X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probabilities … Or my bad luck?

Ever notice when a small item is dropped from the front of a workbench or table the item usually scampers underneath and seldom toward the center of the room?

Another odd probability happens when inserting a 2-prong, polarized plug. Chance should reward a 50% success rate. But usually the plug needs to be rotated 180 degrees.

Any members having similar results?

---Mike

Re: Probabilities … Or my bad luck?

Yeah! and the side of the bread with peanut butter always hits the floor!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
      Yeah! and the side of the bread with peanut butter always hits the floor!

Cactus Man
      That one isn't purely random though, it is related to counter top height and the number of times that it can flip given the acceleration of a fallen object.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        That one isn't purely random though, it is related to counter top height and the number of times that it can flip given the acceleration of a fallen object.
        Scientifically speaking you may be right, but for those of us who don't believe in such things it is the work of gremlins!

Comment

Amen Nature and it makes me .

Comment

These phenomena are all explained by Murphy's Law.

Some other examples are:

Interchangeable parts - won't

When there are n items needed to complete a job, there are n-1 in stock.

A device selected from a group having a 99% reliability will always be a member of the 1% group.

In any calculation, decimal points will be misplaced to the side giving the greatest error.

When the last of the sixteen screws securing an access cover is removed, it will be discovered that you removed the wrong access cover.

When the last of the sixteen screws securing an access cover is installed, it will be discovered that you forgot the "O" ring.

Comment

cactusman - Yeah! and the side of the bread with peanut butter always hits the floor!

Now I'm wondering... As a cat always lands on it's feet; what would happen if a slice of bread with peanut butter was glued to the cat's back and it jumped from a high place?

---Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Nature_Photog View Post
                cactusman - Yeah! and the side of the bread with peanut butter always hits the floor!

Now I'm wondering... As a cat always lands on it's feet; what would happen if a slice of bread with peanut butter was glued to the cat's back and it jumped from a high place?

---Mike

I hope no one here gets too curious, there will be some very unhappy cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  I hope no one here gets too curious, there will be some very unhappy cats.
                  But think how much fun the dogs would have!
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Take a plumbing job at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Friday and see what happens.
                    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nature_Photog View Post

---Mike

Already been asked...already been answered

Link: http://scottthong.files.wordpress.co...oast_swirl.gif

Enjoy!

Comment

www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
                        X