Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Best/Favourite Sports Jerseys...

Okay, here's a little change...

I was thinking, since we've had a dearth of semi-depressing, partisan, one-against-the-other -type of threads lately, and since we've got the 2010 Winter Olympics coming up in only 10 days or so, that I would start a little bit lighter of a thread. [Hmmmm....thread-of-the-week nomination maybe?!!?!?!! ]

I'm curious to know, what are your best and/or favourite sports jerseys? Depending on where your sporting allegiances lay (and this isn't a thread about my-team-is-better-than-your-team stuff), what are the different jerseys that you may have? T-shirts don't count. I want to know about jerseys - be they one-of-a-kind specialties, vintage jerseys, special commemorative stuff, old timer sweater-style jerseys, etc. Hockey, football, soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. What's neat and unique that you may have?

Re: Your Best/Favourite Sports Jerseys...

Nomination whore!
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'll start things off by listing my jerseys...

Here's a throwback Team Canada jersey, honouring our first Olympic gold medal winning team from the 1924 inaugural winter games. I just ordered this jersey this week, with no numbering or additional World Cup patches, but with the "CANADA" lettering across the back like illustrated in the pictures from the linked webpage...

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.co...ate-mario.html
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Nomination whore!
        LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuuCEx3c_pA

Comment

Some of my other jerseys...
          1. "Hockey Night In Canada" commemorative jersey, from the CBC (with the old-style TV show's logo, used until I was a kid in the early 80's or so, when they changed to the newer/current logo (jersey has the new logo in small patches on the shoulders).
          2. With #3...
          3. Roots 2000 Olympic summer games (Sydney, Australia), "podium jersey" that our athletes wore during the medal presentations.
          4. With #5...
          5. Team Canada hockey jersey from 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics (and also wore up to 2005 World Cup / World Juniors games) - mine is a plain one, as shown, red/Away jersey (and minus a leggy Mike Myers).
          Attached Files

Comment

Some more...
            1. Toronto Maple Leafs white/away jersey. Has "Go Leafs Go" lettering done up across back instead of name. Has MLG "Memories & Dreams" patch applied to upper right chest.
            2. Go Leafs Go lettering/font/colours.
            3. Maple Leaf Gardens "Memories and Dreams" commemorative patch.
            4. TML blue/home jersey. I have this in plain (no name or numbers), but I would like to get it done up similar to my white jersey (with "Memories & Dreams" patch, and with "Go Leafs Go" lettering for name bar), but I would also like to additionally have two columns of 2" or so numbering done up down the back of the jersey, listing the 11 different years that TML's won the Stanley Cup, and the 2 additional years that Toronto won the Cup as the "Arenas" and the "St. Pats".
            5. Charlestown Chiefs jersey from the movie "Slap Shot" (AWESOME!!!)
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow, talk about favoritism! My Thread on the proud sport of Pro Wrestling got nothing and this one gets the nod? All that protective gear to chase after a roll of vinyl tape, and you call that a sport? What is the world coming to?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Wow, talk about favoritism! My Thread on the proud sport of Pro Wrestling got nothing and this one gets the nod? All that protective gear to chase after a roll of vinyl tape, and you call that a sport? What is the world coming to?
                It's not ALL about hockey or Canada - those are just my favourite styles of jerseys.... Pro-Wrestling doesn't really have "jerseys" either. This is more about cool jerseys, not necessarily the sports.

Just like the Oregon Ducks. When I watched all the college football games, I saw those new uniforms they did with Nike. While a lot of people seemed to hate them, I thought they're pretty freakin' cool - the green with the yellow, and the silver accents, especially with the silver feathers on the shoulders of the jersey. That's a cool overall design in my opinion...

http://www.nikeblog.com/wordpress/wp...tte-Blount.jpg

I actually want to get a Pittsburgh Steelers, Hines Ward # 86, black jersey - that's the NFL jersey that I lust after. A throwback Detroit Tigers jersey would be sweet, too! And there's a few other American jerseys I'd like (besides the Chiefs one that I already have...)...
                1. With #2...
                2. Chicago Blackhawks, "Griswold" # 00 jersey, from the "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation" movie.
                3. The jersey from the Winter Classic game with the Pittsburgh Penguins from a few years ago.
                4. With #5...
                5. Gretzky vintage jersey. Okay, Edmonton is a Canadian team. But, since we ship all our oil to America practially, and since the U.S. owns so much stuff in Alberta, and since Gretzky retired in New York, I figured this would count!!
                Another non-hockey jersey that I'd like would be a "Strongbow / Leeds" jersey, from football/soccer in England.

And while I'm not a big fan of the NASCAR coats, I would like to get a pit-crew -style shirt/jersey for Dale Earnhardt Sr. I'd get one of the Jr. ones too, but I don't like the new Amp green stuff.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by canucksartech; 02-02-2010, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Must not be many sports fans on here.

Go Team Canada!!!!

Comment

Just noticed - I had some TOTW nominations on here. But it looks like they got pulled/changed.

What-ever.

Comment

I kinda like this uniform,
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                      X