Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Future-What will disappear?

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
    I'll tell you what is going to disappear, old-school, face-to-face dating hook ups.

Since 1997, we now have an entire generation that has internet access throughout their lives. Women today can go online and pick out men in the same manner of shopping as they would to pick out shoes and see what fits. Which gives me an idea: How about I just cut out the BS, simply strip myself down naked save for a blindfold, and hold up a sign (Much like a mugshot) indicating name, age, weight, and occupation, then post the photo online?

It just might work.
    As much as I believe in marriage, I agree with you and kind of get depressed whenever I think what could happen if I didn't get engaged by the time I finished college. With all the time spent at work, that leaves little time for anything else (plus I'm kind of a boring guy); and workplace relationships are not a good career move.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      As much as I believe in marriage, I agree with you and kind of get depressed whenever I think what could happen if I didn't get engaged by the time I finished college. With all the time spent at work, that leaves little time for anything else (plus I'm kind of a boring guy); and workplace relationships are not a good career move.

Never put your meat where your money is
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Sectional Machines.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
          Exception:

Where such actions gain the option of blackmail in the event of future career moves, or as a protective measure against corporate "streamlining".

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
            What if you're a butcher??

Buddy of mine is a butcher and he left his wife for a coworker.

"I worked with her - she was my meat wrapper", he told me one day, relating the story of how they met.

"I'm sure she was your meat wrapper", I replied.

True story.
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Communism.

J.C.

Comment

Regular lightbulbs. Replaced by LED.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Non-electronic verbal conversation! Everywhere I look, people are either on their cell phones, talking or texting. Two people walking down the street or riding in the car and one of them is on the phone. Apparently we are quickly loosing our sense of companionship.

Tis Sad I think,

CWS
                  Last edited by CWSmith; 01-03-2010, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Charlie, We were in a fast food joint the other day, 3 girls at the next table were all involved with texting different people. They never said a word to each other. Gofor stole my answer to this question, Cash. Back in the middle of December I noticed I had $8 in my pocket, yesterday I noticed I have $7, I finally remembered I bought a refill for my coffee cup at a gas staion one day a couple weeks ago. Everyone uses thier debit cards nowadays. I'll stay out of the marriage discussion, I've had the LOML for almost 35 years now, think maybe I'll just keep her.
                    Last edited by papadan; 01-03-2010, 05:39 PM.
                    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                      I'll stay out of the marriage discussion, I've had the LOML for almost 25 years now, think maybe I'll just keep her.
                      I'm not going there either (marriage discussion). Patty and I have been together for a long time now. We knew each other for a year, worked together for a year, dated for a year, engaged for a year, and am presently married for the last forty-two! We haven't merged our LP collection though, as she still doesn't trust me to put then back in the slip cases properly. Such things were often the "straw" that broke couples up!

CWS

Comment

I think all money will go away and become debit cards, that way the govt. can make sure you are paying all of your taxes.

Printed books and literature for the most part, everything will be electronic.

G3

Comment

I'm a romantic at heart and enjoy hearing about successful marriages. My Mom and Dad were married sixty two years and still were very much in love when he passed away. Unfortunately the true love stories and marriages that stand the test of time are rare. I'm not placing blame on either men or women, the institution of marriage itself is very difficult to survive given all the variables. I know my wife and I have been faithful, loving and hardworking all these years and yet we are in trouble. I have blogged about marriage and relationships on another site for years and it is very complicated. People are complicated, then you have inlaws, substance abuse, psychological and physical issues that are there in the beginning or arise during the relationship, and the added dynamic of children and money issues. The list goes on and to survive all that and still be okay is in my opinion the result of caring, hard work and a little luck thrown in for good measure. Much as I'm a little depressed, disappointed currently, I still think it's an individual decision and to not explore love and marriage is to avoid the possibility for hurt as well as the possibility for a remarkable love.

Comment

I think this will be something that will disappear in the near future:

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects a right to keep and bear arms. The Second Amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The American Bar Association has noted that there is more disagreement and less understanding about this right than of any other current issue regarding the Constitution
                            ________
                            DODGE ZEO SPECIFICATIONS
                            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:28 PM.
                            Mike

Comment

Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
                              I think this will be something that will disappear in the near future:

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects a right to keep and bear arms. The Second Amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The American Bar Association has noted that there is more disagreement and less understanding about this right than of any other current issue regarding the Constitution
                              Tend to agree with you on that.

It's been problematic since its inception do to the framers lack of imagination and vision on the future of weaponry. That combined with the future legislation's inability or unwillingness to clarify adapt or remove it has just created a cluster **** of stupidity all around

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

To me the original intent would be a private organized militia should have the right to own and operate equipment on par with the US military. Enabling the private citizens of the US be able to effective rise up and rebel against the US government should the need arise. That would mean for example if a private militia wanted a few Apache helicopters and a squadron of Stealth bombers they should have the right to purchase them. I'm OK with that

A majority of people aren't OK with Joe Smith running around with the capacity to take out large population centers so they opt not to allow it.

Comment

So you'd be okay with the KKK or the American Nazi party having a few Apache Helicopters or perhaps a B2 or maybe a few ballistic missles?

And of course we wouldn't be able to deny the Jewish Defence League, yout local Mosque, the religious right, Fox News and the NAACP, or even any of the well financed drug cartels and human trafficers that have a stake in America. Just think what the illegal immigrants in your local town could do, if they can come up with the financing.

Yep, sounds like a pretty smart idea to me!

CWS

Comment

Working...
                                X