• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Future-What will disappear?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Meter Readers.

J.C.
    Maybe someday, however, with the advent of remotely operated/ computer controlled meter reading has brought along other threats to keep such things from being prevaliant - Espionage, spying, and hacking.

The CIA has learned that foreign entities have hacked parts of California's grid that monitored by "Smart Metering" systems. While such intrusions have not done, perhaps unable to cause, any damage to the grid, such snooping around does allow a potential enemy to gain intelligence on our grid system and an easier search for any vunerabilities.

Comment

Adult wipes and toilet paper as we know it. it will be more of a drying paper. I'm sorry to say plumbers will not lead this change. We will be a day late and a dollar short on a technology that could help our families and country beyond belief. I just had a plumber up in Petosky refuse to install a toilet seat bidet for a handy capped person because of his total ignorance and stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
        Old school plumbers.
        Is that good or bad?

Comment

the picture tube/ crt.

the trend is all flat screen lcd/ plasma. have you been to costco in the last couple years?

jojo says fax machines

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
            Is that good or bad?
            Niether. It is what it is. And it is a brave, new DIY world.

Comment

Good old U.S. Made work boots!

When I bought my last pair of Red Wings. Made in USA with imported materials.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                the picture tube/ crt.

the trend is all flat screen lcd/ plasma. have you been to costco in the last couple years?

jojo says fax machines

rick.
                I'm hanging on to my 2004 32" Samsung CRT until I have to move it.

150lbs light, it takes 3 to move it safely.

James

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                  Adult wipes and toilet paper as we know it. it will be more of a drying paper. I'm sorry to say plumbers will not lead this change. We will be a day late and a dollar short on a technology that could help our families and country beyond belief. I just had a plumber up in Petosky refuse to install a toilet seat bidet for a handy capped person because of his total ignorance and stupidity.
                  Maybe we will go with the 3 sea shells.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                    The only thing that is stopping the bidet seat from going nationwide is price. I've talked to customers and they just won't give more than $100.00 to $150.00 for the best one.

I know you'll say that's an unreasonable expectation for costs & features, but I'm just telling you what the people say.

Get a full featured one that will last for $100.00 and they'll take over. Don't and they will just continue their slow creep up and down.

J.C.

Comment

"Tax Free" internet exchanges of any kind.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post

That's nothing new. Materials collected from all over then made and put together in one spot is a centeries old method to manufacturing.

Look at Germany, they make the best stuff on earth, but a large portion of their steel comes from Swedish Iron ore.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                          That's nothing new. Materials collected from all over then made and put together in one spot is a centeries old method to manufacturing.

Look at Germany, they make the best stuff on earth, but a large portion of their steel comes from Swedish Iron ore.
                          What's the problem from using leather from US cattle?

Comment

Some Red Wings are made totally overseas.

Some are made in the USA of imported materials.

And some are made totally in the USA from what I understand. You can often tell by their higher price. Those are the ones I wear whether it's wise or not.

Last I checked, made in Minnesota with materials from here.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/images/boots/large/953.jpg

J.C.

Comment

Too much fat.

Comment

Nothing. But the leather is processed here by people with higher operating and wage costs.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X