X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The concrete block in your washer m.

My sears front loader was getting loud in spin cycle. Then BAM BAM BAM. Pulled off rear cover to find about a 7 lb concrete brick on the bottom WTF ??? It was the tub counter weight. bolted it back. Purs like a kitten. Funny, 7 years old and was always loud in spin. Guessing it wasn't torqued at factory. Takes Me a while.Who woulda Thunk??
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: The concrete block in your washer m.

there should be more than 1 brick. that's why the washers are so much heavier than a dryer.

the bricks are what counteracts the high speed spinning and the out of balance loads. also make sure the springs are still properly attached top and bottom.

you doing your own laundry like me

joey stopped mine as i brought home too many blue pills

nothing like leaving blue fluidmaster dye pills in your pockets

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

put some locktight on it.

i have never seen a block come off a front load washer. i service them everyday. when you tightened the bolts back on did there seam to be any play. or were they nice and snug? i'd still use some locktight.
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Always satisfying to get to the bottom of a problem. I have a Sears canister vacuum that's a few years old and yesterday it lost all suction at the hose. I checked the plastic canister and it was just about empty but a small filter at the main inlet to the vacuum motor was blocked. I unblocked it, but as soon as I picked up some debris it clogged again. Can't figure this little mystery out? Strong suction, but although the dirt swirls around the canister instead of piling up on the bottom it shoots right up and clogs that small filter.

Comment

Only One cresent shaped block this machine, and It's TIGHT as a frogs Butt, now !
          Was home doing an estimate,and did a load. Wife is soo happy it happened to Me not Her!
          Poor Girl woulda had a heart attack! I thought the talaban had landed! What a racket!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            joey stopped mine as i brought home too many blue pills

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about another blue pill.

Then again, if you want your laundry done..........
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

After almost having a heart attack moving an HE front loader up 2 flights of stairs, then down 1, I read the service manual and glanced by the section about removing the "concrete counterweight".

400 lb washer, most of it is concrete.....excellent!

After that I kicked myself.....I almost could have just removed the counterweight and moved the washer a whole lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                put some locktight on it.

i have never seen a block come off a front load washer. i service them everyday. when you tightened the bolts back on did there seam to be any play. or were they nice and snug? i'd still use some locktight.
                Meile uses cast iron weights, I read. What does LG USE,please ?

Comment

i have not seen an lg washer in a while. most people don't repair them. they just throw them away. there made in korea. i get calls on them but everyone hates them after they have had them. parts are not always available either. i had several washer calls last year were the control board was bad and it was not even being made. different models too. all they made for it was the pump. seen several fridges were the icemaker and water valve were the only parts available. dryers were they only made the belt. i really don't like them myself. there a pain the kester to work on as well. i say as long as it is made in the usa, canada or mexico you can get parts.
                  the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Working...
                  X