A dog bit me in the butt today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dog bit me in the butt today.

Yes, your friendly plumber Tyman was minding my own business at a customers house when I was bitten in the butt by mutt that was 3' tall at the shoulders. No blood, but the lady swore up and down her dog never bites.
    Last edited by Tyman; 02-22-2010, 06:04 PM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: A dog bit me in the butt today.

Oh man, I hope you feel better

Guess the dog was angry today,

Comment

You have a great attitude, hope the customer appreciates your manner.
      I have a little ten pound dog who has never bit anyone, but that doesn't mean he won't! There is always a first time. I used to ask customers to please put the dog away. I hope for your sake you at least insisted on seeing some current paper for a rabies shot?

Comment

Whenever I hear a customer tell me my dog never bites I think of this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o

I never take a customers word for it. If i get any sense a dog will be aggressive towards me I ask that they keep the dog out of my work area. No sense in letting it sneak up and bite ya.

Comment

Maybe NOW you'll stop walking around with a porkchop in your back pocket

It's the little yappy ones that always try to get me in the ankles like this guy --->>

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Maybe NOW you'll stop walking around with a porkchop in your back pocket
            He bit my butt like I had one there! Last time someone pinched my butt that hard was by a big girl called Becky at a church dance.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

i've only been snapped at by a customers dog when it came time to leave. i guess he wasn't done playing with me yet

normally i have a good feeling about dogs. it's the customer that wants to put them away.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

i wonder if the dog is ok? that must have been a nasty (tasting) bite.
                the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

What a pain in the azz! (I can't believe none of you smartasses posted that one yet!)

I've been nailed a couple of times. It's no fun.
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

i was bitten once on a job looking at a stove. they said "oh he doesn't bite" he sniffed my leg and bit it! the owners were very sorry. told me to go to the doctor and they would pay all medical. i told them not to worry. the next day they called me asked how i was. i told them fine. they said sorry again and they had put the dog down. he was 15 years old. they said they were afraid that the dog would bite there kids.
                    i don't blame the dog or the owners. if i'm on some elses property weither they invited me or not and i get bitten, it's my fault for not asking them to put away there dog. i'm pretty old fashioned in that respect. i'm not going to sue you for slipping on the ice in your driveway either. i should be wearing better shoes and being more carefull. most of the time when i slipped, i was in a hurry.
                    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

How you feeling today?

Better

Comment

Never been bitten on the job, but my own dog (Black Lab/Sheppard mix)bit me once when he was about 18 months old...BUT ONLY ONCE!

I bit him right back on the lip and I mean hard too.

He cried like a pup. But he never bit me again in 11 years.
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman
                          Went back today to finish up and she had the dog locked up in a room. She then went on to say how happy she is the dog is protective of her.

That statement kinda irritated me. She went from apologetic, to proud her dog bit me.
                          Next time, open the door and say "ROUND 2 DOGGIE"

LOL -J/k but at least I got to use that doggie smile

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman
                            Went back today to finish up and she had the dog locked up in a room. She then went on to say how happy she is the dog is protective of her.

That statement kinda irritated me. She went from apologetic, to proud her dog bit me.
                            You should have answered back, "Well, he can't protect you now!".
                            I'm thinking a lot of bad thoughts, better sign off. You are a nice guy

Comment

I love dogs, but I haven't had one since my faithful old Beagle passed away several decades ago.

I've haven't had a job where I had to go onto people's property since I was a teen. I had a rural paper route for a long time, back then, and I had only two dogs that posed any problems, one a boxer and one a bulldog. Fortunately I always managed to outwit them.

I did have a funny event with a big Doberman that one family had. The old Polish lady told me he was very defensive of the property but would never leave it's boundarys. Since my delivery was only to the roadside mailbox there was rarely a challenge. But there was that once a week "collection" day.

She told me that all I ever had to do was call the dog by name (Sonny) and he would immediately stop his charging attack. About the first four weeks I spent those collection days running for my life!

I finally met the ladies son, who stopped me on the road to ask me why I hadn't stopped by. When I told him, he repeated his mother's instruction to simply call the dog "Sonny" and I would be okay. I explained that it simply didn't work and that I had to run like he!!. The guy smiled and asked if I had used his mother's rather heavy Polish accent?

After that it was a simple yell of "SAHNEEEE" that would bring the, then friendly, animal to my side for a pet!

Dog's can be fun animals, but like people, you occasionally get one that is a bit screwed up.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                              X