X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyday Carry Essentials

Years ago I started carrying a pocket knife, I never used it to hurt people or animals but it came in handy to cut cardboard, wire and rope. Last couple years I became involved with tactical LED flashlights as a hobby and I started to carry a small powerful flashlight everyday as well as the knife.
    Recently, I have a growing interest in butane torch lighters and now I carry one of them as well.
    I'm not exactly sure how far this behavior will go, but so far it's not too much. Right?

Re: Everyday Carry Essentials

I wish walking around wearing a Batman Utility Belt was more fashion friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Years ago I started carrying a pocket knife, I never used it to hurt people or animals but it came in handy to cut cardboard, wire and rope. Last couple years I became involved with tactical LED flashlights as a hobby and I started to carry a small powerful flashlight everyday as well as the knife.
      Recently, I have a growing interest in butane torch lighters and now I carry one of them as well.
      I'm not exactly sure how far this behavior will go, but so far it's not too much. Right?

Don't worry Franki, I am sure it will stop at the "shrink's" office!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        Don't worry Franki, I am sure it will stop at the "shrink's" office!
        Will that be before or after the pocket laser?

Comment

is this a carry essential?
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

I carry a simple Swiss Army knife and a little LED flashlight almost everywhere I go. In my "Stink-Mobile" as they are called around here, I have a box with a small toolbox inside, a piece of rope, a roll of duct tape and a hose repair kit. With the weather getting good and cold, I'm soon going to add my jumper cables just in case they are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
              I carry a simple Swiss Army knife and a little LED flashlight almost everywhere I go. In my "Stink-Mobile" as they are called around here, I have a box with a small toolbox inside, a piece of rope, a roll of duct tape and a hose repair kit. With the weather getting good and cold, I'm soon going to add my jumper cables just in case they are needed.
              I think every car should have jumper cables all the time, no matter the weather. You'll never know when you or someone else might need them.

Comment

Just put some in the little truck. Of course, we are supposed to get 10 inches of snow.

I think that motivated me.

J.C.

Comment

LOL. I have started buying the "carpenter" style jeans (like the Carrharts, which I buy when on sale, which have all the little extra side pockets which are handy for a cell phone, tactical knife, LED flashlight, etc) without you having to sit on them when you drive. Don't worry about it until you have to add suspenders in addition to your belt. Its just a "guy" thing!

Go
                  Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    I think every car should have jumper cables all the time, no matter the weather. You'll never know when you or someone else might need them.
                    A good idea, but folks should learn how to properly&safely use them. I also carry a good length of rope and some other things. Now that it's cold I carry a blanket and heavy insulated shirt. Some warm clothes in a plastic bag might be more useful for the lady drivers in your life. Most times we men dress warm but the women go out totally unprepared for the cold weather in the event of a breakdown.
                    There was a time when we were having so many storms with tree limbs down that I carried a chainsaw and spare 2cycle fuel and bar oil just in case.

Comment

WHAT??? no Leatherman Surge pocket tool with optional bits?
                      Get a rippoff belt unit to carry the Leatherman tool and accessories and also the led tactical light.

also always have a dominion 7 1/2 x 50 cigar handy for that torch lighter

finally stay away from airports or some TSA guy will have some nice stuff!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                        WHAT??? no Leatherman Surge pocket tool with optional bits?
                        Get a rippoff belt unit to carry the Leatherman tool and accessories and also the led tactical light.

also always have a dominion 7 1/2 x 50 cigar handy for that torch lighter

finally stay away from airports or some TSA guy will have some nice stuff!

Cactus Man
                        Got one of these today, small and powerful. Gonna try and sweat some 1/2" copper.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7VkTMoaTYI

Comment

With my 200-mile-per-day commute, I've started carrying some things in the winter. I have my snow boots, an extra coat, and an MRE (actually, the MRE is just in there because I forgot it after the last camping trip). I also have at least one flashlight, and usually 2. I need to get a set of jumper cables.

I always carry a Leatherman, and a lighter. Generally I'll also have an "EDC" kind of pocket knife. At least once a month I sharpen knives. I am a knife collector and have a few very nice knives. Mostly what I carry is a small Buck folder with spring-assist open.

That little torch looks very cool. I don't know that I need anything like that, but it sure looks like the kind of thing that could come in very handy.
                          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                            With my 200-mile-per-day commute, I've started carrying some things in the winter. I have my snow boots, an extra coat, and an MRE (actually, the MRE is just in there because I forgot it after the last camping trip). I also have at least one flashlight, and usually 2. I need to get a set of jumper cables.

I always carry a Leatherman, and a lighter. Generally I'll also have an "EDC" kind of pocket knife. At least once a month I sharpen knives. I am a knife collector and have a few very nice knives. Mostly what I carry is a small Buck folder with spring-assist open.

That little torch looks very cool. I don't know that I need anything like that, but it sure looks like the kind of thing that could come in very handy.
                            I think it's very smart and proactive of you to be prepared in case of a problem. Folks drive these expensive cars, in bad weather, sometimes over long distances and they are totally unprepared for accidents or breakdowns or harsh weather. Really doesn't cost much to take those few extra steps. I've been carrying a small butane jet lighter, but that "torch" will work a little better when I start my fireplace.
                            There is a nice knife forum under the candlepowerforums.com site. Folks talk about their knives which are way out of my league, but you might enjoy it.
                            Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-30-2010, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Typical stuff for me on a daily basis is:

cell phone w/camera
                              Leatherman Skeletool multitool
                              Leatherman Monarch 150 LED AAA flashlight
                              SanDisk Cruzer 2GB thumb drive
                              Victorinox SwissCard multitool (credit card sized w/scissors, knife, file, pen, pin, file, screwdriver, tweezers, toothpick, and scale)

I like seeing all the stuff folks can pack into an Altoids tin. These survival kits (commonly referred to a Bug-Out Altoids Tin, or BOAT) contain whatever the creator deems necessary for their expected emergency situation. The folks over at Zombie Squad have ten pages of them.
                              Steve
                              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                              X