Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If I Was the CEO of Toyota

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    did you get the one with a sticky gas pedal?
    Yep yep!

They gave me the document today that showed me it was fixed. What's so disturbing is I think I'm too fat for this truck.

It wasn't a comfortable ride for me tonight, might of been because I was anxious.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Only reason it's such news is that it is unexpected by many. They've grown to expect no dangerous recalls from Toyota.

I still think it's a software or drive by wire problem being kept quiet. A shim under the pedal?

I have to say I agree with NH. I'd make them all come to me if they wanted to discuss anything about my business. And if they gave me much of a hard time I'd start shutting things down in their country. Wanna' play hard ball?

With that said I have owned a Toyota truck for many years and am NOT impressed.

Owned Chevy's with less problems. And while it makes it more difficult, in todays times one should look at the product with more scrutiny than the name on it or where it is manufactured.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        And you a married man! Shame on you! Read my Thread on Tiger Woods and then post an apology.
        Shhhhhh. It'd be our little secret!

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
          Shhhhhh. It'd be our little secret!
          I don't want to be part of a coverup, what if the News gets a hold of this?
          I take marriage very seriously, I won't look at another woman, heck I won't even look at my own wife!

Comment

I don't want to be part of a coverup, what if the News gets a hold of this?
            I take marriage very seriously, I won't look at another woman, heck I won't even look at my own wife!
            LOL. "...heck I won't even look at my own wife!" LOL. Man, me saying I want a "house full of boobies" is much, MUCH less likely to get me in trouble versus saying THAT!

Arrrrrgh. It'd be no worry - she's got the keys to my truck, deft knowledge with a knife and a needle (she's a nurse - she likes to say that she knows of a hundred ways to kill me in my sleep), and the condoms and lube are stored in her nightstand drawer. I have NO leeway for mistakes, and she confidently knows it.

Comment

LOL. "...heck I won't even look at my own wife!" LOL. Man, me saying I want a "house full of boobies" is much, MUCH less likely to get me in trouble versus saying THAT!

Arrrrrgh. It'd be no worry - she's got the keys to my truck, deft knowledge with a knife and a needle (she's a nurse - she likes to say that she knows of a hundred ways to kill me in my sleep), and the condoms and lube are stored in her nightstand drawer. I have NO leeway for mistakes, and she confidently knows it.
              The secrets to a happy marriage as explained by Chris Rock.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M902ZJHzaLE

Comment

Toyota, Moving Forward... at uncontrollable speeds!

Last edited by Alphacowboy; 02-21-2010, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Only reason it's such news is that it is unexpected by many. They've grown to expect no dangerous recalls from Toyota.

I still think it's a software or drive by wire problem being kept quiet. A shim under the pedal?

I have to say I agree with NH. I'd make them all come to me if they wanted to discuss anything about my business. And if they gave me much of a hard time I'd start shutting things down in their country. Wanna' play hard ball?

With that said I have owned a Toyota truck for many years and am NOT impressed.

Owned Chevy's with less problems. And while it makes it more difficult, in todays times one should look at the product with more scrutiny than the name on it or where it is manufactured.

J.C.

Comon man! COMON!!

I stopped driving chevrolets in the late 90's, couldn't afford to work on them yearly.

Owned 4 pickups and one C-60 2 ton dump over 20 years. Constantly needed work if you ran them in a business.

I do however own a chevrolet kodiak, but has a cat 3116 powerplant.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                    Comon man! COMON!!

I stopped driving chevrolets in the late 90's, couldn't afford to work on them yearly.

Owned 4 pickups and one C-60 2 ton dump over 20 years. Constantly needed work if you ran them in a business.

I do however own a chevrolet kodiak, but has a cat 3116 powerplant.
                    Had more trouble out of my Toyota than Chevy.

However, we're talking about a 90 Chevy with a manual tranny. Electronic automatic spells replacement early in a work truck in my opinion. And none of the multiple sensors on it that came later. Needs paint though.

I don't understand some that buy new. (Accountant tells you to buy, I understand. ) Get you an older Ford with a 300 inline with a manual tranny.

Anyway, many more things done to the Toyota than the Chevy under "normal" maintenance or trying to solve some mystery.

Last I heard, Cat quit the domestic diesel business. Didn't want to deal with the new government restrictions on diesels. Which, by the way, I believe will totally destroy the light/medium diesel market. We'll see.

J.C.

Comment

I have a 97 ford F150 4wd that I have 256,000 miles on and that I have only changed the oil twice since I bough it new and put one battery in. Other than front brake pads once a year I have'nt done anything to it but drive it. That must be why the ford F150 outsells every other truck combined for what, something like 17 years in a row.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is turning into a pissing match of my truck is better than your truck. Firstly, if your post is accurate and true, sounds like you've been very lucky, NHMaster, but I think it's just stupid to knowingly only change your oil twice with that kind of mileage - you're playing Russian roulette with your engine, and no matter the manufacturer, they all have recommended/required maintenance.

