Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Katrina trailers, where are they?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Katrina trailers, where are they?????

I imagine the formaldehyde trailers are being stored at great expense to us tax payers.

How about cleaning them up and helping the poor souls in Haiti ??
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: The Katrina trailers, where are they?????

I think that is a great idea!!! Gut the bad stuff, reinsulate and donate something really useful. Brilliant. Hope there are plans to do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      I imagine the formaldehyde trailers are being stored at great expense to us tax payers.

How about cleaning them up and helping the poor souls in Haiti ??
      They are in Arkansas. Oh, and here is a good one. Not only did our taxes pay for them, they still as empty today as they were when they were deployed, AND we had to pay an additional 1.5 million dollars to install stone underneath them to stablise the the base of each one so they won't sink into the ground!

Don't take my word for it, look it up yourself!

Comment

I just know us , hands on Guys in the trenches, could fix them. Maybe outside round louvered vents in the siding, rip out carpet,if that was outgasing. convert some into portable toilets,and showers. The sea bees would have it done fast! Who knows a congressman
        Or senator ?? We could call it operation Ridgid. Hey Ben ,You there?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

A guy was selling them here in Maine awhile ago.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Hope Arkansas has a few

http://www.governmentauctions.org/fematrailers.asp

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
              Thanks James,and WOW ! Fema spent 2.5 Billion dollars for 150,000 trailers ,campers and mobile homes. There on sale again as scrap!! Check the web site James gave Us.
              What a great country!

Comment

There are a ton of them on ebay.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from...tream+Cavalier+

I think they are a great deal if you have a place to park 10 or so you'd have a compete campround for well under $100,000.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Imagine how many vehicles could have been donated if they were not destroyed under the "Cash for Clunkers" program?

Comment

personally, the trailers are OK but by the time there loaded refurbished, and shipped and delivered to government specifications it would cost the tax payer another small fortune.

I think if they made a "kit". and use shipping containers,
                    by kit a weld in door and frame, a few windows, and possibly a couple of dividing walls so bed rooms could be put on each end, (I do not know what there sanitation situation is), but if sewers and water are available then some type of bath room, if not for every X number of units set up a shower house with some type of latrine in it,

then hire some of the Haitians to do the work conversion work, supply shovels and picks and sledges, and wheel barrows, for crew to work on clean up, and train some set up crews, they would be earth quake proof for all practical purposes, and soon aid should be arriving by them any way, if the kits were done right, every so many with supply's that came in one could be filled with "kits" for conversion of the other shipping containers,

they need some type of jobs and housing besides food and medicine, and for the most part were going to pay for the major share of it any way, this effort will be meaused in the years not months,
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                      personally, the trailers are OK but by the time there loaded refurbished, and shipped and delivered to government specifications it would cost the tax payer another small fortune.

I think if they made a "kit". and use shipping containers,
                      by kit a weld in door and frame, a few windows, and possibly a couple of dividing walls so bed rooms could be put on each end, (I do not know what there sanitation situation is), but if sewers and water are available then some type of bath room, if not for every X number of units set up a shower house with some type of latrine in it,

then hire some of the Haitians to do the work conversion work, supply shovels and picks and sledges, and wheel barrows, for crew to work on clean up, and train some set up crews, they would be earth quake proof for all practical purposes, and soon aid should be arriving by them any way, if the kits were done right, every so many with supply's that came in one could be filled with "kits" for conversion of the other shipping containers,

they need some type of jobs and housing besides food and medicine, and for the most part were going to pay for the major share of it any way, this effort will be meaused in the years not months,
                      You have great ideas,they need folks like You to organize.

Comment

Working...
                      X