Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In The YEAR 2025 will we all be co-workers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In The YEAR 2025 will we all be co-workers?

So, The Question:

Now before you go: "no way dude", Think about this:

Plumbing

Mr Rooter, Benn Franklin Roto-Rooter and growing at alarming rates.

Retail

WALMART is growing at huge rates

Car sales man:

Toyota is growing at huge rates

Electronics:

Best buy has taken over

Banking:

Bank of America is taking over with Chase

Materials:

Home depot , Lowes taking over

This is just a few examples of how pretty soon, I think everyone will pretty much be co-workers at some point,

Car Insurance:

Gieco - Progressive are taking over

Of course there are more examples of how one corp owns the entire industry,

Your thoughts?

The Question:

Re: In The YEAR 2025 will we all be co-workers?

I think your question shows a lot of hope for America still being around in 2025! I'm concerned that with 500,000 Americans filing for unemployment every week, if somethng doesn't change real soon ? Sorry but I'm so upset I can't even answer your question.

Comment

I believe that by the time 2025 hits globalization and corporate mergers will have us down to a few corporations that literally control the world. You will see a shift from governments having power to corporations having power. There probably will not be enough major corporations left worldwide to have a Fortune 500. So yes there will be a good chance of anyone that is still working being your co-worker...
      411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

a few years ago one would have thought GM was the leader in autos and would never or could never fail in losing that spot,

before Lowe's and Home depot, there was Hugh M. Woods and builder's Square in the Colorado urban areas,

Circuit city I think was a leader just a few years ago in electronics,

back in the early 70's Rockwell international was buying out ever thing, they owned Delta wood working, faucets, and rockets, and much more, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell_International

there will be company that come and companies that go,

I have a box, in my dinning area by the wood stove that "ADVO" Coffee had come in and was left in an attic of the house when it was built, back in the early 1900's from what I can find it was a huge supply house of foods and goods, in the early 1900's now most have never hear of the company,

yes there are large companies, and depending on management they may continue, or they may fold, being large is not any guarantee that they will make it, yes they may be taking over everything in sight, but that does not mean that they really know what there doing,

Yes it will change the landscape of the business world, as companies are bought up and new ones come in,
        you do not see the "old lumber yards" or hard ware stores of yesteryear, unless there just existing any new store, is patterned off the box store model,

I think there will always be niche stores and businesses,

one of the problems is any time one grows, usually some thing is lost, if the mom and pop store expand to two stores, (some times it is just the personality of the owner) the second store will not have the same personality of the first, and as they grown more is lost,

even take a hamburger stand of 40 years ago, and compare it to McDonnell's of today,
        what McD's has is resonable good but more so consistence taste from store to store, you can go in to one in CA and the food will taste the same as one in NY or NE, so you know what your getting, but if you want good tasting food try independent stand that has some local fame,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
          I believe that by the time 2025 hits globalization and corporate mergers will have us down to a few corporations that literally control the world. You will see a shift from governments having power to corporations having power. There probably will not be enough major corporations left worldwide to have a Fortune 500. So yes there will be a good chance of anyone that is still working being your co-worker...
          Isn't that how it works in Japan now?

When I was watching the Congressional hearings yesterday with Mr. Toyoda, they were saying that in Japan, Corporate Executives are looked up to by the Government and they pretty much have control and they don't get treated like how CEO's here do. In Japan they praise and honor many CEO's of large companies.

So if we do become a global world.(globalization) Then you may be right redwood,... We might also adopt there way of looking at the CEO'S of large company's

Oh WAIT! ****Bailouts for banks, BONUSES are flying on Wall Street.***

Think we may have already adopted the policy of praising corporations

Comment

The American Flag will be replaced with the Mcdonalds Golden arches.
            Government will replace food stamps with dollar menu item vouchers.
            Unemployment will be 60% of the population.
            Gas will be $11.00 a gallon.
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

All that will have changed by 2025 is technology, larger televisions and smaller cars we will be as greedy as we are now, we will still covert as neighbors wives, the middle east will be hostile as it is now except Iraq will have another saddam, Iran will have its nukes, Afghanistan will have turned out to be another Vietnam governments world wide will still be taxing the Sh$t out of us and they will be lining their own pockets from terrorism, they will have stolen our freedoms and democracies by then with camers everywhere watching us day and night.

Tony

Comment

All that will have changed by 2025 is technology, larger televisions and smaller cars we will be as greedy as we are now, we will still covert our neighbors wives, the middle east will be hostile as it is now except Iraq will have another saddam, Iran will have its nukes, Afghanistan will have turned out to be another Vietnam governments world wide will still be taxing the Sh$t out of us and they will be lining their own pockets from terrorism, they will have stolen our freedoms and democracies by then with camers everywhere watching us day and night under the quies of protecting us and I will be in my late seventies and and praying for death but God will not be listening.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  ...I'm concerned that with 500,000 Americans filing for unemployment every week...
                  If not a typo, can you cite your source?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
                    If not a typo, can you cite your source?
                    http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/eta/ui/current.htm

Comment

"In the week ending Feb. 20, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 496,000, an increase of 22,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 474,000. The 4-week moving average was 473,750, an increase of 6,000 from the previous week's revised average of 467,750."

This says the increase over the previous week was 22,000. Not 500,000.

