Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where's canada eh ????

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    SEEMS like " OWN THE PODIUM ", IDEA BACKFIRED ! USA 23 GOLD!

PROUD OF THE USA ! Thanks Guys and gals
    Wow. Is this what is meant by American Exceptionalism?

Nothing worse than a poor winner.

Comment

WHAT A GAME ! End 2nd period 3 US - 2 AH!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Ya hoo team, usa rocks 5-2
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          Ya hoo team, usa rocks 5-2

Actually, it was 5-3, and yes, they did indeed play an awesome game.

Miller in goal was fantastic, the Americans were aggressive right from the start.

Team Canada had no defence, Brodeur should have been pulled after the first period.

Defence and goaltending has been weak for Canada since their first game.

You certainly expect more from 23 guys with a combined annual payroll of $126 MILLION DOLLARS(and yes, that is in US Funds).
          Last edited by tinmack; 02-21-2010, 10:17 PM.
          I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
            Maybe you should reserve your response until after the hockey game later today.........
            DOH! Betcha didn't see that coming?

I thought it was a really good game to watch.

Comment

That was a pretty good hockey game.

I thoroughly enjoyed the cross skiing qualifying this morning. Love that course. I'm still not sold on the snowboarding, but I'm sure there are others that enjoy it.

I also enjoyed watching the curling.

Actually, I've thoroughly enjoyed the games. Even Bode Miller seems to be behaving himself.

Comment

actually it's 23 medals total, not all are gold, only 8. Canada has a total of 8 medals, 4 of them gold.

And considering the usa population is ten times canada and the size of the usa olympic budget, you should have a lot more medals.

Maybe you should reserve your response until after the hockey game later today.........
                ok , game over. Yahooo what a great game ! biggest upset since miracle on ice
                Last edited by toolaholic; 02-21-2010, 11:46 PM. Reason: I am so happy

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  DOH! Betcha didn't see that coming?

I thought it was a really good game to watch.
                  I was hoping things would improve since the earlier games against Norway and Switzerland - kinda ridiculous when it went to a shoot out against Switzerland. Should have been a cakewalk the first two games.

Then again, the Russians looked kinda weak against the Czechs as well - seems like there should have been a higher spread.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. Although if Brodeur starts in goal for Canada against Germany I'm not even gonna bother watching..........

Comment

I was hoping things would improve since the earlier games against Norway and Switzerland - kinda ridiculous when it went to a shoot out against Switzerland. Should have been a cakewalk the first two games.

Then again, the Russians looked kinda weak against the Czechs as well - seems like there should have been a higher spread.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. Although if Brodeur starts in goal for Canada against Germany I'm not even gonna bother watching..........
                    I agree, Brodeur tends to wander outside the goal crease too much. Its his only weakness other than his temper

Comment

hockey schmockey.
                      We'll mop the floor with Americans in curling.
                      In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        I agree, Brodeur tends to wander outside the goal crease too much. Its his only weakness other than his temper
                        He basically caused two goals by whacking the puck right to a USA team member who then scored.

Brodeur's wonky, but then again, let's talk about that (lack of)defence........

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                          hockey schmockey.
                          Probably, but the Chinese women were pretty strong last night. Good match, but Canada should have pulled it out at the end. Oh well.......

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
                            hockey schmockey.
                            I'm just gonna point out how annoying it is that the hockey games are in 6 hour time slots together with curling and other random sports. Makes it a real pain to setup your DVR.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
                                That is just an attempt of distraction from the fact that the US is below Canada and just above Mexico

In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Working...
                                X