"are you an old man"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "are you an old man"

just when i thought i heard it all. i was shown up by shane, a 4 1/2 year old today

i was running my camera into a customers sewer and with school being off because of presidents day, i had 3 new helpers

shane the 4 1/2 year old was really my helper. he wanted to push the buttons and spray the green paint on the lawn.

out of nowhere while i was recording onto my dvdpak he asks me "are you an old man" i busted out laughing.

i played back the video to see if i caught that moment on disc. i played it back for joey and she smiled

found out that shane was just visiting and didn't belong to my customer but when his mom came to pick him up, i told the mom what happened and she asked for my card so you see, shane might have thought i was an old man, but mom thought i would make a good plumber at their house. way to go shane

rick.

here is the youtube link to lsiten to this classic moment. the video is of the actual job and the golden moment is at 2:30 into the clip. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh4_-DmCU4c

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-17-2010, 03:30 AM. Reason: youtube link.
    phoebe it is

Re: "are you an old man"

When all else fails just read a Rick post. You are a "crack-up"........!!!!!!!!

By the way Rick need to be careful, CougarTown is screening down here at present. Latest word to appear in our language.

Thanks for the laugh Rick.

Comment

Hey, I thought you only worked by referral and didn't hand out cards to people who asked. Or do you consider the 4 yr. old the referral?
      By the way, you ARE an old man.
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Rick, I can guarantee you that you are NOT an old man!! Believe me, cause I am there.
        PK

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
          Hey, I thought you only worked by referral and didn't hand out cards to people who asked. Or do you consider the 4 yr. old the referral?
          By the way, you ARE an old man.
          i just assumed that shane was the kid that lived there. had no idea he was visiting. not until his mom came to pick him up, did i find out he was a guest.

so the referral is from the customer and i already met the family.

shane might be the next aaron91

he watched and helped like the best of them.

josh is there anyway to upload a sound clip to the forum and share the moment? i have the original.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Post the video to Youtube and then link it here.

Oh.......sorry. I forgot......you're an old man...
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I think it was a cute thing from a little kid, not that being an old man is bad.
              I would have laughed, but inside I would be thinking "I'm the man who is smart enough to fix what's broken and get paid!". Age is just a number.

Comment

I've had a kid or two see me lift myself from a kneel and say, "Wow, you're an old man."

That kid ended up picking up every tool I needed the rest of the day when I asked, letting him know this old man can't do it, anymore...

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Kids are great fun but it scares the dickens out of me when one is around when I'm working on a septic system.

The "falling in" hazard is bad enough but there are so many other things that can get them in a blink of an eye. I make sure the parents keep them back from my work area. If they want to look in, I'll stop what I'm doing and make sure they are held tightly while they are peering in, then out of my work zone they go.

I have truck shaped magnets and stick on calenders that I give them when they are interested in what I'm doing.

And Rick if you are an old man, I must be ancient!
                  www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I think I have a few on You, Pilgrim ! 67
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

how many old men can actually figure out how to edit the video down, and post it to youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh4_-DmCU4c

i guess 4 1/2 year old shane made me go back to school and learn how to post my sewer job onto youtube.

if you want to skip some of the show just fast forward to 2:30 into the video.

feel free to watch my couple other videos from my recent new zealand trip. the bungy and zorbing. make sure to turn up the volume

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

unable to open it Rick. i guess "i'm an old man"
                        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

try going to the url at the top of the video. this will take you directly to youtube.

jered, i'm not sure old man, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            try going to the url at the top of the video. this will take you directly to youtube.

jered, i'm not sure old man, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks

rick.
                            Wake up Joey and have her help you change your video from PRIVATE.

Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Okay, now it's fixed.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X