X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please read RE:me

Please disregard any posts I have made in the last 6 months.
    Chances are if it was past 11;00am I was drunk when I made it.

I've always liked to drink, but for some reason lately it has consumed me.
    I've been feeling down about a lot of things in life lately and consuming mass quantities of alcohol has done nothing more then add fuel to the fire.
    For the past few months I have been nothing more than a shell of myself.
    It's been effecting me for quite some time now, but tonight I found out it is effecting my family.
    The sight of my daughter in tears slapped me back to reality. It's time to stop. I'm done.
    I called one of my best friends (pretty much a brother) and he will be here at 10:00. He is taking me plowing and then I will spend the night at his house. In the a.m. he is taking me to his AA friends.
    I wanted it to be tomorrow but on his advice it's now and he's right. My daughter and I had a nice talk and dumped the rest of my beer down the drain.

For the first time in months I feel positive. It's time I take control of my life again.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Re: Please read RE:me

Best wishes Gene.

Comment

Good luck Gene. Family is all that counts. I quit around 26 Years ago. I never went to a meeting myself. Everybody is different. My Brother is very active in AA. They help a lot of folks. Tool
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

hang in there Gene you need to do this for you and your family

my dad drank a lot and it was not nice to see and thats why i will never have more then maybe 1 beer a month

you can do it and we are all here to push you through it
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Gene I wish you the best, thankfully I have never had a drinking problem, mine was of a differant posion, thanks to my departed wife she made me clean that part of my life up before we wed.

Best thing I have ever done. You do have a hard life in front you but you need to belive in your self and with that you will do just fine, and remember in your weak moments talk to a friend, get online and research something, go to the shop and build something, just stay on the positive side.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Good for you Gene! You can meet this challenge and overcome it! We're here for you if you need it. I'm proud of you for taking the first step.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              Please disregard any posts I have made in the last 6 months.
              Chances are if it was past 11;00am I was drunk when I made it.

I've always liked to drink, but for some reason lately it has consumed me.
              I've been feeling down about a lot of things in life lately and consuming mass quantities of alcohol has done nothing more then add fuel to the fire.
              For the past few months I have been nothing more than a shell of myself.
              It's been effecting me for quite some time now, but tonight I found out it is effecting my family.
              The sight of my daughter in tears slapped me back to reality. It's time to stop. I'm done.
              I called one of my best friends (pretty much a brother) and he will be here at 10:00. He is taking me plowing and then I will spend the night at his house. In the a.m. he is taking me to his AA friends.
              I wanted it to be tomorrow but on his advice it's now and he's right. My daughter and I had a nice talk and dumped the rest of my beer down the drain.

For the first time in months I feel positive. It's time I take control of my life again.
              You aren't the only one bud, if you have noticed the typical tone and context of anything I have posted, AND at around the same time of night you have mentioned. Unfortunately, I come home to an empty house, where the only company I get after work is Sam Adams.

Comment

Gene, I wish you the best. Takes a lot of strength and determination to face your demons. Stick with the good folks at AA, one day at a time! Don't forget everyone here, myself included if you feel like talking. Frank.

Comment

Good luck Gene.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Good luck Gene. One day at a time.

Comment

Gene Best of luck, and I am glad you realized your problem before things got any worse.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Good luck Gene

Rich

Comment

gene, drinking and edith, don't mix

drinking cost you money and edith makes you money

you're making the right choice

edith is similar to my timberwolf, that gene indroduced us too

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Good luck Gene
                            ________
                            N engine
                            Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:34 PM.
                            Mike

Comment

Best of luck. No matter what happens just know that tomorrow can be better than today but it's up to you to make that happen.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X