Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pumper show photos 2010

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Ron, any improvements or recommendations on 3/4" drum cable?

Thanks.

J.C.
    No one showed any improvements on cable at the show. Of course all the manufactures claim to be better than the other. I am still sold on Drain Cables Direct for my 3/4" cable needs, they are still the only manufacture that makes their 3/4" cables out of music wire. I finally got a first hand look at the Drain Cables Direct double wound cable. I am really impressed, and will be trying their double wound cable out sometime soon. Spartan still trying to promote the "Star shine" cable where its been treated with Zinc which helps resist rust and all. It did make for a pretty display of cable, and they also showed how their cable compared in stress tests over the other manufactures in a video display, the whole time I watched the video I did not see them run a comparison against the drain cables direct cable.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Guys, I'll start a new thread with some cool overviews of our new stuff (with pictures for Rick). As far as competitors.. I barely got out of our booth very busy with lots of folks to talk to.

We even had a pool guy carry in some 1 1/2 with some pool 90s to see whos camera would go through em. Guess who won

Josh
      now if the pool guy was a member here on the forum, he would have seen all the photos i had posted of this back in 6/09

rick.

used the black abs for the contrast. white 1.5'' pvc water 90.

2'' will easily work with the guide ball. 1.5'' no guide ball.

now with the locator head, pool leak locatiing is now a science, not a guess.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-28-2010, 02:50 PM.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        Spartan still trying to promote the "Star shine" cable where its been treated with Zinc which helps resist rust and all. It did make for a pretty display of cable, and they also showed how their cable compared in stress tests over the other manufactures in a video display, the whole time I watched the video I did not see them run a comparison against the drain cables direct cable.
        I worry some about hydrogen embrittlement from the plating process...

I've been lucky enough to experience that happen twice now...

Once in a batch of bolts I had fail and the other in a batch of wheel lugs...

Fortunately they just snapped shortly after being torqued and not while the car was being raced...
        411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

I went with a coworker from work and thought the show was pretty good for a pumper show. A few things stood out and that was sewer cameras, chemicals for lines, porta potties and such, and pipe lining and bursting.

The guys at the Ridgid booth were very nice and clean cut. I liked the new tool for cutting 1¼ and 1½ tubular, simple yet effective with no burrs. They signed me up for Ridgid Connect before I could even blink an eye. I met Josh so I feel like a rockstar now.

General had a nice drum machine called the speed rooter 92 which was very nice. I am seriously considering that machine even though I like sectionals more. 100' max was about the only pitfall I could find. http://www.drainbrain.com/pro/propdf/SpeedRooter92.pdf

Rothenburger booth was a pretty big disappointment, they have a pressing tool that takes makita 18v batteries and they really did not know their products.

The show specials were pretty lame. Some vendors actually had higher prices like the Milwaukee booth.

I pretty much drooled over a Izuzu truck with a Hackney P2000 on it. 47,500.

Weather was 38゜and sunny.

I forgot my camera Rick but I did manage to get a couple shots of our disgusting hotel room. Don't ever stay at the Days Inn down there.
          Last edited by Tyman; 02-28-2010, 06:33 PM.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
            I met Josh so I feel like a rockstar now.
            If you're the rockstar, what does that make Josh?

The promoter...................or the roadie??
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Guys, I'll start a new thread with some cool overviews of our new stuff (with pictures for Rick). As far as competitors.. I barely got out of our booth very busy with lots of folks to talk to.

We even had a pool guy carry in some 1 1/2 with some pool 90s to see whos camera would go through em. Guess who won

Got to hand out with Highland S&D, JrSaltz, Jared and his daughter and Jakes partner Chris . SewerRatz stopped by on Thursday and Friday and we got to talk a bit as well.

It did seem like the show was scaled back a bit. But attendance was actually up a bit.

Josh
              Does the
              Ridgid 35153 microReel L100/microEXPLORER System, SeeSnake microReel Inspection Camera System Part # 35153

Fit through pressure (pool guy) 90's ?

Or is that just the seesnake >?

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                Does the
                Ridgid 35153 microReel L100/microEXPLORER System, SeeSnake microReel Inspection Camera System Part # 35153

Fit through pressure (pool guy) 90's ?

Or is that just the seesnake >?
                joe, it's the 30' microdrain that makes it through the 1.5'' and up sch. 40 tight turn pressure pvc 90's. see my photos

it's also the same camera that makes it through toilets

great thing is that with the built in transmitter, the pool piping can be inspected and located now

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  joe, it's the 30' microdrain that makes it through the 1.5'' and up sch. 40 tight turn pressure pvc 90's. see my photos

it's also the same camera that makes it through toilets

great thing is that with the built in transmitter, the pool piping can be inspected and located now

rick.

Thats awesome, AND I am about to buy one BUT,

I need to know one more thing,

Here in NY LOTS of the wall return and skimmers have SCH80 male x barb adpts on the bottom ( see picture below )

Will this unit fit through these fittings as well?

LOTS of the "older" pools here in NY use black poly, The new pools use more tiger flex / rigid pvc but like I said 60% of the pools here in NY use those fittings so if I can't get the camera through the skimmer , well....

So ya, let me know if it fits through a 1 1/2 male x barb SCH80

Please

Comment

If someone wants to send me one I will test it and post the results. no way of telling till I try it. the fittings I have tried are the ones like Rick posted.

josh

Thats awesome, AND I am about to buy one BUT,

I need to know one more thing,

Here in NY LOTS of the wall return and skimmers have SCH80 male x barb adpts on the bottom ( see picture below )

Will this unit fit through these fittings as well?

LOTS of the "older" pools here in NY use black poly, The new pools use more tiger flex / rigid pvc but like I said 60% of the pools here in NY use those fittings so if I can't get the camera through the skimmer , well....

So ya, let me know if it fits through a 1 1/2 male x barb SCH80

Please

Comment

If someone wants to send me one I will test it and post the results. no way of telling till I try it. the fittings I have tried are the ones like Rick posted.

josh
                      Okay, I will send ya one if you want,

Whats the address?

PS: Do you have a local hardware store or home depot close by>It might just be easier for you to just drop by and grab one for $2.65

Comment

If they have em at HD I should be able to pick one up. I dont know when I will be out there again but I'll look.

BTW... address

Josh Sooy
                        400 Clark St.
                        Elyria, OH 44035

Okay, I will send ya one if you want,

Whats the address?

PS: Do you have a local hardware store or home depot close by>It might just be easier for you to just drop by and grab one for $2.65

Comment

As promised here is a mobile pic of our booth at the pumper show

Comment

Here is Adam talking with a couple of plumbers who came by our booth

Comment

i've been using my Compact Color for over a year with a local pool company. we've maxed the disance at 67' through 5 or 6 fittings. 1.5" sch 40. a typical run is between 25 and 50 feet.

wouldn't the smaller head cavitate more in the line?

steve
                              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

So Rick is heart broken that he hasn't seen pictures of the show? Well, have no fear. A RIDGIDConnect job report featuring pictures and video from the 2010 Pumper Cleaner Expo has been created for all of you to enjoy.

Here's what you have to do to see the report.

1) go to www.ridgidconnect.com
                                2) While you are here - click on the bar at the top of the page and register for the sweepstakes. I think you will like the prize package... ;-)
                                3) on the upper right of the page you will see RETRIEVE YOUR JOB REPORT
                                4) in the two boxes input the following code: Reagan & Trevor - forum

Enjoy!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Josh; 03-03-2010, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X