X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sling shots

gonna get one to help eleviate a problem with neighbor's and feral cats plus deer that eat my fruit trees & cactus in the dry season.

they have come a long ways since i was a kid. even the Saunders Wrist Rocket is stoneage compared to some of the new ones

looking at this one gonna get one to help eleviate a problem with neighbor's and feral cats plus deer that eat my fruit trees & cactus in the dry season.

they have come a long ways since i was a kid. even the Saunders Wrist Rocket is stoneage compared to some of the new ones

looking at this one http://www.slingshotsusa.com/product...products_id=29

now if it had night vision

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: sling shots

I would get the Laser Slingshot Combo Pack if I were you Steve
    ________
    Rhode island dispensaries
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM.
    Mike

Comment

Growing up in NYC I couldn't get any cool stuff like slingshots, bb guns and when I got into martial arts, nunchucks. Now I can have all the weapons I want , but I don't have the heart to hurt animals. I'd still beat a neighbor senseless if necessary, but I can't hurt a squirrel or deer.

Comment

my neighbor has created a feral cat colony (mostly fixed but not all) plus the other ferals in the area. they run all over our roof day and night, crap all over the yard, and are a general nuisance. if it was up to me, and it's not, i'd take drastic measures and eradicate them. i figure if i pop them a few times they'll take a hint and go elsewhere. when it gets dry here the deer come out and eat anything edible. i had a $$$ mango tree eaten to the stump by deer, they eat our prickly pear cactus, bougainvillea, & have attacked the carambola tree.

shooting them is out of the question due to very strict shooting laws. besides i don't want to put my carry permit in jeopardy i just want them to live elsewhere

the laser sight is light years ahead of the simple shooters we had as kids. my 1st wrist rocket was in '65. what a vast improvement over a forked stick, some inner tube rubber, and a patch of leather

technology is a wonderful thing

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

No experience here, but I'm told that these work best at correcting their behavior. Cats & deer.

http://www.amazon.com/Contech-Electr.../dp/B000071NUS

J.C.

Comment

it'd probably take too many to cover the perimeter where as 1 $60 slingshot with a small rock should be a serious deterrent. BTW my lot measures 7/10s of an acre.

steve

Comment

and i can fix a picture of martinis and sit on my deck and pop them as they come out of the bush

steve

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                and i can fix a picture of martinis and sit on my deck and pop them as they come out of the bush

steve
                Ahhhh....therapy.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Ahhhh....therapy.

J.C.
                  when it's too cold to go diving you gotta do what you gotta do

and i know it's pitcher not picture what a doofus i am sometimes

Comment

when it's too cold to go diving you gotta do what you gotta do

and i know it's pitcher not picture what a doofus i am sometimes
                    I didn't even notice. Now I will turn on my "Hooked on Phonics" tape and put on the headphones.

J.C.

Comment

I didn't even notice. Now I will turn on my "Hooked on Phonics" tape and put on the headphones.

J.C.
                      may i recommend the Steppenwolf Gold (remastered) double CD instead?

steve

Comment

may i recommend the Steppenwolf Gold (remastered) double CD instead?

steve
                        Is OK. Hard for me to enjoy if I have the facts straight though. I recall the lead singer taking control of all royalties and basically having a "screw you" attitude toward the rest of the band.

Lately I'm listening too Ryan Bingham.

J.C.

Comment

Is OK. Hard for me to enjoy if I have the facts straight though. I recall the lead singer taking control of all royalties and basically having a "screw you" attitude toward the rest of the band.

Lately I'm listening too Ryan Bingham.

J.C.
                          wow, never knew that. i'll have to look it up. either way a great band (both live & in studio) and a killer CD set

steve

Comment

JC, wiki & a call to a friend that worked for Steppemwolf ('71-'73) does not support that Kay did anything about screwing anyone over royalties or anything.

from wiki, "After hearing of these other Steppenwolf incarnations, John Kay was furious since an original agreement among the band members in the early 70s stated that anyone leaving forfeited any rights on the group's name, while the last original members standing when the group disbanded (Kay and Jerry Edmonton) would have exclusive claims on the name hereafter. At their lawyers' advice, Kay and Edmonton agreed to license the name to the others. This licensing agreement stated that Goldy and Nick would have to give up their Steppenwolf record royalties forever in order to go forward. They both (perhaps unknowingly or not totally appreciating what they were giving up) agreed. Eventually, the agreement was terminated after promised fees were not paid to Kay and Edmonton. John Kay then took to the road in 1980 with a new lineup as John Kay & Steppenwolf to drive the competing groups off the road and out of business once and for all."

YMMV

steve

Comment

Used to love slingshots... until I used one and pulled it back to far. Nice welt on my face after the band snapped

Comment

Working...
                              X