X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morals and Ethics

Good Morning to all and a happy, safe and prosperous New Year.

This may be an old topic to which I appologise. As professionals we are held more accountable than any others. If we muck up we are hung drawn and quartered without a blink of the eye. In Australia we are constantly being told we have to be responsible when faced with dangerous and illegal installations. However we often find that the regulators dont have spines and dont support us even though we will be held to account if the situation escalates. Gasfitting should be supported without question. One recent case that a mate of mine faced was a man of foreign origin going to Bunnings and buying an external Instantaneous Hot water service and installing it INSIDE the main area of a granny flat. His daughter is the occupant. His claim was Plumbers charge obscene rates and are just rip off merchants. My mate rang the regulator who suggested that there was nothing they could do because there was no death or "paperwork"from a professional "Practicioner"so it gets away without challenge. Going with this I ask the question where do we all stand with Professional Morals and Ethics in these type of situations

Re: Morals and Ethics

cleanmen 2, here is a thread i started last year. pretty much on the same page as your post.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21909

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick.............!!!!

Comment

Shouldn't this thread belong in the "The future- What will disappear?" thread?

Comment

Working...
        X