X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Everyday Carry Essentials

At the time I practiced this I was driving 1.5 hour one way to work.

A full roll of toilet paper! No substitutions. Period. ( that one had a back up) Flashlite, lighter and the lighter had a backup. Heavy coat and gloves,hat. Water. Cell phone charger. Dental floss. Hard candy. Some sort of reading material. Channellocks(440G's) 6 way screwdriver, 10"cresent. Tweezers, clippers. Map and topographical map.
    This is on top the normal stuff you'd carry in your car.

Comment

Originally posted by stokefire7 View Post
      At the time I practiced this I was driving 1.5 hour one way to work.

A full roll of toilet paper! No substitutions. Period. ( that one had a back up) Flashlite, lighter and the lighter had a backup. Heavy coat and gloves,hat. Water. Cell phone charger. Dental floss. Hard candy. Some sort of reading material. Channellocks(440G's) 6 way screwdriver, 10"cresent. Tweezers, clippers. Map and topographical map.
      This is on top the normal stuff you'd carry in your car.
      Very impressive, you covered just about all the bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
        LOL. I have started buying the "carpenter" style jeans (like the Carrharts, which I buy when on sale, which have all the little extra side pockets which are handy for a cell phone, tactical knife, LED flashlight, etc) without you having to sit on them when you drive. Don't worry about it until you have to add suspenders in addition to your belt. Its just a "guy" thing!

Go
        i have the same jeans and in the side pocket i have a carpenters pencil,a red sharpie and a 6 in 1 screwdriver a knife in a front pocket .on my belt a cell phone ,mag LED flash light and a tape measure and yes i do have to have suspenders also
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

In my pockets at all times (except the airport or other secure places) is a Kershaw spring assist pocket clip blade. An old Leatherman Wave, a Leatherman Squirt, Bic lighter (I don't smoke) and a small case with Tylenol and other prescription pills, plus my pickup keys on one key ring, house, office, various family members house and assorted other small keys on another ring. On another ring is my RV keys and the wife's extra car key. Of course my wallet in the back pocket. Cell phone goes in whatever pocket is available, preferably a shirt pocket.

Sometimes when I put all this crap in my pockets I wonder what the .ell I'm doing, until I need something that is.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

During winter a bag of kitty litter, in the rig not the pocket.

Comment

a combustion analyzer with CO detection

Comment

Working...
              X