Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sling shots

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Used to love slingshots... until I used one and pulled it back to far. Nice welt on my face after the band snapped
    LOL. Been there, done that.

Comment

With Slingshot in hand, Steppenwolf's Born To Be Wild blasting on the boombox. I thought I might be able to help you with the Martinis

BTW. Cats are attracted by Laserlight, it wouldn't be fair to lure them in and then clobber them with a rock. Hopefully, you might consider slinging a softer projectile at the wild beasts.
      Attached Files

Comment

I used to have a similar issue in a 4-plex apartment that I lived at with some buddies about 10 years ago. Since you can get in big trouble (animal abuse) with even using a slingshot to hit the cats with stones or marbles or even BB's, we used a novel idea - paintball ammo. We would use the most bright and multicoloured paintball pellets/balls that we could get our hands on. We used to have these 3 male cats that thought that our front step was their personal stage for tomcat fights, and/or dirty kitty gang bangs. And...usually at 3, 4 or 5 am. Not very nice.

So, me and one of my two roomates both went out, and we bought a Crossman Elite (?) slingshot - all black, with the "high performance" orange elastic, and with a forearm brace. Cost about thirty bucks or so. And, using the paintball ammo, I could hit the fire hydrant in the center of the cresent boulevard from about 40 yards away.

So, when these kitties started getting pelted and coloured by paintball ammo, they would then no less go back home with a multicoloured hue. They disappeared for a few days (no doubt to give their owners the time to wash them, and presumably their kitty doors and carpet and furniture too! ), and then came back twice more. We continued to "paint" them. Then, no more for the rest of the year. Same thing the following spring, and then no more after that. During that first spring, there were some nasty annonymous photocopied flyers distributed to everyone in a 10 block area or so, from angry catowners saying they would charge whoever was "abusing our family members". Someone laughably (and it actually wasn't us!) distributed a response flyer to the neighbourhood, praising whoever had used the ingenious way to get rid of the cats-marking-out-their-territory problem. Whoever sent out that flyer said that they were only a day or two away from throwing some of these cats into the river - so these owners better be happy that they just had to give the cats a kitty bath, and not a wake. "Make your cats your problem - not ours". I remember those days well. Loved it.

While I wouldn't recommend this route for anyone (borderline unlawful ).....it sure was fun and satisfying!!!

Comment

i had thought about the paintball ammo idea but i'd hate to get that on my white elastomeric coated roof or elsewhere for that matter.

i don't believe that popping a cat with a stone is considered abuse here. if i was going for maximum effect i'd use the steel ball or the glass ammo

i can picture myself in a version of Caddy Shack

i'm doing a bit more research and will probably order one friday.

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I don't condone popping a cat with a sling shot, but it sounds like your going to do it so here's some advice.

A cat is never going to associate getting popped with going in your yard, they are just not that smart. Although popping them my be entertaining to you, it will not deter them. At some point it will only frustrate you and increase your odds of an owner seeing you and popping you with a .357.

They can associate a sound with getting popped though. Rattle a wind chime or something then pop 'em. It may take a couple of times but eventually the cats will start to associate the sound with getting popped.
            Once they get the idea, hang the chime up and let the wind do the work.
            They may need a refresher course now and then.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Why not go to the root of the problem? Grab your neighbor and send him to turbin city. No need to hurt the cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Why not go to the root of the problem? Grab your neighbor and send him to turbin city. No need to hurt the cats.

Yeah, get to the root of the problem. Rattle the chime a few times then pop the neighbor. He'll get the idea a lot quicker then a cat.
                Just think, every time he blocks your driveway with his car or throws his grass clippings on your side, give your chimes a little shake and take aim. You'll have him trained in no time.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post

Yeah, get to the root of the problem. Rattle the chime a few times then pop the neighbor. He'll get the idea a lot quicker then a cat.
                  Just think, every time he blocks your driveway with his car or throws his grass clippings on your side, give your chimes a little shake and take aim. You'll have him trained in no time.
                  People want to do the right thing, sometimes they need a little push. Gag him and duct tape him to a chair and dump him in a swimming pool, give him a minute then pull him up. I'm sure he will quicky get rid of all those cats rather than take another chair dive.Remember to be polite

Comment

22 sub sonics works good for problem cats. No abuse, just dead.

James

Comment

M-80's, with an extra long wick/fuse, buried in a bowl of cat food.

Comment

Working...
                      X