X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going solar

we've decided to have a solar water heater installed. with the rebates (50% cash back) and a 30% tax credit it just makes sense. when all is said and done the total out of pocket will be less than $800. hopefully it'll be done my the middle of next week

i'm also looking into a solar pool pump

i told Jackie i'd get her a solar clothes dryer and she quite rudely told me about hanging clothes on the line. well 2 out of 3 ain't bad

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: going solar

Solar water heaters may not work very well during an eclipse
    Just be aware of that

Cactus Man

Comment

Steve when its all done take pictures i would like to see it
      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
        Solar water heaters may not work very well during an eclipse
        Just be aware of that

Cactus Man
        crap i just trashed a monitor and keyboard spitting my cocktail all over them

i will keep that in mind. there is a power cord for those rare days we don't have SUNSHINE. after all this is the Caribbean

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          Steve when its all done take pictures i would like to see it
          will do. it's gonna be a roof mounted system (tank & collector on roof) no circulating pump or solar cell to drive it

check out www.solardelivered.com. they are doing the insstallation

steve

Comment

Damn, had my hopes up. I initially believed you meant solar as in "photovoltaic" to generate electricity.

Last semester I finished a night class regarding that subject. I would love to design such systems today,given my college background, and "straw-boss" the installation with my recent electrical license.

Comment

we have talked about going with a wind generator/storage battery setup. i like the wind spire design over the propeller blade ones. very quiet.

steve

Comment

Working...
              X