Vehicles are no different from power tools - different designs, different pros and cons, quality can be spotty on any given day on the production line, no one truck will perfectly please/fit all people, there's fanboys of every brand, etc., etc.

What works great for one, will not work great for others.

That said, I think all this recall stuff with Toyota is such crap. The media is hyping this so bad, and they're being poked and prodded by those with ties to the Big 3 (be it workers, corporate, customers, whatever) to ram this Toyota recall thing down everyone's throats. This is what, Toyota's first major safety recall? Holy cow! Burn down the bridges! It's funny how others can point fingers, when the Big 3 have had MASSIVE amounts of safety recalls in the past 2 decades - your rear axle may fall out (Pontiac Solstice), major brake and engine issues (Chevy pickups), we forgot to actually attach your wheel hubs (Dodge Chargers/Challengers), your car might blow up (many current vehicles, and who can forget the Fiero?!)

If people would actually "breathe", and then calmly read the recall issue, this all started with customers buying AFTERMARKET all season floor mats. See, the Toyota floor mats have velcro on the bottom as well as a little plastic clip/hook, to help keep the mats in place and prevent them from sliding up the floor on you. The aftermarket ones don't have that - so the mats slide up, and get bunched up against the firewall, so there becomes a ridge in the floor mat that the gas pedal can get stuck on, and/or can have a friction issue in moving past this carpet ridge, and is causing the pedal issues (although these two circumstances are covered by separate recalls). And people freak - "Toyota says there's a problem, but they don't have new pedals for us!!!" Well, there is a fix - they can shorten the pedal by 3/4" and fix the issue - if there's no rubbing and catching on aftermarket mats, there's no issue.

Sheesh. Most people don't even have aftermarket mats to begin with. It's more of a customer satisfaction thing, where they'll inspect your vehicle to see what's happening specific to your vehicle, and if you have OEM mats (as 95% of Toyotas do), then there shouldn't be a friction issue with the pedal, and all they need to do is shorten the gas pedal to ensure it can't happen in the future if the customer does go out and get aftermarket mats that could bunch up.

It's just funny to see the overreacting, hypocritical, mob-like, hysterical behaviour that this has caused.

Comment

This is turning into a pissing match of my truck is better than your truck.
                          WUT WUT

ps- I never change the oil - LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                            I have a 97 ford F150 4wd that I have 256,000 miles on and that I have only changed the oil twice since I bough it new and put one battery in. Other than front brake pads once a year I have'nt done anything to it but drive it. That must be why the ford F150 outsells every other truck combined for what, something like 17 years in a row.
                            You sure have a great vehicle there! I have heard of batteries lasting ten or more years but that is very rare. Regarding the oil and filter changes, or lack there of, I'm surprised as an educator you would allow or endorse such a practice. All engines produce harmful by products resulting from combustion, and while fliters actually become slightly more efficient as they get dirty, they do have a capacity or limit. Regular oil and fliter changes can't possibly be harmful, so why risk damage to such a fine vehicle?

Comment

You sure have a great vehicle there! I have heard of batteries lasting ten or more years but that is very rare. Regarding the oil and filter changes, or lack there of, I'm surprised as an educator you would allow or endorse such a practice. All engines produce harmful by products resulting from combustion, and while filters actually become slightly more efficient as they get dirty, they do have a capacity or limit. Regular oil and filter changes can't possibly be harmful, so why risk damage to such a fine vehicle?
                              Well, call me lazy I guess, but I have never bought into the 3000 mile oil change thing. I see it as an excuse to sell oil and filters. When I pull my dipstick, the oil thats in there is still pretty clean looking and the engine does not burn any oil at all. However, just to piss everyone off even more, before I bought that truck I had an 85 E100 ford van with a 300 six in it that went almost 325,000 miles on maybe 6 oil changes. That said, I collect and restore MGB's and there is no way in hell those engines are going to go that distance without changing the oil.
                              As for my truck, if it blew itself up this afternoon it don't owe me anything at all. So ask yourself, should I really run right out and change the oil and filter in hopes of getting how many more miles out of it? She's doing just fine being left alone. Starts and runs every day.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                                Well, call me lazy I guess, but I have never bought into the 3000 mile oil change thing. I see it as an excuse to sell oil and filters. When I pull my dipstick, the oil thats in there is still pretty clean looking and the engine does not burn any oil at all. However, just to piss everyone off even more, before I bought that truck I had an 85 E100 ford van with a 300 six in it that went almost 325,000 miles on maybe 6 oil changes. That said, I collect and restore MGB's and there is no way in hell those engines are going to go that distance without changing the oil.
                                As for my truck, if it blew itself up this afternoon it don't owe me anything at all. So ask yourself, should I really run right out and change the oil and filter in hopes of getting how many more miles out of it? She's doing just fine being left alone. Starts and runs every day.
                                Yes, you should! As a matter of fact you should hold a press conference and publicly apologize for all those years of mistreatment.

Comment

Working...
                                X