Generous Countries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Generous Countries

[QUOTE=Frankiarmz;274316]Mack, I tried to give the haters a chance to say something nice about the USA, but it just has not happened.

Frank

I take offense at your glib statment that I am an American HATER because I have an opinion and don`t agree with you well sometimes I will and others I won`t thats what freedom of speech is all about and having that chip on your shoulders not being able to take criticism must wear you down.

Tony

Comment

[QUOTE=AFM;274456]
      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Mack, I tried to give the haters a chance to say something nice about the USA, but it just has not happened.

Frank

I take offense at your glib statment that I am an American HATER because I have an opinion and don`t agree with you well sometimes I will and others I won`t thats what freedom of speech is all about and having that chip on your shoulders not being able to take criticism must wear you down.

Tony
      Tony, I agree that we don't have to agree. I am proud to debate or argue our different views on this forum. I can take critism and I can give it, I know that my opinions are just that. I have concluded that there are some folks who post here, that do seem to hate the USA, they are extremely critical of our history, politics and never say anything nice. I am critical of my country and I have been ashamed of some past and present behavior, that goes for our political system too. I don't have that party loyalty, so now that I criticize the present administration I see how upset some past supporters can be. Tony, I don't know you well enough to know if you hate America. I gather from some of your posts that as an observer, you are critical and that's your position. I felt this was a topic of interest and an opportunity for those who have been outspoken to say something nice for a change. I can't force you or anyone else to offer a compliment, but if you respect my right to speak, then I can ask in general. I'd like to see this back and forth end with both of us speaking our minds without getting upset. I write about things I hear on the news and read about. I know Americans are dying to protect my freedoms and Americans are experiencing difficult financial times. Personally, I am lucky to be keeping my head above water, no thanks to our dysfunctional politics. Now do you still think I'm singling you out as a hater, or are you upset over my comment about tough lamb? Try to lighten up Tony, you and me and Mack can disagree and still sleep at night with full bellies. Let's all pray for those not so fortunate.

Comment

Frank

Just promise me you don`t bring up lamb again and we will be OK

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          Frank

Just promise me you don`t bring up lamb again and we will be OK

Tony
          That's a deal Tony. I'll never mention the "L" word again.

Comment

[QUOTE=Frankiarmz;274459]
            Originally posted by AFM View Post

I have concluded that there are some folks who post here, that do seem to hate the USA, they are extremely critical of our history, politics and never say anything nice.
            Who could these persons be?

I don't think I would qualify as a Sean Hannity's Great American. But then again if Hannity's American is the standard by which we measure patriots, I indeed fall short.

I, like most folks, am very unhappy with the state of our government. The only real difference between me and the tea baggers is that I'm willing to back date the outrage to around 1981, whereas the oil barrens that started up the astroturf group are unwilling or unable to look back past Jan 21, 2009.

And no one has ever been able to provide a definition of teabagger. Curious.

Franki- I do hope you heard president Obamas remarks he shared from his conversation with the president of Haiti. I believe he said something along the lines of "Tell the American people, that from the bottom of my heart, and my nations heart, thank you, thank you, thank you".
            Last edited by SpiffPeters; 01-16-2010, 11:08 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=SpiffPeters;274515]
              Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post

Who could these persons be?

I don't think I would qualify as a Sean Hannity's Great American. But then again if Hannity's American is the standard by which we measure patriots, I indeed fall short.

I, like most folks, am very unhappy with the state of our government. The only real difference between me and the tea baggers is that I'm willing to back date the outrage to around 1981, whereas the oil barrens that started up the astroturf group are unwilling or unable to look back past Jan 21, 2009.

And no one has ever been able to provide a definition of teabagger. Curious.

Franki- I do hope you heard president Obamas remarks he shared from his conversation with the president of Haiti. I believe he said something along the lines of "Tell the American people, that from the bottom of my heart, and my nations heart, thank you, thank you, thank you".
              I think Hannity is about as unAmerican as a person can be, he is against free speech unless it fits his definition. He is a hypocrite when he called for respect towards then President Bush, but hurls insults at President Obama. I have no problem with a person speaking their mind, it's a healthy thing for democracy, but I reserve the right to disagree. I also think once in a while to break the boredom of finding fault with America, it would be refreshing if the "haters" said something nice. All that's just my opinion, I am not in charge of a dam thing except my thoughts. I also don't like when folks denounce the likes of a hannity, and then try to gag opossing views. The forum is open, we should be able to disagree. I will not comment on President Obama or politics, but I will talk about my country and things like the economy and other topics of national interest. We share a dissatisfaction with the government, mine predates yours.

Comment

Sorry Franki, I'm not the rah rah rah kind of patriot. We have different ideas for sure. I've never stifled anyone from speaking their mind. Matter of fact, it seems to me that one guy in particular often resorts to derogatory or personal remarks which then gets the thread closed. And it ain't me doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                  Sorry Franki, I'm not the rah rah rah kind of patriot. We have different ideas for sure. I've never stifled anyone from speaking their mind. Matter of fact, it seems to me that one guy in particular often resorts to derogatory or personal remarks which then gets the thread closed. And it ain't me doing that.
                  Nothing to be sorry about, I'm not a rah rah kind of guy myself. I often have pointed out deficits and embarassments, but I do think there are times that warrant praise. That's probably one place we differ?I suggest if you are having a problem with one person crossing the line, don't engage if things get heated. Mark and Josh, keep an eye on things, that's why this forum is so unique. Very rarely has it broken down to profanity or threats, insults yes.

Comment

It weren't that long ago that we had a moratorium on political threads.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X