Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please read RE:me

Gene,

Take it day by day, it's going to be tough I'm sure. But you have your family and friends and together you can do this! You have already displayed the wisdom, and I pray that God grant you strength and guidance to get over this hurdle.

Kindest regards,

CWS

Comment

Hey all Prayers for Gene and his family.

Comment

Hang in there Gene. The next few weeks will be the hardest but once you get past them it will get easier. Most of all, you must be strong, not only for your family but most of all for yourself. My prayers are with you.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

positive thoughts & Caribbean mojo headed your way

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Hey Gene, I think it's living in Maine Anyhoo.... keep the faith.
            sigpic

Comment

Good luck Gene. It takes strength to admit you were on the wrong path. Thanks for sharing.

josh

Comment

Hey buddy, Hang in there you can do it. Be strong for your family. We have faith in you Gene your part of the Ridgid forum family and were here for you. I don't know you to much but I do know were both in the same business and makes us all brothers in way.
                Rod
                MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                http://unclognh.com
                http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Gene, the hardest part is admitting you have a problem.

It can only get easier from now on.
                  I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

WOW! THANK-YOU everyone for the kind words and encouragement.

We never did make it an AA meeting do to the snow. My buddy picked me up at 10pm and we talked till 2am. Then his boss called at 4:30am. Time to plow. I didn't sleep a wink in that 2 1/2 hrs with a thousand things on my mind. We ended up plowing until 7 last night. Then he ended up going back in early this AM to do clean up and now it's snowing again so he'll be out all day today too. Man I don't miss that!

Fortunately its a company I worked for as a Pipelayer and they have wanted me back for years so they have no problem with me going in just to hang out. So if I have the need for a baby sitter or just need to talk....

And tonight I have a scheduled night job at a hospital that can't be bumped. So the plan is wed night for an AA meeting.
                    Honestly from talking with him, I'm not so sure AA is something I'll be into, but I'm still going to check it out.

So far quiting has not been a problem but man am I ever craving the sugar. I forgot how good chocolate ice cream taste.

I think the crutch of my problem is depression. Things have been pretty rough financially lately and Christmas just got me to the point of giving up, but I'm back now! I've dug my heels in, rolled up my sleeves, and pulled up every ounce of Irish pride in my blood. I'm ready to fight!

I've reset my goals and priorities and see light at the end of the tunnel. I'ts going to be one he11 of a fight but now I'm ready for round after round.

Why am I sharing all this? Holy cow, I better stop before I end up owing all of you a therapy bill.

Anyway I truly thank every one of you for your support and kind words.
                    When I made my OP I was at my darkest hour so to speak. I think I made it so I would be held accountable to as many people as possible.
                    I wasn't expecting a response like that. THANK-YOU!
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post

So far quiting has not been a problem but man am I ever craving the sugar. I forgot how good chocolate ice cream taste.
                      gene, it's never to late to make a k-60 shake

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Gene this is Huge.

I'm so happy to see another cut that B!TCH off!!!
                        Sometimes she gets out of control.

I have the valleys mens stag AA meeting monday nights next door to the house every monday night.Last night I had to unlock the building to get them out of the weather.

These are not the "Unicorn and Fairy Dust" coed groups.These guys are the homeless tattooed felons still on parole for assault and B&E's to sustain their vise(exaggerated).
                        Still hardcore guys not afraid to realize the companionship of the group and willingness to let others help...Good guys.

I visit with them a few mondays a year.Got some good friends inside.Been enough for me.
                        Girlfriend used to go 5-7 times a week to hers when we quit together.
                        I was lucky,the county jail put me up for 60 days to assist me(7th arrest).
                        Got 4 years sober now.
                        Used to be homeless sleeping in the truck stinkin' like azz just so I could drink.

Life is awesome.
                        Thank-You God

Whatever happens Gene...Your family and we care.
                        Give yourself a wide birth during these times.
                        Go easy and check you PM

ADAM

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          Gene this is Huge.

I have the valleys mens stag AA meeting monday nights next door to the house every monday night.Last night I had to unlock the building to get them out of the weather.

These are not the "Unicorn and Fairy Dust" coed groups.These guys are the homeless tattooed felons still on parole for assault and B&E's to sustain their vise(exaggerated).
                          Still hardcore guys not afraid to realize the companionship of the group and willingness to let others help...Good guys.

I visit with them a few mondays a year.Got some good friends inside.Been enough for me.
                          Got 4 years sober now.
                          Used to be homeless sleeping in the truck stinkin' like azz just so I could drink.

Life is awesome.
                          Thank-You God

Go easy and check you PM

ADAM
                          Great post Adam. This has got to be one of the best Forums on the Internet. Hard working folks sharing the good, bad and ugly times in life.

Comment

Hang in there buddy. And please make a few of those meetings. Even if all they say is not your cup of tea, the message is that you have friends and others that will stick with you, be there when you need a boost, and have been there too. And if you fall, will be there to help you pick yourself up again.

Bottom line, its easier if you have some compadres to go up the road to the future with you.

Go
                            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              Gene this is Huge.

Got 4 years sober now.

Life is awesome.
                              Thank-You God

Go easy and check you PM

ADAM
                              You learn something new everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                                You learn something new everyday.
                                Isn't it great?
                                Little spice to add character.

So much more to life than what's on the surface of an image or a first impression.

You scared now.

Comment

Working...
                                X