Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: whats for dinner?

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
    Lucky you. My male "gland" seems to have shrunk.
    I think you mean organ

Comment

Can we get back to food, please no more glands, organs or fingers in dark places.

Comment

Maybe O S C would like a good bowl of "Hush Hound" for breakfast with low or no fat milk. Fruit and Vegies should help too. Try to go baked or grilled for lean meats rather than fried if you can. If you want something quick when you're out, check the menu at fast food places. I'll take a salad or baked potato at Wendy's over fries anytime. At Chic-Fil-A and Wendy's the grilled rather than batter fried chicken sandwich is pretty good.

It's hard for us single guys to cook up much at home. I do check out frozen dinners at the market that can be cooked up in a microwave oven. Some are much better than most fast/junk food. Also, think about subs made with turkey and wheat or multi grain bread and be sure to leave off the mayo. A little mustard can sometimes replace the mayo.

Hint: Some places have low fat mayo.

Do try to stay away from Soda Pop. It's addictive and all that sugar and carbonic acid = Messed up guts

Hush Hound - It's a nice bowl of old fashion oat meal with small pieces of several different kinds of fruit added and some low fat milk on it. If you want to make it sweet, try some clover honey in place of sugar and for a fun little kick sprinkle on some powered cinnamon. The fun part is you make it up your way as you like it.
        Last edited by Woussko; 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
          If you want to make it sweet, try some clover honey in place of sugar and for a fun little kick sprinkle on some powered cinnamon. The fun part is you make it up your way as you like it.
          Is that supposed to be "powdered"?

Or is there a special super-duper-powered spice out there? Will it make me leap over buildings in a single bound?

Comment

My dinner is usually one of three things:

1. That sandwich I forgotten to bring for lunch break.

2. Spagetti with meat sause

3. A can of dinty moore beef stew.

Comment

Baked fish by means of a convection oven, along with spicy rice.

I burped and instantly; hungry.

What's the damn point of eating if you can't stay full for more than 30 minutes???
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Man, what is with you guys? Cooking tasty, satisfying meals does not have to take a lot of effort, or time. I cook roast beef, pork, chicken, chinese food, italian food, all sorts of stuff on the grill. I cook for my wife and daughter, but when I'm alone I still cook for myself. I'm not living on the high fat, high salt, excuse for a meal from a drive thru. Come on, go shopping and give it a try. Many good Internet sites for advice.

Comment

i try to avoid soda. Somehow I still average about a 2 liter a week. which is not bad. I mainly stick to Coffee and bottled water. I do have a beer or 2 at night. I stopped all the sweets. I have also begain to eat the proper sized portions. I went from 310 lbs at the start of this month. To 293 right now.

I cook all my own food for dinner. usually chicken or beef with Fish once a week.

One good tip is to bake most of your meats. This is a lot healthier than frying.
                  Also try not to get hungry. When you are hungry people tend to over eat. I usually eat a few small meals a day. a small piece of turkey on a piece of rye bread will keep you full for a few hours.
                  Man all this talking about food makes me hungry.

Comment

Best cooking website I've found. http://allrecipes.com/
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks ben, good site, I will get a better chance to look at it this week. Any reconmondtions?
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Fresh Italian bread from Bakery. Angle hair Pasta, Newmans tomato sauce, shrimp, non alcoholic beer, Movie, and the Bride
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I don't know but if Plumber Rick would call Brenda and I would take him to dinner tonight. His last job is only about 3-miles from the house.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

tonight we had grilled chicken breasts with a creole sauce (easy to make), rice w/red tabasco, olive oil sauteed squash w/garlic & onions, and tomatoes/lettuce from the garden. desert was fresh carambola (starfruit) from our tree in front

it was supposed to be fresh mahi but my friend's boat was having issues and they did not fish last night or today.

esting good and healthy is not that difficult. once you decide NO ONE deserves a great meal other that yourself then 1/2 the battle is won.

if you want/need recipes PM or e-mail me. i'll try tp put you on the right path

steve
                            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                              Is that supposed to be "powdered"?

Or is there a special super-duper-powered spice out there? Will it make me leap over buildings in a single bound?

Think of ground up like powder
                              Last edited by Woussko; 01-23-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                                Thanks ben, good site, I will get a better chance to look at it this week. Any reconmondtions?
                                Not really, most recipes are good. Also read the comments if time warrants because many people put their alternative ingrediants.
                                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X