Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Quotes

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
    "IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!"

I read this for the first time today I don't know if it is new or old but I love it. I am not looking for a political debate or discussion on this but no matter the cause I love our military. I was wondering if you guys might share some of your favorite quotes or sayings?

Dan Lawrence
    Dan, the quote is indeed great but there is a catch.
    The text of the quote is ambiguous and it may sound (unintentionally I'm sure) as a threat of a different kind. See... too many stood in front of troops during, and after various wars. These troops were execution squads.

The way the political situation around the world is right now, standing behind the troops should not be an automatic thing. We should first ask, and then make sure we get a true answer to the basic question: who are these troops really fighting for? For me or for the big shots.

I fully support American troops in Iraq, as I support Polish troops who are also there. But I do not support the reason why they are there. I only support the troops because I know they were cheated and lied to, and I hope they survive, make it home and then take care of the scumbags who sent them to an unnecessary war. I know it's unlikely to happen but wouldn't that be great!
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
      Not to many people cared for exploring the Rocky Mountains, until gold was found in California.
      There is more than one significant difference between exploring a land mass and exploring a terrestrial body millions of miles away from Earth.

Comment

I want to be respectful but Darius there is a reason why I said the following, "I am not looking for a political debate or discussion on this but no matter the cause I love our military"

The reason is that it's not about the wars it's not about the issues, it's not about anything other than a soldier putting their life on the line to protect our freedoms. THAT IS IT! Weather you support the cause or not I don't want to get into that debate with any one here. These men & women are told what to do they do it and risk their lives doing it. For that I am grateful.

Respectfully,
        Dan Lawrence

Comment

Now that I think of it since exploration is being mentioned; I would like to know what happened to the first settler, in a wagon train that first arrived at the Grand Canyon, to speak up, "Hey! Let's build a bridge!"

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post

I fully support American troops in Iraq, as I support Polish troops who are also there. But I do not support the reason why they are there. I only support the troops because I know they were cheated and lied to, and I hope they survive, make it home and then take care of the scumbags who sent them to an unnecessary war. I know it's unlikely to happen but wouldn't that be great!

I'll be willing to place a large wager that 9 out of 10 soldiers, if asked if they think they were either lied to or cheated would be more than happy to convince you otherwise, and several would do it with extreme prejudice at that.
            sigpic

Comment

I remember the Vietnam War. I was in the Marine reserves at the time. We saw the Yellow scum run to Canada . Guess They had Kids.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

"To mastermind is to undermine what some feel is control of the mind." - Steve Nienaber
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Since we're on a military theme, my all-time favorite was coined
                  by the SOG recon legend Jerry (Mad Dog) Shriver when he and
                  his team were caught in a ticklish situation while on a mission
                  in S.E. Asia back in the day of the "American War".

"We got 'em just where we want 'em, surrounded from the inside."

Comment

I found a good one. This sentence sums up my local schools perfectly regarding a recent brawl that erupted.

“We expected something like this so we were prepared for it. The cops were alerted at roll-call.” Delaney said.

Here is the article:

Springfield police require pepper spray to quell late morning melee at the High School of Commerce, 8 students arrested
                    By George Graham, The Republican

February 12, 2010, 12:46PM

SPRINGFIELD – Police required pepper spray Friday morning to quell a large-scale brawl between rival groups of students at the High School of Commerce.

No injuries were reported and eight students have been arrested, Sgt. John M. Delaney said. Charges against those arrested vary, and include disrupting school, disorderly conduct and assault and battery on a police officer.

No weapons were involved in the fight which broke broke between classes, about 11:45 a.m., on the second floor. A dozen or so students were involved in the brawl, Delaney, aide to Police Commissioner William J. Fitchet, said.

Since then, Delaney said, order has been restored to the school.

Two of the students will be charged as adults, Delaney said. Their names were not immediately available.

Such large-scale fights inside Springfield high schools are common on the last day of school before vacation, Delaney said.

“We expected something like this so we were prepared for it,” Delaney said. “The cops were alerted at roll-call.”

Comment

Great Quotes, here you go.

http://quotations.about.com/od/georg...0_bushisms.htm

Comment

I found a good one. This sentence sums up my local schools perfectly regarding a recent brawl that erupted.

“We expected something like this so we were prepared for it. The cops were alerted at roll-call.” Delaney said.

Here is the article:
                        Springfield has had Racial problems a Long, long time .

I use to live and build on the Cape. My Marine friend went to college there. He had a 45 in His car!
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          Springfield has had Racial problems a Long, long time .

I use to live and build on the Cape. My Marine friend went to college there. He had a 45 in His car!
                          I grew up right in the middle of it. With the recent anti-bullying measures put into place, they seem to me completely mis-guided. For some strange reason, the school officials have this belief where bullying involves one or two "problem children" that make the lives of others miserable. That is not the case, bullying, from what I had to survive through, involved entire gangs, with no clear ring leader, each taking turns to harrass, humiliate, humble, and often harm any victim they so choose over the course of the day. THEN right after school, they bunch up to form a "wolfpack" of sorts and go after their victims all at once! I remember a few times getting yanked into a back alley to fight as many as four to six goons at once. It's a sad, but solidly real fact that these people only understand one thing: violence. No amount of soft-headed remedial services, slap on the wrist suspensions, or even expultions will change that.
                          Last edited by tailgunner; 02-13-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

The schools in my town don't take the whole gang or bully thing lightly. There are guards who patrol the halls and at the slightest hint of an argument, they haul the participants off. No gang colors allowed, but this is not disney land either, it is a constant effort to keep things in control. When there is a school sponsored dance or sporting event , there is always a police presence. I'm sure in towns where gangs are well established, it is very different. The schools can only do so much to keep students safe, but they do try.
                            I workout with a young guy who is a high school teacher and last year he broke up a fight between a couple big kids. One two hundred pounder swung at him and my buddy broke his jaw. Yes, the teacher had to go in front of a review board and the student got a week or so suspension. Schools in my opinion are either a springboard to better eductaion and lives, or the beginning of involvement with the legal system.

Comment

On the lighter side...

“I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt.”

Groucho Marx
                              Steve
                              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I grew up right in the middle of it. With the recent anti-bullying measures put into place, they seem to me completely mis-guided. For some strange reason, the school officials have this belief where bullying involves one or two "problem children" that make the lives of others miserable. That is not the case, bullying, from what I had to survive through, involved entire gangs, with no clear ring leader, each taking turns to harrass, humiliate, humble, and often harm any victim they so choose over the course of the day. THEN right after school, they bunch up to form a "wolfpack" of sorts and go after their victims all at once! I remember a few times getting yanked into a back alley to fight as many as four to six goons at once. It's a sad, but solidly real fact that these people only understand one thing: violence. No amount of soft-headed remedial services, slap on the wrist suspensions, or even expultions will change that.
                                They need to lock this trash out of the schools,period!

Comment

Working...
                                X