Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A dog bit me in the butt today.

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    You should have answered back, "Well, he can't protect you now!".
    I'm thinking a lot of bad thoughts, better sign off. You are a nice guy
    I had the great pleasure of telling her she needs a new well and leaving. The look on her face was priceless.

Normally I feel bad if a plumbing problem causes someone a hardship but I won't lose any sleep over this one.

Disclaimer:
    She really did need a new well and it had nothing to do with the dog, her or anything that took place.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Lady had an aggressive Pit Bull that was working real hard to circle behind me.

I politely asked her to please tie him. The place where he is tied sometime is plainly visible about 20' away. I asked like 3 times and told her I was afraid of it to convince her.

She kept refusing giving me all kinds of bizarre reasons.

So I finally pulled the hammer out of my hammer loop and told her that if he got near me for any reason I would hit it with the hammer until it quit moving.

She tied it.

J.C.

Comment

I was dealing with a nasty dog today, neighbor's dog at the jobsite I was at. The guy I worked for today said the dog could easily jump 6 foot fences.

Told the idiot neighbor if she didn't tie it up, knowing the nature of the dog, I've got the ability to bite myself and make sure that dog is destroyed by sundown by animal control.

Never saw the dog the rest of the day.
        Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 02-04-2010, 10:17 PM.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          Never been bitten on the job, but my own dog (Black Lab/Sheppard mix)bit me once when he was about 18 months old...BUT ONLY ONCE!

I bit him right back on the lip and I mean hard too.

He cried like a pup. But he never bit me again in 11 years.
          My dog bit me when he was a pup. I stuck his snout in my mouth and bit him back hard. You shoud have seen the look on his face! He was totaly dumbfounded that I had bitten him. It was hilarious.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            Lady had an aggressive Pit Bull that was working real hard to circle behind me.

I politely asked her to please tie him. The place where he is tied sometime is plainly visible about 20' away. I asked like 3 times and told her I was afraid of it to convince her.

She kept refusing giving me all kinds of bizarre reasons.

So I finally pulled the hammer out of my hammer loop and told her that if he got near me for any reason I would hit it with the hammer until it quit moving.

She tied it.

J.C.
            I can see you doing that!
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Wisdom from a dog trainer friend. Don't make eye contact with a strange Dog,this is an aggressive act to them. Offer Your hand BELOW their head,not above. And the best!
              Before petting a dog,Study the OWNER FIRST ! Kindly , green light.

I grew up with animals in the country. Folks are always impressed with instant acceptance
              of their dogs. I get down at their level on the ground and let them smell My beard right away. I think they smell that bacon grease ! Yea ,I'm different, LOVE DOGS!
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                My dog bit me when he was a pup. I stuck his snout in my mouth and bit him back hard. You shoud have seen the look on his face! He was totaly dumbfounded that I had bitten him. It was hilarious.
                I bet it worked though didn't it?
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

For all you guys that wear uniforms, sometimes dogs get a little confused thinking that maybe we are the mailman, a police officer, a UPS driver or someone else they have been barking at their entire life. With the large crew of plumbers that I had working for me I requested that they wear clean blue jeans and I provided nice company tee shirts. That way we looked more like a guest than a uniform wearing target. I can think of only a couple of dog related problems.

Comment

most dogs roll over and i scratch their bellies, right rookie

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

only cause you smell like icecream!
                      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Ive had ankle biters go after me before and that's when the 24" screwdriver comes out. You can bop the dog on the nose and get enough of a yelp out of them that the owner will put them away when you explain you stepped on the poor thing.

The meanest dogs I can remember were two black labs at a celebrity house. They never got me but they sure tried enough times.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

my black lab of 11.5 years past away in july. she was very protective. she bit many a people some more then once. she never bit our kids or would even try. she knew the rules. when we farmed. she would never chase a chicken we had 500 layers, goats we had a dairy, or anything unless i told her to.
                          the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Working...
                          X