X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toyota Recall?

My daughter sent me this. She drives an 09 Corolla and has a sense of humor.

I drive an 02 Tundra with Firestone tires.
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't understand the fuss, honestly. I have a Ford pickup (97) that had the cruise control switch that was causing fires even when the truck was off and no one around. It took close to 9 months to get it fixed, and by then they had cheapened the fix by putting a fuse on it instead of replacing the switch. Ford did not receive half the grief that we are giving Toyota despite the pictures of peoples homes that were burned to the ground when the fire happened while the truck was in the garage. I think Toyota should be commended on the speed of their response to the situation. Much quicker than Ford has been on any of their recalls. I also own a Chrysler product that was recalled for a computer reflash to correct some issues that could ruin the converters. This was in October. When I took it in in early November, they told me the recall was suspended because the reflash caused more problems than it fixed. Havent heard a word since. Yeah, the Prius has some issues with the brake software. They made a running change in January (last month) and will address the cars on the road. I am willing to bet that they will all be fixed before my Mopar is done, and much faster than my Ford was fixed.

Comment

I don't see why anyone is defending Toyota. Yes, Ford, GM, chrysler, everyone basically has had other life threatening problems and tried to cover them up or half *** a repair. It doesn't make it okay for Toyota to do it and they are rightly on the receiving end of a lot of angry complaints and rips.

As to whether or not they will fix their problems quickly? It's already been years since they knew about the problem and they are still doing half assed measures which do not fix the original problem. People have known or suspected it's a computer problem for YEARS!

Comment

Looks like we're going to play a little hardball.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...rZXsehlD6Ia0QQ

J.C.

Comment

A friend of mine told me that the Toyota cars over in Japan have software that notices when a car is in run away mode (some one stomping on the brakes) and it will disengage the throttle. They did not include this software for their export models and now it is biting them in the ***.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

http://www.evertiq.com/news/16264

J.C.

Comment

I worked at a customer's home the other day who drove a Lexus and took it in for the gas pedal recall and had it serviced.
                A few days later he was pulling into his garage and the car accelerated on it's own. He drove right through the wall into their dining room.

NEVER walk in front of a late model Toyota built car that is running.
                "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X