X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senate Passes Health Care

It looks like we are one step closer to the Health Care Bill becoming reality. I'm having a hard time figuring out how many people are without health coverage. I have heard numbers as high as 46,000,000 but that as many as 12,000,000 of those are illegal aliens which will not be covered under the new Bill.

EDIT: I just heard on the news it will cover 30,000,000 which will leave 16,000,000 still uninsured.

My question now is how will this change the coverage of the 258,000,000 who were already covered. Obama says our rates will drop and the plan will not increase the debt of the US. Call me cynical but I don't see how in the World that can be true. I guess the older I get the less it will matter to me as the next generation will have to deal with it but that hardly seems fair. I wonder if I complain enoug,h I can get Harry Reid to buy me off?

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-24-2009, 01:22 PM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Senate Passes Health Care

My wife got a notice from Blue Cross/Blue Shield that her rates will be going up if the health care bill passes and becomes law.

That's change we can believe in!!
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

We'll learn how flawed the bill actually is over the next few months. It is the result of two parties disregarding the interests of the people and deciding that they will achieve their goals no matter the costs. The Republicans refusing to work with the Democrats through any means necessary and the Democrats passing the bill through any means necessary. The managed a compromise of neither side getting what they wanted.

Neither party decided to stand on the side of the people. The ends do not justify the means.

Comment

A comparison of House, Senate health care bills

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...ing.the.Bills/
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DSurette View Post
          My wife got a notice from Blue Cross/Blue Shield that her rates will be going up if the health care bill passes and becomes law.

That's change we can believe in!!
          To be fair her rates were going to go up regardless of the bill. Now they just have an excuse to justify it.

Comment

"Those Bastards! They Killed Kenny!"
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJL2...28AE48&index=6

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                We'll learn how flawed the bill actually is over the next few months. It is the result of two parties disregarding the interests of the people and deciding that they will achieve their goals no matter the costs. The Republicans refusing to work with the Democrats through any means necessary and the Democrats passing the bill through any means necessary. The managed a compromise of neither side getting what they wanted.

Neither party decided to stand on the side of the people. The ends do not justify the means.

I agree with the last sentence. However remember that the Dems wanted nothing to do with a bi partisan bill here and in fact shut out all Republican contributions way back in the beginning. All they wanted was for a few repubs to sign on so they could say it was bipartisan. Anyway, what it is is a cluster F^&k
                sigpic

Comment

I`d like to welcome you to the world of a caring society who look after there old, weak and the not so well off as other civilised countries already do.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    I`d like to welcome you to the world of a caring society who look after there old, weak and the not so well off as other civilised countries already do.

Tony
                    Tony, maybe you could include a list of these caring, civilized countries, so we could learn from them? I'm willing to bet they are not quite as caring or civilized as you might think.
                    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 12-27-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

The schoolhouse rock video is 35 years old now we need an updated version.

I mean scrap of paper! not many bills look like that anymore make him look like a few reams of paper.

Folks back home called their congressman and he listened! it should have be a lobbyist walked in with a suitcase of cash and he listened

He might die in comity! most bills suffer a much worse fate they get operated on in comity and come out looking like Frankenstein's monster

The president just signing a bill! Come now they don't just do that anymore they throw on a signing statement that can completely disregard the original intent

Video would also need to cover the concept of a filibuster as it now seems a requirement for anything to get through the senate

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post

Tony
                        That's completely un-American we'll have none of that nonsense!

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                          The schoolhouse rock video is 35 years old now we need an updated version.

I mean scrap of paper! not many bills look like that anymore make him look like a few reams of paper.

Folks back home called their congressman and he listened! it should have be a lobbyist walked in with a suitcase of cash and he listened

He might die in comity! most bills suffer a much worse fate they get operated on in comity and come out looking like Frankenstein's monster

The president just signing a bill! Come now they don't just do that anymore they throw on a signing statement that can completely disregard the original intent

Video would also need to cover the concept of a filibuster as it now seems a requirement for anything to get through the senate
                          I know, that's why I posted that video. As a young inocent child that's how I learned how the legislative system worked. Seems a far cry from where we are now.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            Tony, maybe you could include a list of these caring, civilized countries, so we could learn from them? I'm willing to bet they are not quite as caring or civilized as you might think.
                            He lives in one--do you?

Comment

We have a young lady who grew up in our home and traveled to Australia on vacation. While there, she met the love of her life and extended her stay. She never came home and soon they were married and moved to Victoria. When they had there first of two kids, her and the baby were not covered under her spouse's coverage. In the United States her husband would have been allowed to add her as a dependant.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X