X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats for dinner?

Being single I can't say my deit is great, or even good. And knowing this I would like to shead some weight and get my blood pressure back down. Its not to high but its high enough at 95/140 and looking back at this past weeks dinners this might be why, pizza and pop, bacon chesse buger sub and fries with a pop, fried chicken strips from kfc with yet another pop, and last night mac and chesse and another pop.

So I fugure we all could help each other out and post what you have that is heathy and recipes that taste good and are easy to make. I don't mind cooking I just don't really know what to cook, since my wife pasted I have put on almost 90 lbs, so it is easy to see I am not eating the right things.

Pop has always been a weakness for me, I have been tring to switch other things but seems every thing I try is just as bad or worse for me, what gives?
    9/11/01, never forget.

Re: whats for dinner?

Sorry to hear of your wife passing.

No need to seek an answer here, my wife is a good old fashioned country cook. Last night was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn, beans, yeast rolls, milk.

With work slow here also, I have put on a few pounds.

Pop is not in my diet, can not handle them, make mw sweat up a storm in the summer. Water, sweet tea, water, milk, gaterade, and water is about all I will drink.

Good luck with it, goes on easier than it comes off.

G3

Comment

It's a life style.

Comment

does this help you any?

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=plumbers+diet

post #2

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Your a cruel mean man rick, mean I say.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

don't worry, you're not alone

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19736

just think, joeys going out of town again and i'm going shopping to costco

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Hi Old Chevy,

Sorry to hear about your wife,

I enjoy grilled chicken wings, pizza (4 food groups) and also diet soda.

I also recommend grilling as much as you can (BBQ)
              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Depends on how much time you have and if you are willing to do some prep work. Roast chicken pieces in a pan with white& sweet potatoes takes a couple hours, but you can eat it for dinner and then again for lunch or heated up the next night. I buy boneless chicken breast, bash them with a mallet to flatten them and then after seasoning with garlic powder, ginger powder and teriaki sauce, I grill them. Great hot off the grill or cut up in a salad.
                You don't have to scrimp on good food and healthy variety because you are cooking for one. Grill a piece of london broil and force yourself to eat a vegtable or salad with it, any leftover meat can be thin sliced on a sandwich or salad. You are actually spending a lot more on prepared food and the salt content is jacking your blood pressure. Get a piece of salmon, sprinke some butter and dill weed on it and broil it till cooked, not difficult and really good for you.
                Cooking is not hard, takes some practice. I think of it as building a model I can eat. I have health probelms that prevent me from eating a lot of fruits and vegtables, but if you have no excuse, add them to your diet.
                Pick up a good jar of prepared tomato sauce. Cook up some whole wheat pasta and cover with the sauce. You can make your own meatballs, it's simple. A bag of frozen shrimp can go a long way when added to pasta or rice. Have fun with it and get healthy.
                Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-21-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Plenty of fruits and vegetables, no sodas, only RO filtered water and coffee, limit the carbs, lots of fiber, and a shot or two of tequila. For medicinal purposes only

BP 120/70, lost 22 lbs in two years @55 I feel great, except for my enlarged male gland.

James

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                    I feel great, except for my enlarged male gland.
                    Lucky you. My male "gland" seems to have shrunk.

Comment

Plenty of lead in the pencil, nobody to write to.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                        Lucky you. My male "gland" seems to have shrunk.
                        I think you're thinking of the wrong "gland".

Comment

Funny you should mention it. My wife and I were in a bar the other day when we over heard these guys talking about scratching there a.s and sniffing there fingers and I thought Hmm. I should get my prostate checked.

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
                            Funny you should mention it. My wife and I were in a bar the other day when we over heard these guys talking about scratching there a.s and sniffing there fingers and I thought Hmm. I should get my prostate checked.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X