X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about time!

We've had a long cold snap in the weather for a good portion of the country.

It's about time for the lies to come out about heating oil & natural gas shortages.

"We can't refine it. We can't distribute it. This broke. That broke. etc. etc."

J.C.

Re: It's about time!

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    We've had a long cold snap in the weather for a good portion of the country.

It's about time for the lies to come out about heating oil & natural gas shortages.

"We can't refine it. We can't distribute it. This broke. That broke. etc. etc."

J.C.
    I think they avoid making those claims during peak demands. When people need fuel to keep their heat going they are more inclined to sponsor investigations. For more profit and less risk investigations the summer is always a better time for things to 'break'

Comment

Last season I paid $4.00 a gallon for heating fuel, this season $2.40? Pride dropped by magic? Like "They" say, it is a very complicated thing to explain(the price). Probably something like decreased demand by china and india as we the consumers lose jobs and homes, and are forced to cutback.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Last season I paid $4.00 a gallon for heating fuel, this season $2.40? Pride dropped by magic? Like "They" say, it is a very complicated thing to explain(the price). Probably something like decreased demand by china and india as we the consumers lose jobs and homes, and are forced to cutback.
        Tell your elected officials that you refuse to drink the kool aid, and if they don't call out these obvious lines of total BS you are going to vote them out.

While you're at it, tell 'em that you don't want another nickel to go to the financial institutions and will vote 'em out unless they personally get involved in stopping that madness, too. The bankers get busted taking huge bonuses and sponsoring decadent outings for their executives, then they make up some nonsense explanation. Next, the geniuses in the government say, "oh, well, that makes sense". Well it doesn't make sense to me. Paulsen made no sense, Bernanke makes no sense, Geitner makes no sense... the whole lot of them. These are the same people that created the problem, why are We The People so easy to convince that bailing them all out is necessary to save us? I think it was necessary to save THEM - and if I was in their shoes I would make the same arguments. The finance people convince us to HAND THEM OUR MONEY, while we are unemployed, struggling, businesses failing... and then they charging 28% interest on credit cards while PAYING less than 1% on savings and 2% on long term CDs. Washington doesn't seem to see anything wrong with this picture. And are you aware that to this day essentially NO SIGNIFICANT REGULATION HAS BEEN IMPOSED ON THE FINANCIAL INDUSTRY? And no steps have been taken to do anything about the banks that are "too big to fail", either. But no one seems to give a d*** if YOU fail.

We all whine, meanwhile Washington and the marching army of lobbyists and special interests goes on its merry way, setting new records every day for corruption, as well as the rape and pillaging of the citizenry. The only hope we have is for sanity to re-emerge... in the voting booth.

Oil is particularly troubling. The middle east wars are not about terrorism or human rights. They are about oil. Exxon reports record profits every quarter and then tells us what a tough time they are having, while tens of thousands of lives end horribly. Our young people, and let's not forget that the enemy is a bunch of people that are not a hell of a lot different than we are. Not withstanding the fundamentalist loonies, of course.

What if the trillions spent on wars and banks and oil, was instead spent on developing viable, practical alternate energy? New nuclear plants with multiple independent safety systems? Re-industrialization and activities that create sustainable job growth? You probbaly want all those things. But Exxon doesn't really want them, do they? You'll notice whose getting their way. Ever wonder why you and I don't win at least some of the time??

Remember the movie "Network"?? "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this any more!"

Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
          Tell your elected officials that you refuse to drink the kool aid, and if they don't call out these obvious lines of total BS you are going to vote them out.

While you're at it, tell 'em that you don't want another nickel to go to the financial institutions and will vote 'em out unless they personally get involved in stopping that madness, too. The bankers get busted taking huge bonuses and sponsoring decadent outings for their executives, then they make up some nonsense explanation. Next, the geniuses in the government say, "oh, well, that makes sense". Well it doesn't make sense to me. Paulsen made no sense, Bernanke makes no sense, Geitner makes no sense... the whole lot of them. These are the same people that created the problem, why are We The People so easy to convince that bailing them all out is necessary to save us? I think it was necessary to save THEM - and if I was in their shoes I would make the same arguments. The finance people convince us to HAND THEM OUR MONEY, while we are unemployed, struggling, businesses failing... and then they charging 28% interest on credit cards while PAYING less than 1% on savings and 2% on long term CDs. Washington doesn't seem to see anything wrong with this picture. And are you aware that to this day essentially NO SIGNIFICANT REGULATION HAS BEEN IMPOSED ON THE FINANCIAL INDUSTRY? And no steps have been taken to do anything about the banks that are "too big to fail", either. But no one seems to give a d*** if YOU fail.

We all whine, meanwhile Washington and the marching army of lobbyists and special interests goes on its merry way, setting new records every day for corruption, as well as the rape and pillaging of the citizenry. The only hope we have is for sanity to re-emerge... in the voting booth.

Oil is particularly troubling. The middle east wars are not about terrorism or human rights. They are about oil. Exxon reports record profits every quarter and then tells us what a tough time they are having, while tens of thousands of lives end horribly. Our young people, and let's not forget that the enemy is a bunch of people that are not a hell of a lot different than we are. Not withstanding the fundamentalist loonies, of course.

What if the trillions spent on wars and banks and oil, was instead spent on developing viable, practical alternate energy? New nuclear plants with multiple independent safety systems? Re-industrialization and activities that create sustainable job growth? You probbaly want all those things. But Exxon doesn't really want them, do they? You'll notice whose getting their way. Ever wonder why you and I don't win at least some of the time??

Remember the movie "Network"?? "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this any more!"

Rant over.
          I made a New Year's resolution not to post on politics. so I won't repeat what I said over and over again last year. Suffice to to I'm mad as Hell. Good luck finding replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Good luck finding replacements.
            Agree that all the choices tend to be poor ones.

But even if we end up just replacing one loser with another, at least we can send the message to each individual elected official that they are accountable and that they can't just "park" in the house or senate. You get one term to get it done or you're out.

If you here something that goes against common sense, it's probably BS and the BSer needs to go. One strike.

We have no other lever.

Comment

Unfortunately, it seems likely that the supreme court will be ruling in favor of corporate personhood this spring.

The argument put forth by the corporations and unions is that they are entitled to first amendment rights, just like a person.

While campaign contributions are still going to be limited for everyone, corporations will be able to mount unchecked, sophisticated (expensive) campaigns of their own, either extolling the virtues of their preferred candidate or vilifying anyone they oppose.

We will be returning to the golden age of politics when we will have the senator from Exxon, the senator from General Dynamics, the senator from Ford and so on.

The country was sold a long, long time ago. While I may still get to visit my congressman, my opinion means nothing compared to AT&T expressing their desire to not fund an ad campaign for an opponent in the next election.

Comment

Working...
              X