• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Future-What will disappear?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Personal Checks.

J.C.
    Ummm, What the heck is that?

oh, I have one: Fan Fold Maps! The kind Fred Flintstone could never seem to fold back up.

Comment

Tough call.

In plumbing, Copper pipe and PVC glue with toxic fumes.

In technology CD players will go away. CD's will be laughed at like 8-tracks. Nobody will rent DVD's it will all be done electronically through a phone line/internet.

I still can't believe we use wax rings for toilets. This is on the verge of changing dramatically.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        Maybe we will go with the 3 sea shells.
        That's funny you say that. Tons of people have sea shells on there tanks as decoration around here and have know reason why. I did not know until a couple years ago. I wonder why corn cobs never caught on as decoration. See what you east coasters started.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
          Tough call.

I still can't believe we use wax rings for toilets. This is on the verge of changing dramatically.
          I hope you are right Tyman. It will be about time.

Comment

The only thing that is stopping the bidet seat from going nationwide is price. I've talked to customers and they just won't give more than $100.00 to $150.00 for the best one.

I know you'll say that's an unreasonable expectation for costs & features, but I'm just telling you what the people say.

Get a full featured one that will last for $100.00 and they'll take over. Don't and they will just continue their slow creep up and down.

J.C.
            JC I wish price was the issue. Price does not matter. those people would not take and use a toilet seat bidet if it was free!!!!!! How do I know? because I have given more than a few away. So actually it is going to be way tougher than just price. I have had guys that have bought them at all price ranges took them home and the wife said absolutely not. Now we have a no refund policy unless it has been used for 1 month. If they aren't man enough stand up to the wife and put it in there own homes and use it they deserve to loose there money.

But you are right it is going to be a long uphill battle for me.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
              JC I wish price was the issue. Price does not matter. those people would not take and use a toilet seat bidet if it was free!!!!!! How do I know? because I have given more than a few away. So actually it is going to be way tougher than just price. I have had guys that have bought them at all price ranges took them home and the wife said absolutely not. Now we have a no refund policy unless it has been used for 1 month. If they aren't man enough stand up to the wife and put it in there own homes and use it they deserve to loose there money.

But you are right it is going to be a long uphill battle for me.
              No dis, but this is incorrect. Price DOES matter. Want proof? Charge $1000.00 for any bidet seat you install.

There IS an equal battle to climb in getting people to change their ways of thinking and doing things. 100 years ago more people had outhouses. Imagine the first person telling others he/she was going to drop their load...in the house! But price is an issue.

This is the capitalist model for a country and price always matters.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by choyboy View Post
                Wood burning fireplaces, banned in new residential developement in Vancouver for several years already.

I definitely have to agree that wood burning, cannot be healthy for the user or the people around it.

To what severity, who knows, but my neighbor burns constantly and when there is a still night, you cannot breathe outside, it's that bad.

We burned for almost 17 years. It's a dirty heat, unless you have an area isolated from the rest of the home.

Tons of work from woods to woodpile to fireplace.

Hard work makes me accustomed to working hard now.

Thank goodness for that since so many of our youth are afraid of it.

But to answer that question what will disappear?

Marriage.

I love to hear people sticking it out, making it work, staying solid for the fabric of family, but there are more single people than married at this point, and the sacred vows of marriage seem to be constantly destroyed, which I find appalling.

I'd like to be married someday but there's no guarantee what feels good now means it feels good later. Marriage is sacrifice on many levels. Trust is only one of the models in the structure.

People just fall out of love, get tired of the one they are with. Things get boring and now you're spending $54.99 on the Dr. Phil Show to pump life back into that deflated tire.

Kids can make it even harder, through the trials and tribulations.

People so broke now they are staying married because there are no assets to divide, and to live on thy own ain't cheap!

I might lose a kidney in the future too.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by jcsplumbing View Post
                  my beef with it as art though is they showed him going on a shoot and taking something like 5,000+ shots for an article that may use 10 pictures.
                  J.c.
                  5,760 pictures played back like a movie will make a 4 Minute clip.

If a blind person pans and zooms a movie camera around for 4 minutes, I'm sure we could get at least 10 still frames the look like a professional took them.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    Maybe we will go with the 3 sea shells.
                    Why do you suppose, whenever we greet someone, we always shake his right hand and NEVER his left?

