X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HealthCare BS?

The majority players in the Health Insurance industry saw the highest spike in 52 years of their trading.

Now why do you think that is.....???

We're more than screwed on this one.

J.C.

Re: HealthCare BS?

Well when you don't offer a public option and you penalize people for being uninsured that makes business great for the insurance companies.

The bill says to the American people you must deal with a company whose only interest in you is taking your money. Yeah we've managed to make a bill that requires Americans subsidize CEO paychecks. Must be great to be one of those guys.

Comment

If the main thrust of this bill was to provide for uninsured Americans, why not have the federal government cover them temporarily instead of passing legislation that is costly and doesn't do what it was supposed to do in the first place? Will we still be providing hospital care (not E.R.) for illegals? If it's healthcare reform, why was it allowed to have "Any" pork? We will have to pay for the bribes as well!

Comment

I think they missed the boat on this completely. I think congress should have lifted the anti-trust exemptions on the insurance industry and gone about regulating the industry. Heavy regulation.

Health care is not a commodity. But when you have companies whose sole measure of value is in how much profit they generate, there exists a conflict of interest.

By regulating the industry, costs would drop, making insurance affordable to most. Those without insurance could get on a Medicare type plan until they are gainfully employed and or able to afford insurance.

These companies have acted in bad faith and need to be dealt with accordingly.

Comment

I love how Obama and his band of hacks have managed to demonize the insurance companies (among others) for daring to make a profit. Isn't that what insurance companies do? Excuse me but if I had stock in one or was on the board of directors I do believe the my priority would be to make a profit. These corporations are not in business to loose money. If you think the insurance company is ripping you off then find another company. If they are all ripping you off then find a way to reduce health care claims. Like perhaps booting the illegal aliens off the system and limiting law suit claims to a reasonable amount.

How come Obama is all over executive pay but it's ok to pay a baseball player 7 million or so a year?
          sigpic

Comment

This entire Health Care thing is a load of BS. The majority of America is already covered and now they want to destroy what we have instead of helping those who need help. The part that offends me the most is the total lack of transparency followed by the back room deals which gave special favors to limited States because it was the only way Reid could get the to go along with it.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              This entire Health Care thing is a load of BS. The majority of America is already covered and now they want to destroy what we have instead of helping those who need help. The part that offends me the most is the total lack of transparency followed by the back room deals which gave special favors to limited States because it was the only way Reid could get the to go along with it.

Mark
              Mark, you must be mistaken. We were promised transparency, no more "pork", our new President was going to use a scalpel to cut waste from government spending. No new taxes! My current heathcare won't change! Green jobs! Yes We Can!!!

Comment

This stuff is driving me crazy. First Reid included his State and a few others in a deal where they don't have to pay into Medicaid for three years and after three years they only have to pay 15% while all of the other States pay 100% plus the short comings of those States. Now to make it even worse, Reid gave Nebraska 100% funding of Medicaid FOREVER! That means from now until eternity we will all subsidize Nebraska's Medicaid funding so that the Senator would buy off on this horrible plan.

Some day all of this will be sorted out and we will know all of the back door deals that were made to destroy the American Health Care and by then it will be too late.

Mark

Comment

I'm starting to wonder if they screw it up bad enough that people will get so pissed and more involved in getting rid of some of these lifetime a##holes. And they did take something with the potential for good and completely FUBAR'ed it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    I'm starting to wonder if they screw it up bad enough that people will get so pissed and more involved in getting rid of some of these lifetime a##holes. And they did take something with the potential for good and completely FUBAR'ed it.

J.C.
                    The problem is we can get rid of all of them on both sides and we still will never be able to reverse the harm this bill will do. If this passes which I am sure it will, you will never be able to cut any of it and we will continue to have to find ways to fund it.

Now consider the uninsured who can afford insurance but care to spend their money elsewhere will still be uninsured. Their penalty for that will be a $95 fine and they will still be uninsured.

Oh and did I mention, we will start paying for this horrible plan now but it will not start for another 4-years?

Mark

Comment

I may have to eat my words, but I really think that this will directly effect the masses enough that the people involved in the bill will be forced to repeal and/or change it greatly even after it passes.

Will we live long enough for it to get "fixed"?

There is a special place in he!! for some of the parties involved. I don't know how they can face their children at the end of the day.

J.C.

Comment

I have a question:

As much as we are all spending in monthly premuims for healthcare, how much money are these HMOs spending to administer these health plans?

Every day, there is always someone getting stabbed, shot, maimed, mutilated, burned, poisoned, etc and the hopitals are always somehow expected to magically be able to provide the time and money to fix these people up!

Tell you people what, here is a link to my local newspaper:
                        http://www.masslive.com

Folks, over the last three days, there have been two car accidents, a trailer on fire, two barbers in a knife fight, and a man was stabbed in a main street mugging at night. All the victims sent to the same hospital, just how the hell are the hospital's services suppose to be paid for?

Comment

I don't know the perfect payment plan for the healthcare providers.

But remember this, ALL insurance companies ARE NOT in the business of providing healthcare in any way, shape, or form. Don't believe me? Go to ANY insurance agent you want and ask for a medical procedure or exam of any kind.

Just driving the point hard that insurance companies are money managing middle men. That's it. Take from you, pay them, and keep as much as they can in any manner. Ethics have become secondary.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                            I have a question:

As much as we are all spending in monthly premuims for healthcare, how much money are these HMOs spending to administer these health plans?

Every day, there is always someone getting stabbed, shot, maimed, mutilated, burned, poisoned, etc and the hopitals are always somehow expected to magically be able to provide the time and money to fix these people up!

Tell you people what, here is a link to my local newspaper:
                            http://www.masslive.com

Folks, over the last three days, there have been two car accidents, a trailer on fire, two barbers in a knife fight, and a man was stabbed in a main street mugging at night. All the victims sent to the same hospital, just how the hell are the hospital's services suppose to be paid for?
                            I thought you guys already had Universal Health Care in your State. You are probably in a good position to tell us how it is working in your State. The new plan will not change anything in your State except that you will have to pay extra to subsidize all of the other States. In addition, if the Feds decide a program in your State is not adequate, everyone in that program will have to pay a fine.

Mark

Comment

This is a good video of a person that was directly involved in the current healthcare system. What they do, what they want you to believe, and what he thought the direction of the companies was going. And he was right. (At least that's what I see here.)

Worth watching in my opinion.

J.C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwX_soZ1GI

Comment

Working...
                              X