Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Quotes

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    They need to lock this trash out of the schools,period!
    I agree, and they also need to stop whoever is breeding them from reproducing! I busted my butt to raise law abiding, respectful daughters, it was a full time job and made very difficult considering the bad parenting by others.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      They need to lock this trash out of the schools,period!

That won't solve anything unfortunately. These POS's are through and through hoodlums, where the greatest damage they cause are right outside of schools, not just in it. They have zero respect for authority, for others, and least of all, themselves. The only time they show any resemblence of respect, is when their very lives are threatened by people that exert greater power than themselves, meaning someone pointing a firearm to their heads, or beating them to within an inch of their lives with a blunt object.

Comment

Tragic thing in my opinion is that they have a golden opportunity to get a good education, and instead they waste time and disrupt. They eventually either hurt folks or break other laws and become pawns of the legal sytem. Why would anyone choose to relinquish their personal freedom? I can only think environment and role models they follow.

There are no guarantees when raisng kids, but it sure helps when you are there for your kids. We dropped them off at school, watched what was going on and picked them up later. We knew their friends and where and what they were doing most of the time.

We have amazing freedom and rights in our country, I think they should include some responsibility to try and do a good job of raising the kids you father and give birth to! You need a license to drive a car, proof of insurance to get plates, but no qualifications to get pregnant and make a baby.

Comment

A quote I like:

"Leadership is like Bald Eagles around here, rarely seen and almost extinct."
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

America has become soft. I'd say anyone born after 1940 has only known a life of relative comfort, luxury and convenience. Who is responsible for the youngest generation of monsters? Their parents. And where did these parents learn how to be parents?

These thugs are the result or reflection, of a general decline over the past several generations of parenting skills. Parenting is a skill, not a talent.

It is a problem, but recognizing how we arrived at this current state is necessary if a solution is to be found. The paths that led us to this juncture are as numerous as the paths that can lead us back to a stable societal environment.

Education would seem to be the natural antidote to the criminal mind. And largely I would be inclined to agree. However there are plenty of well educated criminals too. But among violent criminals, lack of formal education does seem to be a common denominator.

IMO, the current education system doesn't address the needs of all students. I think ten years of school is enough time to give students the fundamental tools they will need in our society.

Why not allow students that have no intentions or desire to pursue higher level academic training to enter apprenticeships? Why do we not have a well established and promoted apprenticeship program for persons that want to learn a trade? Back when I was in school, if you weren't going on to college, you just kind of went through the motions and got your degree. There was absolutely nothing to prepare a kid for the real world. Much as I appreciate the quadratic equation, it never helped pay the bills.

Seems to me, back in my younger years, apprenticeships ran on the buddy system. You had to know someone to get in. I know the current system for electrician apprenticeships out here are pretty political.

Comment

Spiff, I teach high school in a voc tech center. I agree with you 99%, but getting guidance and administration to change the way they think is near impossible. We all know the problems and unfortunately, unless society changes, there are not blanket solutions.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Spiff, I teach high school in a voc tech center. I agree with you 99%, but getting guidance and administration to change the way they think is near impossible. We all know the problems and unfortunately, unless society changes, there are not blanket solutions.
                Yes, there isn't a single cure. But I think there exists a barrier that prevents kids from pursuing a trade. Not every kid wants to go onto college. I know I did not have those plans, although I wish I would have done it at 18 rather than my mid thirties.

Getting the parents involved and acting like responsible adults is probably the single biggest problem. Without their active participation, the system just kind of flows along like a lazy stream with nothing more than gravity dictating its path.

Comment

"He who stands on toilet is high on pot."
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

This one is one of my favorites from WW2

"To the USA Commander of the encircled town of Bastogne: The fortune of war is changing. This time strong German armored units have encircled the USA forces in and near Bastogne ... There is only one possibility to save the encircled USA troops from total annihilation; that is the honorable surrender of of the encircled town ...
                    If this proposal is rejected, one German Artillery Corps and six heavy AA Batallions are ready to annihilate USA troops ... all the serious civilian losses caused by this artillery fire would not correspond with the well-known American humanity..." -The German Commander
                    After reading the surrender demand McAuliffe said "Ah Nuts!" and dropped the surrender demand on the floor. Some time later McAuliffe was reminded that the German messengers were still waiting for a reply.
                    "What should I tell them?" McAuliffe asked his staff/
                    "That first remark of yours would be hard to beat, General." Remarked an officer.
                    Later, an amused American Colonel named Harper delivered McAuliffe's official response.
                    "To the German Commander: Nuts!" - The American Commander.

Comment

You can observe a lot by just watching.
                      Yogi Berra

Comment

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori, sed dulcius pro patria vivere, et dulcissimum pro patria bibere. Ergo, bibamus pro salute patriae"

"It is sweet and right to die for the homeland, but it is sweeter to live for the homeland, and the sweetest to drink for it. Therefore, let us drink to the health of the homeland."

A 19th century students' spin on Horace.

Comment

That was WAYYYYYYY too smart for this thread.

Therefore, I recommend this thread be closed as it is only downhill(again) from here.
                          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Here is a good one!

άνδρες για την ευχαρίστηση, γυναίκες για τα μωρά
                            Hint: It's a rather infamous Greek phrase!

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                              I want to be respectful but Darius there is a reason why I said the following, "I am not looking for a political debate or discussion on this but no matter the cause I love our military"
                              Dan, I certainly did not want to sound offensive. It is hard to separate the military form politics since the military are used to enforce/impose policies.
                              In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

My mother once said to me:
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."

What reality taught me:
                                "When life hands you feces, be a bull**** artist!"

Comment

Working...
                                X