Will I be Deported with the Cows?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be Deported with the Cows?

The more I think about cap and trade legislation and where it will lead the more concerned I grow. All this talk about reducing our carbon footprint and CO2 emmissions makes me think the dairy industry may be forced to move to china to escape penalties. What if our personal bodily emmissions are measured? Will I have to go with the cows?

Re: Will I be Deported with the Cows?

And in China, the cow's emissions will still cause the same damage that they would have caused here.

Comment

You'll just pay so many taxes that you will have to move out into the barn with the cows.

Comment

Originally posted by cisco1138 View Post
        And in China, the cow's emissions will still cause the same damage that they would have caused here.
        Very true! (One of) The big problem(s) with cap and trade, is that if the cows that are shipped over have a lower emmision rate than a Chinese cow, then China will be eligible for millions of dollars of compensation ....from us. And the best part is that China is the one that rates the emmisions, gets the money, gets the industry, and has the milk.....and....
        Originally posted by cisco1138 View Post

Comment

I dunno why everybody is picking on cows!
          In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

This thread smells like

Comment

Most of us will just have to realize there is nothing in this that we have a say in at all....

We'll just have to wait and see what California does with it, then we will blindly follow them down the path they choose for us...

Maybe if the fault suddenly widens, California can become part of China and tell them what they need to do....

The California Emissions Approved Cow
              Last edited by Redwood; 12-21-2009, 12:07 PM.
              411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                Most of us will just have to realize there is nothing in this that we have a say in at all....

We'll just have to wait and see what California does with it then we will blindly follow them down the path they choose for us...

Maybe if the fault suddenly widens California can become part of China and tell them what they need to do....

The California Emissions Approved Cow
                That is one of the reasons I had to get rid of my last car. The California emissions model of the Sentra that is required in NY had an extra catalytic converter, that was special. $900 to replace it so the car could pass inspection. Thankfully, it happened right after an inspection, so I could drive it for almost another year.

Comment

Somebody needs to import a cow to my stomach, cuz I's B hohngre!
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    Somebody needs to import a cow to my stomach, cuz I's B hohngre!

Sure

Comment

Lets keep the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Low....

Comment

Well in that case, you might as well bring back the clothes line if your worried about stupid carbon!!

Throw away your dryer !!

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
                          Lets keep the Greenhouse Gas Emissions Low....

"beano" doesn't sound like a product that would lower gas emissions.
                          In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                            Well in that case, you might as well bring back the clothes line if your worried about stupid carbon!!

Throw away your dryer !!

When I was thinking about where I could cut down on electric use, putting up a clothes line carosel was one of the thoughts. I won't be able to convince my wife to use it, but since I wash my own whites and we use a lot of towels during pool season I will save running the electric dryer at least five times a week. Instead of running the air conditioner during the summer, I figure I can set a block of ice in front of a small fan to keep cool? Somehow our future is looking more like our past.

Comment

It Looks like man's best friend has a larger carbon footprint than an SUV...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091220...inganimalsfood

Pass the soy sauce and chopsticks please...

Comment

Working...
                              X