in Copenhagen where is all the money coming from.?

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        And I hear your president has offered one hundred billion dollars to help third world countries with carbon reductions in Copenhagen where is all the money coming from.?

Tony
        Tony, as a country with a fifteen trillion dollar national debt, 100 billion is a drop in the bucket. I would imagine china will keep fronting us the money until they own our country?

Comment

Tony, as a country with a fifteen trillion dollar national debt, 100 billion is a drop in the bucket. I would imagine china will keep fronting us the money until they own our country?
          And you think the jobs are leaving the U.S. now? Wait until then. When they own everything, who do you think will be paying, and who do you think will be getting rich(er).

What's the golden rule? - He who has the gold, makes the rules.

If this goes through pack of lies goes through, it is estimated that each and every Canadian will have to pay an additional $3000.00 per year to support India, China, and other third world countries.

Mick

Comment

This is not funny anymore there is a limit to how much one can borrow and when they talk trillions its scary and it won`t only effect the U.S it will be the world and make the 1930 depression look like a holiday and one day the markers are going to be called in and no amount of juggling the books which they are doing now will help.

Tony

Comment

Cap and trade. The great thing is the wall streeters still make money, because carbon emitions become a commodity to be traded! Wall street will love this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post

Tony
                There are already some in Congress who are saying he should not make promises they won't pass.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I've used scarcasm rather than profanity to comment on how upset I am with the direction our country has taken over the last three or more decades. Can we really be shocked by the shift of power from our once great United States, to countries like india, china and mexico? What did reasonable people who were aware of the loss of businesses that supported the tax base and employed Americans expect would happen as this experiment drew to a close? We are so preoccupied with our personal lives including work and business, that we ignored the crippling disease perpetrated by our legislators and big business under the guise of "free trade". Americans were never supposed to compete with the cheap labor of illegals or foreigners who work for slave wages and don't support our government or society by their spending. Wind and solar energy are not a fantasy but an alternative to fossil fuel. Build a new power grid and cleaner manufacturing plants in the USA. Break the financial hold of china and india, so that they won't need coal burning power plants. Well intended hard working individuals here and elsewhere, berated and insulted greedy Union workers for the exodus of American jobs but they would have gone to the third world slaves even at minimum wage. What happens now? Do we keep snapping up the big screen tv's and other products that strengthen our financial and political enemies, and then complain about sad situations? Right now if we want or need a new tv, computer or most anything else, we don't have much choice. We need to ask ourselves, exactly where the fight lies and who is the enemy destroying our way of life?

Comment

Well boys and girls, those of you that bought the scam and voted for him will now reap its benefits!
                    obama said "change"

And so it will be...after all the dust settles the American public will only have "change" in their pocket!

I grew up in Chicago during the reign of Richard Daley! I know how corruption and bully politics work...obama has learned well. I place him in the same row as the slumloard jessie jackson and bigot al sharpton.

Now I realize that may be harsh so I'll now blast the republicans. So far I plan to vote every single republican out of office and replace them with new republicans that are a lot less corrupt! You guys have no balls! stand up and stop this destruction.

Hey Joe Lieberman I'm ashamed to be from the same tribe you're from! You should know better you were on the right track until obama bullied you...I thought our rant is "never again"? How can you let a black man from Chicago push you around?

and finally what is this crap about I'll vote yes now so I can vote no later?

I like the TV commercials I think Verizon where the firefighters solved all the problems.

We do need to follow obama and have "change" yep..we need to clean out Washington DC and "change" the entire bunch of crooks to a new bunch on both sides!

Do I sound angry? you bet! but I'm more scared as to where we will be in five years!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                      Cap and trade. The great thing is the wall streeters still make money, because carbon emitions become a commodity to be traded! Wall street will love this deal.
                      your to late it all ready being done,

http://www.chicagoclimatex.com/
                      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      attributed to Samuel Johnson
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                        Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                        Well boys and girls, those of you that bought the scam and voted for him will now reap its benefits!
                        obama said "change"
                        its a shame that the people who voted for him didnt think much about the KIND of change. not all change is good.

And so it will be...after all the dust settles the American public will only have "change" in their pocket!
                        I agree.

I plan to vote every single republican out of office and replace them with new republicans that are a lot less corrupt!
                        take the corrupt and move them out. and replace them with what? less corrupt? the "less corrupt" will turn into more corrupt.

We do need to follow obama and have "change" yep..we need to clean out Washington DC and "change" the entire bunch of crooks to a new bunch on both sides!
                        I totally agree. when will the public wake up and realize we have nothing short of organized crime running our country? and that 2 major mobs are constantly fighting for control. The main problem is I think its gotten so far out of hand that there is nothing we can do about it.

Do I sound angry? you bet! but I'm more scared as to where we will be in five years!
                        same here.

Comment

[QUOTE=pipedope;268508][QUOTE]

its a shame that the people who voted for him didnt think much about the KIND of change. not all change is good.

I was one of the people who voted for President Obama and I did give it a lot of thought. At the time I was not happy with the situation with illegals and how former President Bush was not doing anything. I was not pleased with the war in iraq or the loss of jobs. I knew a "change" would not fix everything, but I was not ready for this nightmare! The democrats in power along with Obama have made things much worse by wasting time trying to pass a bad health plan and not fixing the economy. All the butt kissing Obama has done only made us look weak in the eyes of these dictators. Where are the "green " jobs, the windmills, solar panels, the honesty? Democrats only proved they were as bad or worse than the republicans, which brings me back to my original dilemma of who to vote for? To anyone who still defends President Obama, remember when he was going to go through the budget with a scalpel and cut the pork? Bunch of dam liars ruining our country and threatening our way of life.

Comment

At the time I was not happy with the situation with illegals and how former President Bush was not doing anything.
                            im not happy with the situation with the illegals. but who will do anything about it? if the president (or any politican) takes any serious action to prevent or to punish people from entering our country illegally, he will only hurt himself politicly. and no politican wants that. there are too many people who dont seem to mind that others cross our borders illegaly. not even mulitia has any real power to stop them.

QUOTE] Bunch of dam liars ruining our country and threatening our way of life.[/QUOTE]

thats what they want, and will continue to do so. i hate is as much as you do.

Comment

It's sickening how few people know about this. Most people just watch the local news or fox or CNN and never hear about half of the crap that Obama and other politicians are pulling every single day. Whats worse is that Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the same coin that smells like it was stuck up your brother's *** when he was 6 years old and then went to buy candy with it for fun(hey I had to try and inject some humor.. true story btw)

They all need to be fired and replaced with some honest, intelligent Americans. Except maybe Ron Paul. Leave him and a couple others in there. The rest can find new jobs at whore houses all over the country. Or maybe they could open up a soul selling exchange. Or how about a sideshow booth where you hand them 50% of your wages and they make it disapear into a hat.

Heres the 2008 election results for my county.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/RESUL...&off=0&elect=0

If you'll notice the results are kind of skewed towards Obama and McCain. If people really voted for who they believed should be president and would do the best job for the country do you think those two would be anywhere near the top???

I wrote in Ron Paul. I should've voted for the Constitution party but oh well.

I'm a firm believer in voting for who you want to win, not who you think is going to have a good chance at winning and sort of agrees with very little of what you agree with.

Comment

Working...
                              X