Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future-What will disappear?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: The Future-What will disappear?

    Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
    I thought of mentioning marriage as well, but I really didn't want to believe it. Yes, I am well aware of the divorce rates, I have seen from the front row at a young age just how destructive a failed marriage can be, how many women my age forsake marriage for their careers, and those a little younger don't even think about getting married for multiple reasons. I'm thirty now, thiry one in a few months, and being single this entire time is exacting an emotional toll.
    I have a lot to say on the subject of love, marriage and raising a family, and I hope you hear me out. I was a late bloomer and only had one love before meeting and falling in love with my wife. I was twenty nine when we got married and I had no reservations or doubt that our love was strong and would last forever. This is my overview on the whole thing, if you are a decent guy and are lucky enough to meet and develop a relationship with a decent woman, there's a chance you will have a few maybe more good years together. Children do change the relationship, but even though most women transition from lovers to "Moms", there is still some intimacy until they get a little older, late thirties early forties when premenopause sets in. Even under the best circumstances you have to accept rocky times from inlaws, children, health and money problems, and the eventual onset of age. I apologize for being a downer on marriage, it's not fair for me to be disillusioned and troubled with my own situation and discourage others. My wife and I had plenty of interference from her family, but we had many years of passionate love. We lost a child to illness many years ago, but we have had the joy and challenge of raising two more wonderful daughters. Things are not good now, but they were good for a long time. We can't be too careful in life because to do so takes away not only the risk but the joy. Driving can get you crippled or killed but you do it for the function and sometimes the fun. Marriage can result in a broken heart and financial ruin, but it can also give the the chance to touch another person in a most magnificent way. Marriage and a little luck can give you the experience to be a parent, to impart your love, caring and knowledge to a person who is a little part of you. The future of what marriage may become is of no concern right now, this is your time, your one shot at life and if you're holding back to be safe, don't! Be kind, caring, thoughtful and faithful with the women you encounter. When you feel the same in return take a chance. Good luck.

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: The Future-What will disappear?

      Originally posted by Gofor View Post

      Hard cash

      Go


      You are correct.


      It's soon to disappear. They want everything that can be traced, find its source.


      By convenience we've been moved in this direction by simplicity (debit cards)
      \

      I rarely have cash anymore. No point in needed it as I can swipe a card at no cost.

      All I can say is if they force that, you'll see the underground of money exchanging move into other venues in trade/compensation.

      Could be good for certain entities but I think the poor people will always have to survive on cash. The government wants track of every dollar...they stand to gain from that notion.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: The Future-What will disappear?

        Twitter.

        J.C.

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: The Future-What will disappear?

          Originally posted by Gofor View Post
          Hard cash
          I'd believe that. I spend less than 1% of my income using actual currency.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: The Future-What will disappear?

            Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Twitter.

            J.C.

            That is guaranteed just like myspace, facebook and some of these other ones that aren't mentioned much.


            But, you have to ride the wave and follow where the tides are in business.


            Youtube? <<< I think that's here for the longhaul.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: The Future-What will disappear?

              Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
              Marriage.


              I love to hear people sticking it out, making it work, staying solid for the fabric of family, but there are more single people than married at this point, and the sacred vows of marriage seem to be constantly destroyed, which I find appalling.
              It may not be easy, but I think that it marriage isn't going anywhere. There are clear economic and social advantages to marriage if you are planning on having a family.

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: The Future-What will disappear?

                I'll tell you what is going to disappear, old-school, face-to-face dating hook ups.

                Since 1997, we now have an entire generation that has internet access throughout their lives. Women today can go online and pick out men in the same manner of shopping as they would to pick out shoes and see what fits. Which gives me an idea: How about I just cut out the BS, simply strip myself down naked save for a blindfold, and hold up a sign (Much like a mugshot) indicating name, age, weight, and occupation, then post the photo online?

                It just might work.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: The Future-What will disappear?

                  Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                  I'll tell you what is going to disappear, old-school, face-to-face dating hook ups.

                  Since 1997, we now have an entire generation that has internet access throughout their lives. Women today can go online and pick out men in the same manner of shopping as they would to pick out shoes and see what fits. Which gives me an idea: How about I just cut out the BS, simply strip myself down naked save for a blindfold, and hold up a sign (Much like a mugshot) indicating name, age, weight, and occupation, then post the photo online?

                  It just might work.
                  try it, you might end up with a dude

                  rick.
                  phoebe it is

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: The Future-What will disappear?

                    Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                    I thought of mentioning marriage as well, but I really didn't want to believe it. Yes, I am well aware of the divorce rates, I have seen from the front row at a young age just how destructive a failed marriage can be, how many women my age forsake marriage for their careers, and those a little younger don't even think about getting married for multiple reasons. I'm thirty now, thiry one in a few months, and being single this entire time is exacting an emotional toll.
                    Lighten up some. There is new ***** on the horizon.

                    J.C.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: The Future-What will disappear?

                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      try it, you might end up with a dude

                      rick.


                      As long as I'm not on the receiving end, it will be the only behind I would have ever gotten!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: The Future-What will disappear?

                        The majority of corded hand tools like drills, saws, etc.

                        Been reading some physics things on batteries that have the potential to blow LiOn away. Not sure of the timeline though.

                        But the cord is going on these...

                        J.C.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: The Future-What will disappear?

                          There's a good chance that social security will be broke within 20 years. Some say sooner.... I think the gooberment will prop it up for a while... but in the end mass retirements of the baby boomers, and the fact that it's been mismanaged for a looooong time, will stress it too far.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: The Future-What will disappear?

                            Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Lighten up some. There is new ***** on the horizon.

                            J.C.

                            By the time that light shows, I'll be too old. Amasingly enough (Don't get me started on the letter "Z"), it does seem as the institution of marriage dwindles, so does these girls' inhibitions regarding sex. Again, due to access to the internet, porn is accessable with an ease never before imagined. No more awkward glances from the store clerk, and even less paying for such material, removes a mental block that slowed down many of us when we were younger. This doesn't mean these kids will be viewing such material non-stop, but it DOES start putting ideas into these kids' heads at a pivital time in their mental development regarding sex.

                            I was born just a little too early.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: The Future-What will disappear?

                              Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              The majority of corded hand tools like drills, saws, etc.

                              Been reading some physics things on batteries that have the potential to blow LiOn away. Not sure of the timeline though.

                              But the cord is going on these...

                              J.C.
                              There is a battery currently being tested that utilizes bio-electrics via bacteria that give off either negative charges or positive charges. It was tested in a motorcycle with an electric motor. The bike ended up launching itself until the motor finally blew up from excessive power.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: The Future-What will disappear?

                                Person freedoms, property rights, and state rights, at lest as we know them.
                                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X