X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massachusetts Senate Race

Most of you guys don't get much for news on this other than what the networks are reporting but I have to tell you, I have never seen a dirtier campaign waged by anyone that is as downright nasty as what Martha Coakley is waging. Talk about desperate. She must have spent a god knows how many million in the last week. It's about every 5 minutes on all the cable channels around here. And, it's backfiring on her to boot. Since Obama's visit yesterday she's dropped another 2 points in the local polls. Can you say "referendum"
    sigpic

Re: Massachusetts Senate Race

Don't get me started.
    I remember one nasty salvo of attack ads by Coakley, were the one for Brown came immediately afterwards. Here is what he should have said:

"Man, what a *****!"

If he had said that right after, he would have gained ten thousand votes instantly.

Comment

I would comment, but there is a gag order in place.

J.C.

Comment

I can't comment on these events.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
          Don't get me started.
          I remember one nasty salvo of attack ads by Coakley, were the one for Brown came immediately afterwards. Here is what he should have said:

"Man, what a *****!"

If he had said that right after, he would have gained ten thousand votes instantly.
          I think some of those ad's are going to be famous in years to come. Have you noticed that Brown has not run one single attack ad? Classy guy.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            I think some of those ad's are going to be famous in years to come. Have you noticed that Brown has not run one single attack ad? Classy guy.

My mailbox has been stuffed with attack ad posters as well.

One such poster had the UPS theme:
            "What can Brown do for you?"

I almost wish I still had it, I would have scanned it in and show you guys.

Comment

Here it is, I found it.

Well, I'm not the one that scanned it in, but someone like minded did:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_A24UZctD--...Mailer+UPS.jpg

Comment

The democrats screwed up this race from the beginning. Coakley's campaign is desperate at this point. It wasn't till two weeks before the election the democrats acknowledged Brown as a challenger. Now they are finally willing to compete with browns funding. Too little, too late now in my opinion.

Coakley was my DA for a number of years then my attorney general and has been excellent in those positions. I am a registered independent and I will be voting for her.

If she loses I hope she just goes back to doing the jobs she's been good at. Political campaigns obviously aren't her thing so maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Comment

Who we need is Jane Swift back in office. Giving those mafiouso's , excuse me, MassPike - Mass highway executives, the boot was a good first step. They all need to be fired.

Comment

The Democrats are doing everything they can to get Coakley elected. Obama needs her so he can still hold the Senate and get his health care plan passed. All I know is that if I could cast my vote it would have to be for Brown just to have the split that you need in Washington. It's not good for the people to have one party with all the power
                    Mike

Comment

Guys... i think parts of this are a great discussion but parts of it are a bit negative... In the spirit of trying to minimize the negative political discussion lets shelf this one for now. Feel free to PM whatever you want regarding this. Lets just try to keep the discussion of straight up politics down until everything starts cooling off politically.

Comment

Working...
                      X