Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't anyone think of this twenty years ago?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why didn't anyone think of this twenty years ago?

Have the Pro-Bowl BEFORE the Superbowl?

How many decades have passed where we had that ONE Sunday prior to the SB without any football?

I have to admit, the NFL is doing a great job so far with this. It's a win for everybody. The pressure is off, the networks are getting the ratings they want, and we are seeing professionals simply playing a good game of football and not have the need to take eachothers' heads off! It's great!

How the hell did you old timers ever get by?

Re: Why didn't anyone think of this twenty years ago?

What's football? I went to the coast today!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Pro Bowl? What Pro Bowl? The NFL and its players should be ashamed of themselves. Let see if I have this right, a light rain fell throughout the game yet hardly a dirty jersey could be found at games end. Way to play hard guys. 40% of the players selected to play in this "game" didn't! Pro Bowl..........What Pro Bowl?
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerdave View Post
        pro bowl? What pro bowl? The nfl and its players should be ashamed of themselves. Let see if i have this right, a light rain fell throughout the game yet hardly a dirty jersey could be found at games end. Way to play hard guys. 40% of the players selected to play in this "game" didn't! Pro bowl..........what pro bowl?
        + 1

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Pro Bowl? What Pro Bowl? The NFL and its players should be ashamed of themselves. Let see if I have this right, a light rain fell throughout the game yet hardly a dirty jersey could be found at games end. Way to play hard guys. 40% of the players selected to play in this "game" didn't! Pro Bowl..........What Pro Bowl?
          Most of that was because it was BEFORE the Super Bowl this year. So many Pro-Bowlers from Indy and NO, so they didnt start/play.

Before the SB is a bad idea. I know they want to make the game seem "important", but either before or after the SB doesnt help that.

Read a good suggestion today.....have it mid-season just like baseball.

Comment

The Pro Bowl is just a bad idea.

As if pre-season and then 16 regular season games and for some, playoff games, doesn't present enough opportunity to suffer a serious injury, just for good measure they get together one more time.

I forgot all about the Pro Bowl. I don't forget pre-season games. I may not watch them in their entirety but I don't forget they're on.

Just saying.

Comment

I enjoy the game with the layed back style of play with lots of offense. However I do prefer it to be after the Super Bowl game.

Comment

The Pro-Bowl, like the other "All-Star"-type games are suffering from the restraints of the business end of professional sports. They try to be a dazzling, offensive amazement, with all sorts of pathetic bells and whistles, to make up for the fact that they aren't really a game at all - there's no effort. This is due to them trying to minimize the contact issues, as the individual teams in the different leagues (NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB) don't want their star players to suffer any sort of an injury that would affect their playing ability in the games that actually "matter" (be it regular season, playoffs, Superbowl, etc. - whatever just happens to be in the days and weeks following the respective All-Star games).

But unfortunately, the fans get the brunt end of the stick with this. Boring, no defense, exorbanent offensive numbers, lackluster effort, etc.

If they made these games mid-season, and made them mean something somehow, then it may be different. I've heard different things before like maybe having the conference/division that wins their respective All-Star game gets awarded the home-field advantage for the respective playoffs/finals. I think something like that may help things out.

But, it's a very lackluster thing right now. My priorities for sports for the months of January/February were/are - olympic hockey, Daytona 500, NFL playoffs, Superbowl, Budweiser Shootout, etc., etc., etc....then, near the bottom of the list, the Pro-Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                X