X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If I Was the CEO of Toyota

I manage a small fleet of Toyota Tacoma pickups (23). The oldest one is a 1997. It has 570,000 miles on it and doesn't burn a drop of oil. I've had to replace an alternator and a couple of starters, but other than that just your usual maintenance. This vehicle, as do all my delivery vehicles, sees mainly city driving conditions. I had some GMC Sonoma's back in the 90's that had the 2.2L engine. I'd get about 100k out of the head and then need to replace it.

I don't even start considering any of these trucks old until they get around 400,000 miles on them, and I have a fair number over this mark.

Toyota builds a great vehicle.

The reason Toyota is being called on the carpet is because they have a legal obligation to notify the feds when they have the safety related problems. Apparently Toyota keep these safety matters under wraps and it was Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif that called for the hearing.

I've no problem holding Toyota accountable for their dishonesty. They make a far better vehicle than Ford, Chevy or Chrysler, but when they play fast and lose with consumer safety, they need to be called to account.

I think folks around here probably don't recognize the shame and embarrassment these hearings are having on Toyota. This is worse than paying the fines. Shame is a powerful motivator in the Japanese culture. We could perhaps learn something from them.

Comment

If I Was the CEO of Toyota I'd drive a Nissan.
      Just to be on the safe side.
      In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
        If I Was the CEO of Toyota I'd drive a Nissan.
        Just to be on the safe side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	34776a05f9f9e9cfa7fe1b16e990c6d1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	10116

This make mr. toyoda very unhappy.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Lol. Toyoda-san! Oi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
            but when they play fast and lose with consumer safety, they need to be called to account.

I think folks around here probably don't recognize the shame and embarrassment these hearings are having on Toyota. This is worse than paying the fines. Shame is a powerful motivator in the Japanese culture. We could perhaps learn something from them.
            Which should I learn?

To be fast and loose OR cry when I get caught because I am ashamed?

Just wondering
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
            New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
              Which should I learn?

Just wondering
              Ask the tiger

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                Ask the tiger

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                  Which should I learn?

Just wondering
                  That since our laws don't impress Toyota, congress will shame them into complying with our regulatory system.

I don't have a problem with our government going after any company, especially foreign owned, that disregards the same laws every other company must adhere to.

Obviously others disagree.

Comment

Working...
                  X