Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Future-What will disappear?

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    I would like to see cell phones and I Pods disappear. The youth of this nation (and others) are so dependent on this technology that they have no clue how to actually do anything except push little buttons and send mostly inane messages to each other. The walk the halls with their heads bowed down, zombie like, texting their friends while the music drones in their ears, oblivious to what is going on around them.. Recently I went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. The number of idiots that paid good money to go and then sat there texting and playing dumb assed APP'S was mind boggling. These drones can't even put the crap down for a lousy hour and a half. Morons in the supermarket discussing NOTHING while aimlessly plowing into folks with their shopping carts because they are too busy talking or texting. What a sad sad waste of humanity, time and even technology. School kids that don't know the difference between a screwdriver and a wrench but they can damn sure text a million words a minute. All this amazing stuff is not rasing the level of education or humanity, it is taking it in a completely opposite didrection. Dumbing down, dumbing down. My own cell phone does stuff I can't understand and don't want to understand. It rings, I answer it ( if I'm not busy ) I don't text, tweet, facebook, myspace or any thing else other than visit these forums, but then, I'm old and from a generation that knows how to multiply numbers, read a book and actually write an intelligable sentence once in awhile. You want your kids to do better in school? Take away the damn cell phone and Ipod.
    Paw-paws pissed. Dam Jitterbug won't work!

I only use my mobile as a phone also NH.

Handwriting/penmanship will disappear except for a signature.

And even THAT maybe be gone as fingerprinting, iris identification, and facial recognition becomes cheaper and more prevalent.

J.C.

Comment

The cell phone has made the world smaller and while it's given us many benefits, we have lost things in the trade. I f we had to give up our cell phones and depend on landlines, no more interruptions at performances, movie theatres, church, no more auto acidents caused by folks distracted talking or texting, a big decrease in illegal activity currently enabled by cell phones. Possibly a return to a more civil, respectful time. Don't worry, none of that will happen, we are hooked and our children even more. Most of us will use our cell phones in a responsible manner to enhance our lives, the rest are idiots or criminals the product of a dumb society.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        I would like to see cell phones and I Pods disappear. The youth of this nation (and others) are so dependent on this technology that they have no clue how to actually do anything except push little buttons and send mostly inane messages to each other. The walk the halls with their heads bowed down, zombie like, texting their friends while the music drones in their ears, oblivious to what is going on around them.. Recently I went to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. The number of idiots that paid good money to go and then sat there texting and playing dumb assed APP'S was mind boggling. These drones can't even put the crap down for a lousy hour and a half. Morons in the supermarket discussing NOTHING while aimlessly plowing into folks with their shopping carts because they are too busy talking or texting. What a sad sad waste of humanity, time and even technology. School kids that don't know the difference between a screwdriver and a wrench but they can damn sure text a million words a minute. All this amazing stuff is not rasing the level of education or humanity, it is taking it in a completely opposite didrection. Dumbing down, dumbing down. My own cell phone does stuff I can't understand and don't want to understand. It rings, I answer it ( if I'm not busy ) I don't text, tweet, facebook, myspace or any thing else other than visit these forums, but then, I'm old and from a generation that knows how to multiply numbers, read a book and actually write an intelligable sentence once in awhile. You want your kids to do better in school? Take away the damn cell phone and Ipod.
        Heh, my grandmother, whom finally broke the 80 year old mark, would disagree. She was always into the latest and greatest, and believes Skype is the greatest invention ever. Not only can she video conference with her daughters over the various webcams, but can give virtual tours of eachothers homes around the holidays over various decorations, gardens, etc.

Comment

Working...
        X