This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Senate Passes Health Care

Mark, I'm not here to post about the politics but rather request you shut this down. Things have not gotten disrespectful and vicious, but what more can or needs to be said? Each side has made there case and there will be no changing of minds or disproving of claims or rewriting of history. Minds are made up, sides taken and since there is nothing futher to be gained in a constructive manner, allow for some closing arguments and lock it up. Thanks for allowing it to go so long and so far. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      I believe they get 99% of their facts from MSNBC and the Huffington Post.
      I don't actually watch or read either. I haven't turned on my TV in years. Any television I watch is after the fact through means of the internet. Occassional my google searches lead me to the Huffington Post but I've never typed in the URL. Even if I participate in those media at least they use facts. Their history of just making stuff up is pretty slim. Obviously biased at times but they are respectable news sources that aren't willing to lie to enforce their bias.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Mark, I'm not here to post about the politics but rather request you shut this down. Things have not gotten disrespectful and vicious, but what more can or needs to be said? Each side has made there case and there will be no changing of minds or disproving of claims or rewriting of history. Minds are made up, sides taken and since there is nothing futher to be gained in a constructive manner, allow for some closing arguments and lock it up. Thanks for allowing it to go so long and so far. Frank
        Have to agree with Frank a lines been passed and this thread is destined to go down hill.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Obama is good at making speeches and that is it. However, that is what you get when we elected a Junior Senator with zero executive experience. To suggest the Dems have a better record on National Security is laughable. All you have to do is read the 13-page report Clinton left to the Bush Administration related to al Qaeda. It list attack after attack against the US which all went unanswered. As for Reid hiding in his office to draft a Bill so he would not be attacked, what kind of an excuse is that in Politics? You act like the Left did not attack the Right for the years previously. To attack the entire Republican Party as "vile, vicious, nasty little reptiles that can not stand anything or anyone that doesn't march in lock step with their ideology. They thought child labor was good, that women shouldn't vote and that black people should sit in the back of the bus. You guys have been on the wrong side of history too many times" is moronic at best. I find only those who do not believe in or have a weak argument resort to such.

Mark
          Now you are throwing out campaign talking points as a defense. Would you mind pointing out where Obama has reduced our security posture? I'll take a president that is intelligent, thoughtful and emotionally stable and mature over one that held the mostly ceremonial title of govenor of Texas. Or one of the biggest welfare states in the union, Alaska. Or one that isn't a secessionist.

As for not responding to attacks, what did Reagan do in Lebanon? Clinton took care of the first WTC bombers. Remember the "Wag the Dog" accusations when Clinton bombed buidlings where he thought Al Qaeda had operations?

Who gave Bin Laden an eight week headstart after 9/11. Who let him get away again at Tora Bora?

It's really a recent turn of the tables to call the dems weak on national defense. They use to be called the war party. FDR, Truman, Kennedy, Johnson. All I can say is that 9/11 happened on Bush's watch and try as one might, this simple fact can not be changed.

Please, explain what "Tea bag the liberal dems before they tea bag you" means. I've asked this several times and it seems no one is capable of providing an answer. I suppose it is easier to ignore a question you are unable to answer rather than confirm your ignorance of the phrase. Until someone can provide an updated definition of the phrase we'll just have to let the original definition stand.

As for Reid, you obviously did not bother to find out why he put the bill together in private. It really is a strawman. He isn't trying to pull a fast one. He put the bill together and sent it to the CBO because the traditional method would have resulted in more obstructionism.

And obstructionism is only acceptable when the repubs do it because they are the only good Americans, right?

It's really been an amazing demonstration of the power of propaganda. Two years ago one would have to look high and low to find anyone that would defend the health insurance industry. Now the health insurance industry is the victim and our government is the bad guy.

And I can't wait for Jod Bidden to call the repubs bluff and come out and say that he isn't part of the executive branch. FOX News will pre-empt all their news, oops, opinion journalism.

Comment

Time to put the hammer down on this one Mark or Josh or someone.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              Time to put the hammer down on this one Mark or Josh or someone.
              I suppose you're right, it does seem to have gotten a little off-topic.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
              X