Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Frankiarmz

http://www.bornagainamerican.org/index.html
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: For Frankiarmz

Nice video Mark. I may be taking a step back from posting about politics here, but I am very vocal at home. I recently wrote my democratic congressman a very stongly worded letter. I just submitted a letter to my local newspaper which I'm sure they will print. I commented that our local legislators are trying to cutback and borrow their way out of economic failure, and in my opinion the solution must come from washington in the form of specific legislation aimed at rebuilding our manufacturing base.
    I can't buy American if it's not made here. I am forced to support and strengthen a brutal communist country as well as many corrupt governments of the third world, through my consumer spending.
    Personal financial responsibility is only part of what our country needs to get back on it's feet. We need the determination and action of our elected officials. We need them to set aside their own agenda and do what is necessary for America. Healthcare and global warming issues, will not save us from the brink of economic collapse in my opinion.
    Some folks may take my words as political in nature, but I consider them a a message on National security.

Comment

I was hoping this was not too political. It really is not about religion, race or party it is about America.

Mark

BTW: It ruined Brenda's makeup as she walked out the door to church.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

We're not alone.

Yesterday there was a news item on one of the TV news channels about the rising influence of people that are registered as independents. I take this as meaning that more and more people are coming to feel that neither political party behaves in their best interest.

It may seem overwhelming to turn the tide. Americans have succeeded in doing very many difficult things throughout our history that seemed overhwelming. I think we can do this, but it has to be from the bottom up. The people at the top created the problem, by spinning the truth and promoting self-serving nonsense that became policy, law, action and in many cases inaction. They are not your friend, they are looking out for their own interests. Time to recognize that, and also that the values that built the US in the first place - hard work, innovation, facing challenges and competition head-on, and even more hard work - are the only ones that will succeed. No "service economy" BS or government handout program will get it done.

I do worry about a nation where everyone knows what is up with Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno but most HS students can't find Washington D.C. on a map. Yet another example of an educational problem that has been over-talked but still needs some serious fixing.

Sorry if my political tone upsets anyone. But our jobs, families and futures hinge on politics, whether we find the discussion distasteful or not. I can't imagine Jefferson or Franklin thinking that political discourse should be avoided... they would probably see that as a big part of the problem...

Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

Working...
        X