X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i make this here in the U.S.A.

Since so many things here are made over seas I wanted to know what is still made here in the ole us of a, this should be of things you either know frist hand or know someone who make this.

I make plastic bags and sheething here in morristown tennesse, we also make those paper foor mats. And plastic seat covers that auto repair shops use to protect your car.

The company name is petosky plastics, there is the home factory in petosky mi, another plant in hartford id, and the plant I work at here in morristown tn.

Now you know atleast one thing that is made here in the US.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Re: i make this here in the U.S.A.

A few weeks ago Menards, a regional BORG type store, had a Made In USA sale. Their weekly flier, maybe 12-16 pages, featured only items that they sell that are made in this country. The products featured that week pretty much covered all of the different departments within the store from electrical, to wood. It was a pleasant surprise to see that they carry a very large inventory of different types of Made In USA products. Of course they also have their fare share of Made Elsewhere products but who doesn't?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Anything we would use and can buy?

Comment

Thanks for the post Chevy!

Soon, more and more products will be made in the USA,.

Have no fear! American Products are on there way back!
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Thanks for posting Chevy.

Someone here should start a poll thread to go along with this.
          Would you rather spend more $ for the exact same product made in USA?

Would you spend even more $ for the same product but made with better quality here in the USA?

Are you content with the way things are now: cheap goods at a cheap price made outside of the USA?

Something along the lines of that.
          I think we'll find the majority would rather buy USA even if it cost more and the quality is the same.

Of course we want better quality but if I were looking at 2 of the exact same product one made in china for $9.99 and the other made in USA for $13.99, I would go for the USA product.

And if were something I would use often or needed to rely on, ie:tools, I would be willing to spend even more for something made with quality in mind not price.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Thanks for posting Chevy.

Someone here should start a poll thread to go along with this.
            Would you rather spend more $ for the exact same product made in USA?

Would you spend even more $ for the same product but made with better quality here in the USA?

Are you content with the way things are now: cheap goods at a cheap price made outside of the USA?

Something along the lines of that.
            I think we'll find the majority would rather buy USA even if it cost more and the quality is the same.

Of course we want better quality but if I were looking at 2 of the exact same product one made in china for $9.99 and the other made in USA for $13.99, I would go for the USA product.

And if were something I would use often or needed to rely on, ie:tools, I would be willing to spend even more for something made with quality in mind not price.
            Gene, I don't want to rant again so I'll just say if folks considered the added cost of buying that cheaper product such as unemployment and so on, it's really not cheaper! Same goes for the day laborers(slave laborers), plenty of added expense at the back end.

Comment

Good point Frank. I agree.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I would pay more for sure, Because HANDMADE USA GOODS last longer then import crap.
                Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

Buckets are still made in the US. The homer buckets from home depot are made in Leominster, MA down the street from me. Same with the buckets for drywall mud, National Gypsum, US gypsum and Georgia Pacific, all of which make their drywall here too.

Anderson Windows subcontracts their manufacturing to businesses based off region. In the case of New England the windows are made by an American company Brockway Smith.

Comment

I worked for Dexter shoe for a short time.
                    Part of my job in the shipping dept was to take shoes out of cases with Chines writing all over them and put them in cases that said "made in the USA".

Comment

I can't say I make these, but I do have a part in it. I guess I can say I raise these.

Wheat,

Chickens

Cattle
                      and many end up as meat.

(I will just let you open up the pictures, and not post them in the page, as I had computer failure and did not get the resizing program reloaded on the machine yet. and two of them will be over sized some.)
                      Attached Files
                      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                      attributed to Samuel Johnson
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

In the plumbing area the following list of companies have domestic plants: Charlotte and Tyler (cast iron pipe), Wolverine Brass and Brasscraft (plumbers brass), Nibco, EPC and Mueller (copper fittings), Zoeller (pumps), Kohler (fixtures and faucets), Elkay and Just (SS sinks), Laco, Oatey, IPS (Chemicals), Sioux Chief (plumbing specialties)

Comment

I know Orenco systems make all of thier own fiberglass products (vault basins, septic tanks, Advantex pods). They are in Sutherlin Oregon.
                          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Backyard Farms tomatoes grown right here in Maine year round in GIGANTIC greenhouses.

http://www.backyardfarms.com/
                            Attached Files

Comment

RIDGID 100% oHIO made baby!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X