Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds biggest cruise ship

Was in town today

I was on the dock today and took a few pics but this ship is just too big for pics when you are next to it
    Last edited by IamVince; 01-19-2010, 06:27 PM. Reason: oops pics are alittle too big sorry(new imageshack format)

Re: Worlds biggest cruise ship

well you get the Idea ...its big

Comment

That's a really big pic!

The ship is pretty big too.

I read an article on it a month ago with a number of pics. Its very impressive and the inside is pretty dam cool.

It's unfortunate these big apartment complex looking ships are the way forward for cruise ships. I like the old classic looking boats, but money is the driving force behind these things. From a consumer view the uglies are the boat of choice they have more stuff, better bargains and better views.

Part of the fun of cruising is being able to take in the views which includes other ships. Now more and more that includes these ugly looking ones. Kinda wish they could come up with a way to subsidize the less profitable nicer looking ships so we could keep them in the picture.

Comment

I wanna see desalination, engine room and some plumbing. What a beast!

Comment

Man, that thing just screams out that it's a top-heavy beast. I'd hate to see how it would handle a storm. (Yes, yes, I know how it has all the technical stuff to help it avoid a storm in the first plact, but you know what I mean).

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
            Man, that thing just screams out that it's a top-heavy beast. I'd hate to see how it would handle a storm. (Yes, yes, I know how it has all the technical stuff to help it avoid a storm in the first plact, but you know what I mean).
            A huge area on the inside is open space, so it is much less top heavy then it's outside appearance would make one believe. It is like two apartment buildings with a road down the middle. The design is to maximize balcony suites both overlooking the ocean and the extravagant inside of the ship.

Comment

Have you guys heard of the cruise ship that can hold, I don't know 4-5k people? but it only takes on 1,800 people? It is meant to be a sailing condominium. The people own their condo and the ship just cruises all the ports with something going on.
              The comment about being top-heavy, I agree, reminds me of that '70's? song where they forgot to put in the ballast. Man I wish I could remember the name of that one!! Oh well, Great pictures!!!
              God Bless You Super Good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by davevb View Post
                The comment about being top-heavy, I agree, reminds me of that '70's? song where they forgot to put in the ballast. Man I wish I could remember the name of that one!! Oh well, Great pictures!!!
                Do you mean, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", by Gordon Lightfoot? Great song.

Comment

That ship is supposed to carry 6,000 passengers. When I cruse I want to get away, not join up with a mob.

Comment

Working...
                  X