X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do i f'ing bother!?!?!?!?

You know, i am always trying to learn more and network more and make new connections with people in this business but sometimes, i just want to go insane with some of the worthless banter i see online.

I recently visited another forum that i am a part of but not very active on and just cant believe how people talk to each other and interact. Maybe i am just spoiled here on the Ridgid Forum?

I feel like i am really talking with friends here that appreciate my ideas and don't judge but rather provide positive guidance based on real experiences that they have faced in this field. I have never been attacked on this forum even in the midst of heated discussions.

I tried to explain how i handle a particular service for my customers and apparently some did not agree. So rather than explaining a better way or just asking me why my process works, i was attacked and in a round about way called a HACK! I have NEVER been called this in my entire life! Makes me sick really. Nothing like being judged for something by someone who knows nothing about me or my business practices.

I think i will remove myself from this other forum and let those folks who obviously have no sense of decency or respect continue spewing garbage that does not move our trade forward in a positive manner.

Thanks again Ridgid Forum members for being the best group out there online. We truly are the REAL DEAL!!!!!!
    www.firstresponsedrain.com

Re: Why do i f'ing bother!?!?!?!?

Well, what practices do you exert?

Comment

i love you jake

but you have to get in line behind charlie and bill

was it the "pros only forum"

we missed you a few months ago

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

The Ridgid Forum is unlike any other Internet experience and it does spoil a person. I think we all judge what we see and hear, and form opinions but that does not mean we can't be respectful in our response or criticism. I think Ridgid Forum is so unique because of the people posting and the watchful eye of Mark and Josh!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          i love you jake

but you have to get in line behind charlie and bill

was it the "pros only forum"

we missed you a few months ago

rick.
          PZ

Better to be in BACK of Charlie than in front!

At least that's what i saw in a picture last year!!!

We missed you guys too! I was majorly bummed out.
          www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

JR,

I think that was a nice post, it's always good to see someone express their appreciation for something like this forum.

We've certainly had a few characters that seemed provacative in their interactions with others here; but so too have there been those of us who have stepped-up and we've all learned from it.

I love a good dialogue, especially with competing opinions, and I appreciatively recognize that this forum is filled with "friends" who share their opinions with a certain civility and respect for our differences.

Thanks again for the post,

CWS

Comment

JR, you think anyone around here gives a dam about you or your ideas? Well, your right, we do. You can find those forums and people in all subjects from Auto repair to Woodworking, when you find a good one stick with it.
              info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I'm particularly fond of those forums where some think unlicensed DIY'er gets all pissy because you have the nerve to expect them to follow the plumbing code. Or those that have no license at all and think they are gods gift to the forum. But then, there are bung holes everywhere you go so why let it get to you. The whole key is respect for one another and their opinions ( cept for politics where if'n you don't agree with me I'm all over you like flies on Poo )
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jrsaltz View Post
                  You know, i am always trying to learn more and network more and make new connections with people in this business but sometimes, i just want to go insane with some of the worthless banter i see online.

I recently visited another forum that i am a part of but not very active on and just cant believe how people talk to each other and interact. Maybe i am just spoiled here on the Ridgid Forum?

I feel like i am really talking with friends here that appreciate my ideas and don't judge but rather provide positive guidance based on real experiences that they have faced in this field. I have never been attacked on this forum even in the midst of heated discussions.

I tried to explain how i handle a particular service for my customers and apparently some did not agree. So rather than explaining a better way or just asking me why my process works, i was attacked and in a round about way called a HACK! I have NEVER been called this in my entire life! Makes me sick really. Nothing like being judged for something by someone who knows nothing about me or my business practices.

I think i will remove myself from this other forum and let those folks who obviously have no sense of decency or respect continue spewing garbage that does not move our trade forward in a positive manner.

Thanks again Ridgid Forum members for being the best group out there online. We truly are the REAL DEAL!!!!!!
                  I have been called every name and insult known to man for almost my entire life. Such things, while offensive, don't even get so much as a flinch out of me, for long I have been battle hardened.

Sir, to you, I say welcome to the internet. Where such thoughts are passed around without the face-to-face inhibitions that filter out such comments. If there is one thing, one silver lining, is that such commentaries, while may be mislead, mis-informed, or simply mistaken, it is conveyed in the belief to be the truth! If you think that particular forum may be bad, try registering for a gaming forum, those bastards are ruthless! I should know, I was on the receiving end for a while, from full grown men!. I'm going to apologise here ahead of time and say that if you came here to get a "pat on the shoulder" or a reassuring "There, there", you won't get it from me. If such comments lead to be the worst emotional injury worthy of mentioning to us, then you have it pretty good to even feel just a stabbing.

Look, I'll throw you a bone, look up the term "trolling" as it pertains to online forums. It will help explain some of the comments or even threads that get posted.

Comment

I'm going to post to a link hosting this image rather than the image itself, it has some language that i'm afraid would get it removed. It's an image relating a theory about people on the internet, and I believe it applies to your situation.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/
                    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Hey -

I hear ya, Some people just like to hide behind avatars and yell and will never show respect

Anyhow - You know what they say, for every forum that goes under there is another one that pops up

and waaa laaa http://www.dunbarplumbingforums.com/DUNBAR/

Dunbar has made this happen

Forums still smell like bubble wrap

LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X