X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Issue

Has anyone ever tried to get a ridgid tool fixed?I have all my 18v tools out of service since Nov of last year with bad batteries.

Re: Battery Issue

One of my 1.5 AH batteries that came with the kit died on my recently.

Comment

Fixed? Yes!

But after five years of faithful work, I have yet to find the need to have a battery replaced.

This does appear to be a problem though, as there are more than a few posts regarding lengthy time frames and certain batteries not being readily available. Whether that is because the service centers don't want to invest in proper inventory or that the batteries are simply not immediately available is questionable, in my opinion.

This "they come all the way from China" isn't much of reason, though it does sound like a good verbal "excuse". If we can get certain food stuff fresh from China, then batteries shouldn't be much of a problem.

I wonder whether TTI/Ridgid has a working parts distribution/warehousing system in place or where the failing is. It seems to me that for every thousand units sold, there ought to be X-number of spare parts and batteries stocked locally. But perhaps they haven't "run-the-numbers" of looked at the situation from an experience/actuarial calculation point of view.

I should only hope that we don't pi$$ off the Chinese government, because if they simply stop sending us batteries, the unemployment numbers will be monstrously huge as most of our tools will be without power!

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by Carpenter View Post
        I have all my 18v tools out of service since Nov of last year with bad batteries.
        That's a long time without tools....I hope you have a back-up tool or have purchased another set.

Ridgid power tools have a 3 yr warranty and LLSA on tools and batteries. If you have not registered for LLSA this might be a good time to register them and locate a ridgid service center in your area to check out your drill-charger-batteries. Register them on-line and mail in the upc + copy of receipt.
        Contact the LSA processing group (Ridgid customer service) at 1-866-539-1710 if you have problems with registration
        Last edited by reConx; 02-05-2010, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
          I should only hope that we don't pi$$ off the Chinese government, because if they simply stop sending us batteries, the unemployment numbers will be monstrously huge as most of our tools will be without power!
          Obamination is doing a pretty good job of it. I recently shopped at a sporting goods store for some ice skates for my little girl and got distracted by the variety of goods that were from China: baseballs, helmets, sneakers, baseball catchers mitts, basketballs, etc. I didn't like the quality of the skates and left but it hurt to see all the traditional brands no longer made here.

Comment

I do not, to this point, own any Ridgid tools. As far as batteries; Search for "Prime Cell" as far as having batteries rebuilt. I do use them, and am a satisfied customer.
            I am in no manner associated with "Prime Cell". Thanks, David

Comment

Working...
            X