Comment

No dis, but this is incorrect. Price DOES matter. Want proof? Charge $1000.00 for any bidet seat you install.

There IS an equal battle to climb in getting people to change their ways of thinking and doing things. 100 years ago more people had outhouses. Imagine the first person telling others he/she was going to drop their load...in the house! But price is an issue.

This is the capitalist model for a country and price always matters.

J.C.
                      You are right price always matters. I would love to have a full blown warm seat, air dry, warm water unit with remote control for 100 to $150. but right now overcoming price is easy for me. It's overcoming the social norm thats tuff. If somebody wants to try one the $75.00 to $600.00 bucks is they easy part. That may be because of my passion for toilet seat bidets. I don't do that great selling anything else. I'm not a natural salesman thats for sure. You get me face to face with someone that says they will try one for $100 I'll get them to spend way more. Unless price is just a smoke screen.

Again you are right I can't sell every one in the Country at some point people have to want to buy one with out being told or sold on it. At that point I believe a good unit with a lot off bells and whistles will be available at the box stores for 150 to 200.

Comment

thinking i think will disappear

privacy

the post offices

letter writing

video rental stores

trade people

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                          I definitely have to agree that wood burning, cannot be healthy for the user or the people around it.

To what severity, who knows, but my neighbor burns constantly and when there is a still night, you cannot breathe outside, it's that bad.

We burned for almost 17 years. It's a dirty heat, unless you have an area isolated from the rest of the home.

Tons of work from woods to woodpile to fireplace.

Hard work makes me accustomed to working hard now.

Thank goodness for that since so many of our youth are afraid of it.

But to answer that question what will disappear?

Marriage.

I love to hear people sticking it out, making it work, staying solid for the fabric of family, but there are more single people than married at this point, and the sacred vows of marriage seem to be constantly destroyed, which I find appalling.

I'd like to be married someday but there's no guarantee what feels good now means it feels good later. Marriage is sacrifice on many levels. Trust is only one of the models in the structure.

People just fall out of love, get tired of the one they are with. Things get boring and now you're spending $54.99 on the Dr. Phil Show to pump life back into that deflated tire.

Kids can make it even harder, through the trials and tribulations.

People so broke now they are staying married because there are no assets to divide, and to live on thy own ain't cheap!

I might lose a kidney in the future too.
                          I mentioned marriage in an earlier post. I've been married twenty seven years, never been unfaithful and still love my wife, but so much can change to ruin a marriage. I think for economic reasons and for the health and welfare of children, the structure of marriage as we know it must change. Much as I'm a romantic, I'm at the point where I would strongly advise folks to avoid getting married. Statistics on divorce are staggering and that tells nothing of the emotional and financial tragedy involved. Stay single!!!

Comment

Originally posted by where am i View Post
                            thinking i think will disappear

privacy

the post offices

letter writing

video rental stores

trade people
                            Ahhhh yes, the good'ol post office. A great model of efficiency and money management. Raise prices, lower staff, and reduce services, & create mind numbing policies and procedures. Sign me up!
                            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              I mentioned marriage in an earlier post. I've been married twenty seven years, never been unfaithful and still love my wife, but so much can change to ruin a marriage. I think for economic reasons and for the health and welfare of children, the structure of marriage as we know it must change. Much as I'm a romantic, I'm at the point where I would strongly advise folks to avoid getting married. Statistics on divorce are staggering and that tells nothing of the emotional and financial tragedy involved. Stay single!!!

I thought of mentioning marriage as well, but I really didn't want to believe it. Yes, I am well aware of the divorce rates, I have seen from the front row at a young age just how destructive a failed marriage can be, how many women my age forsake marriage for their careers, and those a little younger don't even think about getting married for multiple reasons. I'm thirty now, thiry one in a few months, and being single this entire time is exacting an emotional toll.

Comment

Will disappear in the US, or world-wide? There are some parts of the world that an outhouse would be a technological advancement, and many "civilized" places where they still have open sewers running along the streets.

However, in the spirit of this thread, I'll submit:

Hard cash

Go
                                Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
                                X