This report also goes on to claim this:

"UNADJUSTED DATA
                      The advance number of actual initial claims under state programs, unadjusted, totaled 452,468 in the week ending Feb. 20, a decrease of 25,767 from the previous week. There were 605,668 initial claims in the comparable week in 2009."

So claims over the same period from the previous year are down 153,200.

I'm not claiming these reports provide a true and accurate picture. The report has been so watered down over the past thirty years that it is practically meaningless.

If we were losing 500,000 jobs PER week, you can bet your bottom dollar it would be news. No net jobs were created between 2001 and 2008. Zero, zip nada. The bleeding is slowing down. And we aren't losing 750,000+ jobs per month like we were back in 2007 and 2008. It's thus far a jobless recovery. Yeah it sucks, but it isn't the first 'jobless' recovery we've had.

It took awhile to get to this point. We aren't going to turn it around in a few months.

Comment

Spiff, I guess I'm just not educated enough to understand the word "weekly" or the words "week ending". The way it is written is very confusing and to make matters worse in trying to further investigate and "pin down" the real or exact weekly number I found this editorial from the washington post. Now I guess you could claim it too is biased, but why the hell can't WE be told the true and exact numbers of folks new to unemployment ? Why do they have to use debatable surverys? Makes me think the actual number is much worse because they are using methods of reporting that could manipulate the truth. That's all I want the real and true number, obviously that is also too much to ask for and maybe it's because it is so frightening?

"Economists measure the number of jobs two different ways: the establishment survey that asks about 370,000 employers how many people they are employing and the household survey that asks about 110,000 people each month whether they are working. The establishment survey is often given more weight because about 40 million Americans work for the companies surveyed, a lot more than the 110,000 people interviewed in the other survey. But 110,000 people still make up a huge sample (a large survey for a presidential election might involve 2,000 to 3,000 people), and it is hard to ignore the results. The household survey is also what is used to calculate the unemployment rate.

The problem is that the two surveys have reached different estimates, with the household survey showing a significantly greater drop in the number of jobs than the establishment survey. It turns out that there might be a simple reason for that. For the survey of firms, the list of firms surveyed doesn't change very often. Thus, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, which puts these numbers together, can only guess at the number of jobs created by new firms because it doesn't even know how many new firms have been created each month. To get around this gap in the data, the bureau makes an assumption that the jobs created at new companies are about equal to the jobs lost at companies that go out of business.

That assumption hasn't come close to being right during the current recession. The error in estimating the number of jobs from April 2008 to March 2009 was 10 times greater than the average error over the preceding eight years. Typically, the government error would underestimate the number of new jobs by 80,000, but this time, it overestimated the number of jobs by more than 800,000.

No one will know what the error rate has been with the establishment survey from April to December 2009 until the numbers are revised again in February 2011, three months after the 2010 midterm elections. But a great deal of skepticism seems warranted. The establishment survey assumes that new firms generated almost a million new jobs over those nine months. At the same time, the household survey just happens to show that about a million more jobs were lost than the survey of firms indicates.

The Obama administration has focused continually on the establishment survey in making its claims about changes in the jobs numbers, but this data can be quite misleading. The bottom line is that job losses are likely to be worse than reported, not better. Future jobs claims from the White House should be taken with a grain of salt. "

Is this true? Does the Bureau of Labor Statistics" guess at these figures? What is the actual number? Appears that whoever is running the government can report however they want and either include or exclude figures without truthful and realistic accounting. Makes me think the situation is much worse than any of us imagined!

Comment

Frank - A misinterpretation of the the figures is to be expected, given the confusing array of numbers, dates and blah blah blah..... When I saw 500,000 jobs lost per week I figured you had simply entered a typo. Or you got your info from Hannity.

Obama has merely continued to use the same unemployment reports that have been used for the last twenty to thirty years. The manner in which the official figures haven't changed for a long time. But the figures themselves are essentially meaningless. Especially to thoes looking for a job.

The figures have always (at least for the past 30 years or so) underestimated the number of unemployed.

Comment

I don't doubt there are 500,000 jobs lost each week (new filings), but that doesn't mean others aren't getting new work. Even if there was an increase in jobs, there would still be new unemployment filings.

Comment

"In the week ending Feb. 20, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 496,000, an increase of 22,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 474,000. The 4-week moving average was 473,750, an increase of 6,000 from the previous week's revised average of 467,750."

When I read the above, I take it to mean in the previous week 474,000 new claims were made and in the week ending Feb. 20, there were 496,000. Why don't they say these are estimates for the month if that's what they represent and not per week as the sentence reads?

Confusing as it may be to me and totatally inacurate as the numbers may be, it is still very disturbing how they are reported. I don't know what the real number is, but whoever believes the economy is turning around and will be okay, please explain to me how all the jobs lost overseas and all the Americans unemployed will somehow change? What will be the vehicle by which unemployment changes. How can we continue to spend our consumer dollars on imported goods and not continue to weaken our economy?

When I consider jobs and businesses lost to mexico, and overseas over the last forty or so years, I can't imagine how the USA could possible survive with the diminishing return of money going out of the country as opposed to money coming in. New jobs in "green" industries and goverment funded make work programs to get unemployed Americans a pay check ultimately paid for by tax payers, still does not undo the loss realized by consumer spending.

Comment

Working...
                              X