Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In The YEAR 2025 will we all be co-workers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In The YEAR 2025 will we all be co-workers?

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
    Yow know that's an excellent point , 401k's are made up aren't they?

I am only 36, so please excuse my ignorance, but didn't "401k's" get invented after the 80's or did we have them before 1980?
    Yes, the 401k is an artificial monetary instrument. 401(k) refers to the Internal Revenue Code section 401(k). It states that employees are "not taxed on income they choose to receive as deferred compensation rather than direct compensation".

It became law on January 1, 1980. Back then the Dow Jones was averaging roughly between 900 and 1,000. Obviously it has grown over the years. Wall Street just gave itself a $20.3 billion dollar bonus. The average bonus was only around $128,000.

Every time you adjust your 401k holdings (buy/sell/move shares) someone else makes money. It's a pretty sweet gig if you can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
      Yes, the 401k is an artificial monetary instrument. 401(k) refers to the Internal Revenue Code section 401(k). It states that employees are "not taxed on income they choose to receive as deferred compensation rather than direct compensation".

It became law on January 1, 1980. Back then the Dow Jones was averaging roughly between 900 and 1,000. Obviously it has grown over the years. Wall Street just gave itself a $20.3 billion dollar bonus. The average bonus was only around $128,000.

Every time you adjust your 401k holdings (buy/sell/move shares) someone else makes money. It's a pretty sweet gig if you can get it.
      See - I knew it,

The 80's

Seems everything started to go to hell in 1982

I am trying to track what happened,

I also think Moore's law is about to screw us all as well...............

BTW @CPW & @SPIFF

Thanks for explaining that stuff to me !

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
        See - I knew it,

The 80's

Seems everything started to go to hell in 1982

I am trying to track what happened,

I also think Moore's law is about to screw us all as well...............

BTW @CPW & @SPIFF

Thanks for explaining that stuff to me !
        I met my wife in 1982. That's all I have to say on the subject!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post

LOL - Frankie, You always make me smile

Comment

I met my wife in 1968 and my life is still an open book.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Are you still married?

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I met my wife in 1968 and my life is still an open book.

Mark

Ah the 60's , yea, Good years for sure

My fiance was born in the 60's

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                  Are you still married?
                  Yes, Spiff. Still married, still faithful and still trying to rise above nature's design. I love my wife very much and would never intentionally hurt her, however after many years of much thought on the subject I am convinced marriage goes against nature. Marriage helps keep some order and structure in our society, but as an institution it is failed.

Since I'm digging a hole, I might as well make it nice and deep. I believe men and women are very different, we have different sex drives, we age differently due to hormones, we compliment eachother at times but the thought that we can live monogamously and be fine is insane!

If nature truly meant for men and women to grow old together in a monogamous relationship, I'm certain we would both experience a similar menopause. I know women are unfaithful, but compared to men they don't even come close.

Society keeps trying to domesticate man, he must suppress his instincts to be physical when threatened, he must suppress his sex drive and be faithful when married. I follow those ideals, but it's dam hard not to lash out at times and it is a constant effort to suppress a very powerful instinct to pursue other women.

I love and respect my wife, she has been good to me all these years and has been a wonderful mother to my children. I still think finding a good woman to share intimacy and life is magical. Having children is difficult, sometimes heartbreaking and sometimes very rewarding. Just don't tell me marriage itself is natural!

Comment

Working...
                  X