Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can be done???

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What can be done???

    I was at the local HD the other day. Was listening to the last few minutes of a show on Public Radio before I went inside.

    I watched two different cars park in the handicap spaces and put their placard on the rear view mirror. Then they got out without any apparent impediments and go inside. That pisses me off.

    The ADA act as I am familiar with was intended for wheelchair users and severely handicapped. NOT because you've reached a certain age or your leg hurts sometimes. Mine hurts too.

    I tossed it back and forth in my mind while sitting there. Maybe I didn't know the total of these people's circumstances. Then I watched the one guy be-bop out walking better than most tradesmen and drive away. Also I went inside and saw the other people (THEY WERE AN OLDER COUPLE) walking around and shopping.

    Now think about this. HD is 5 times more walking around than the distance from the handicap parking spaces to the store. I've seen it before. This is nothing more than entitlement & selfishness to me.

    I personally know one person that may have to have knee replacement soon. I know another one that is over 80 and had both knees operated on and is having ankle problems.

    Neither of them have ever even entertained the idea of getting a handicap placard or parking in a handicap space.

    Pisses me off.

    J.C.

  • #2
    Re: What can be done???

    For sure people Suck on Freebies.

    Some do have flare up's or reminition(arthritis).

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What can be done???

      Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      For sure people Suck on Freebies.

      Some do have flare up's or reminition(arthritis).
      Me too. BUT....I see them inside taking their time walking the entire store. Easy enough to walk the football field sized store but they need to park right at the front door.

      Not right.

      J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 01-03-2010, 11:45 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What can be done???

        Well, since those same people are extremely lazy, they often leave those heavy flatbed carts around the parking lot, often with the dangerous potential of rolling down the landscape's decline.

        I sincerely hope no one accidentally trips over one that just so happens to cause it to roll into the side of one of those poor ADA marked vehicles...

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What can be done???

          there are scum bags wherever you go
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What can be done???

            The handicapped parking should be placed at the furthest distance from the establishment.
            The extra exercise would benefit them.

            While at the local WM the other day there was one of those BMW sporty two seaters parked in the handicapped parking area. I thought to myself. What in the Hell am I doing working, when I can get disabilty and drive one of these chick magnets.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What can be done???

              Originally posted by James P View Post
              The handicapped parking should be placed at the furthest distance from the establishment.
              The extra exercise would benefit them.


              While at the local WM the other day there was one of those BMW sporty two seaters parked in the handicapped parking area. I thought to myself. What in the Hell am I doing working, when I can get disabilty and drive one of these chick magnets.
              I guarantee you there are some good, determined, people that have to use a wheelchair and would have zero problems with this. Don't want to be treated differently at all. Just need some extra space to use get their chair out.

              J.C.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What can be done???

                My idea is better.

                Revenge is a dish served cold,
                Revenge with plausible deniability is a delicacy!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What can be done???

                  Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                  My idea is better.

                  Revenge is a dish served cold,
                  Revenge with plausible deniability is a delicacy!
                  Funny somewhat. But I just couldn't bring myself to "lose control" of the heavy cart.

                  J.C.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What can be done???

                    Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Me too. BUT....I see them inside taking their time walking the entire store. Easy enough to walk the football field sized store but they need to park right at the front door.

                    Not right.

                    J.C.
                    No it's not J.
                    If it makes you feel better I have been known to let those know how disgusted I am with their abuse of the priviledge.

                    For the record,the city had our Home Depot provide 30 handicap spots.On any given day I've seen no more than three occupied.Me and a couple other guys will stab our rigs into any of the open ones furthest from the doors for a quickie on days of high occupancy/low security.I obviously won't do this in a lot with high security or limited spaces
                    Before anyone feels they have to scrunch their nose,shake their finger and start singin' the "Nyaa,Nyaa,Nyaa",
                    This is my take...Hundreds of other cars in the lot,anyone is welcome to put their shveiner on the chopping block for the man with me.This keeps the spots open for the ones of need and the manipulators.
                    Just another little taste of human.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What can be done???

                      Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      there are scum bags wherever you go
                      Amen

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What can be done???

                        Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        No it's not J.
                        If it makes you feel better I have been known to let those know how disgusted I am with their abuse of the priviledge.

                        For the record,the city had our Home Depot provide 30 handicap spots.On any given day I've seen no more than three occupied.Me and a couple other guys will stab our rigs into any of the open ones furthest from the doors for a quickie on days of high occupancy/low security.I obviously won't do this in a lot with high security or limited spaces
                        Before anyone feels they have to scrunch their nose,shake their finger and start singin' the "Nyaa,Nyaa,Nyaa",
                        This is my take...Hundreds of other cars in the lot,anyone is welcome to put their shveiner on the chopping block for the man with me.This keeps the spots open for the ones of need and the manipulators.
                        Just another little taste of human.
                        I do think that the % requirement in the ADA requirements for various things are completely inaccurate. There are some places in the U.S. that may only need 6 spaces. Others may need 20 for the exact same facility.

                        Blanketing these things under the possibility of use based on size is completely asinine to me.

                        J.C.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What can be done???

                          it amazes me how many business owners around town are handicap and get to park for free all day long in front of their stores

                          while the honest citizens have to pay $1 an hour and move their car every 1-2 hours from 8 am to 8 pm

                          this is something that i wish they would repeal and force the so called handicapped/ non wheel chaired to prove their ailments to a county health dr. not just a friend who signs you off

                          the biggest scam was at the airport/ lax when they had parking meters in the inner circle something that could cost a good $20 a day or more. of course with a little blue tag hanging from your mirror, it's free for as long as you're there. even a week or more so not only did they get prime parking, they got it for free. all b.s. and the department of airports finally got wise to it and eliminated the whole meter thing

                          how about a few years ago when 1/2 the ucla football team had placards based on how they played the last few years, i can see why they needed them

                          or at the countries busiest public golf course, dozens of prime parking spots please explain that logic what's another 100'

                          i can go on and on as this whole handicap placard thing really pisses me off.

                          rick.
                          phoebe it is

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What can be done???

                            Without those types, who would know normal?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What can be done???

                              Not parking but I was at western auto draw-ed my number and was waiting my turn.This pregnant teenager wants to go ahead of me because she says "I'm pregnant." I tell her so what you are suppose to exercise...lol.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X