Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite workwear or clothing brand?

as for boots. the best that i have found is hi tec altitude 4. they last about a year cost $70. i'm very weird when it comes to my foot wear! they have to supper comfortable and snug. as i'm on my feet all day.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I like the Dickie's double knee jeans myself. Workwear makes a good double knee as well. My girlfriend turned me on to shop at the goodwill and thrift stores for jeans and such. Also got my daughter hooked on the idea. She learned she can go to a normal store spend 40 bucks on one shirt or pants, but at a goodwill she can get 6 outfits for the same 40 bucks.

I did get a deal on some Dickie's at a truck stop before Christmas, 10 bucks a pair. I bought all 2 that where there in my size.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I just bought a new pair of redwing boots today they took 25 bucks off and they still cost 130. No problem I like to pay for quality especially when it's made in America. Got home just a few minutes ago and saw the boots were made in china. I hope the quality is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
          I just bought a new pair of redwing boots today they took 25 bucks off and they still cost 130. No problem I like to pay for quality especially when it's made in America. Got home just a few minutes ago and saw the boots were made in china. I hope the quality is still there.
          The boots that are 275 and up are still USA made by Redwing. I found that out last year.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            The boots that are 275 and up are still USA made by Redwing. I found that out last year.
            The ones I bought in March for $140 or so are USA. Its a shame, all kinds of stuff is changing in just the last few years. The Husky ratchet set I got for my wedding 5 years ago was USA, now all of them are China (Craftsman still has USA made ones as of a couple of months ago when I got one for my BIL). The cable ties I got at HD to put up my christmas lights last year were USA, now they are China. The patches for the knees from Wal-Mart used to be USA (within the last 3 years, when I bought the house) but now are China.

More on topic, the Gap carpenter Jeans are just crap. They are actually thinner than their regular jeans. I like the fit, and usually wear them to work (in an office job), and once they are getting a bit ragged or faded use them while working on the house, but the knees always give out really quick.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/MATTERHORN-COAL-...item3ca2a9781b I bought these Matterhorn boots a few years ago from this seller on eBay when he was clearing out certain sizes cheap(I am in no way affiliated with him, he was a good guy to do business with though) and they are an awesome boot that I use with the chainsaw, snowblower, any time foot protection is needed. With the Gore-Tex insulation, I wear them year round and am comfortable, although it would be too heavy a pair to wear as an every day boot.

I notice the guy has a paver boot that looks like a good all around, every day work boot and is made in the USA, so it might be worth checking out.

The only other regular work wear type stuff I use is Mechanix gloves which I buy in 10 pair lots on eBay. I find that I go through almost that many in the run of a year doing odd jobs around the house, mowing, demo, etc. Then again, the eBay lots might be rejects, I dunno.

Regardless, most times you gotta pay more to get a better product. In my experience, Gore-Tex and Vibram sole cost more whether it's a work boot or pleasure boot. But the comfort and weather-proofness(adding to comfort) is worth it for me.
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Working...
              X