Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If My House Was Worth 14 MILLION ...would I be a "Conservative"???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If My House Was Worth 14 MILLION ...would I be a "Conservative"???

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
    The results of the failed performance of both parties makes arguments about "this side said this, but last year they said that" kind of irrelevant.
    The repubs play hardball. They have FOX News as an extension of the RNC, and the AM radio dial littered with pundits spouting RNC talking points each day and playing fast and loose with the facts. They get their message out to the masses.

As for bias, who set up and ran K Street? How many repubs went to jail over corruption? The repub party demonstrably more corrupt.

The dems have their share of problems for sure. But to say the two parties are equally corrupt is a stretch. The Tom Delay/Jack Abramoff congress will stand as a historical marker of corruption.

"On Mr. Gore, He went from a net of 3 Mill. to 100 mill."

Source? Is this according to Rush or FOX News?

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      but congress has not been willing to cut the cards up,
      Why were the republicans against PAYGO?

Obama is only responsible for $600 billion of the debt. Given his time in office, he has spent far less than his predecessor in the same amount of time in any period of his tenure. And that was with a near depression being handed to him.

Ford and Carter, and now Obama, were handed major economic problems as the result of the previous years of spending. They were/are the cleanup crew and we can't go back and hold the ones responsible for these huge debts to account as they have gone into hiding.

And then you have an obstructionist party that has suddenly found fiscal restraint, playing politics at a time when the last thing you do is not spend money (remember what we were told to do after 9/11? Go shopping!). It's good politics and will ultimately return the party largely responsible for this mess back to power. Then they will be able to finish the job.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post
        The repubs play hardball. They have FOX News as an extension of the RNC, and the AM radio dial littered with pundits spouting RNC talking points each day and playing fast and loose with the facts. They get their message out to the masses.

As for bias, who set up and ran K Street? How many repubs went to jail over corruption? The repub party demonstrably more corrupt.

The dems have their share of problems for sure. But to say the two parties are equally corrupt is a stretch. The Tom Delay/Jack Abramoff congress will stand as a historical marker of corruption.

Something to do with baking soda

Comment

They all can suck it. Every one of the political talk show hosts. Rush, Hannity, Schultz...whoever. All of them never do anything. Just b!tch about what others do or don't do.

Like having someone walk up on your job and asking "Why didn't you do it this way?" Someone starts this around me I give them the tape measure and put them in charge right then. They then back off and don't want anything to do with it. These personalities are the same.

Let these hosts jump in to the political ring and work to make things better that they complain about. Never gonna' happen because of the ego often involved and obstacles they may encounter. Plus if they keep the ratings high they are rewarded too well to really care.

Then they want to hide under the guise of "informing the public". Lies even when presenting some facts. Plus they keep their finger on the mute button to stave off opposition when someone is legitimately defeating them on an issue.

It's just a show for money.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiffPeters View Post

Actually Daily Finance has Gore going from $2,000,000 to $100,000,000 since he left office and the New York Times is saying Gore will be the first "Green" Billionaire before long. He is heavily invested in Silver Springs Network and the DOE just announced $560,000,000 in stimulus going to the companies using Silver Springs. As a contradiction, he is also heavily invested in a timber company which seems to not jive with protecting the ozone.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Then they want to hide under the guise of "informing the public". Lies even when presenting some facts. Plus they keep their finger on the mute button to stave off opposition when someone is legitimately defeating them on an issue.

It's just a show for money.

J.C.
              Peddling outrage pays pretty good if you can get that job. Another nice thing about it, is that it is pretty easy to do. What I find curious is that with all ammunition laying around, why they insist on resorting to lies to make their case.

Indeed, it is far easier to stand on the sidelines and work the refs rather than put some skin in the game.

Comment

Spiff, the only "skin in the game" is ours! Americans still dying in iraq and afghanistan, you call that change? Obama is responsible for 600 billion more debt and that's a good thing because it is less than his predecessor? Not in my book. You talk as thought President Obama and the dems are doing a great job, in my opinion they are as bad as the republicans. Mirror images, same dirty politics, empty promises.

President Obama kept talking about green jobs and alternative energy, but has not taken it beyond lip service. He is pushing healthcare reform that appears to cost folks like me more money, but we can't get a straight answer on that either!

I voted for change and got more government that represents party agenda, not the will of the electorate! I listen to Fox News and while it is sometimes repulsive and upsetting to hear clowns like Beck insult Unions, I am more upset with the course the administration is on. I don't need the truth or lies from Any News station to know I am not getting what I was promised. How the heck you can defend the President and dems is as dumbfounding as the folks who did the same of President Bush and the republicans. Take off the blinders and see the ugly truth of where our country is right now. Americans dying in two wars, millions of folks losing their jobs and homes, mounting debt to communist china, nothing being done to correct any of this . Now keep harping on Fox News and ignore the train wreck. Sort of like complaing about the choice of music the band is playing as the Titanic sinks, the bigger problem is ignored because it is too painful.
                Last edited by Frankiarmz; 03-05-2010, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Actually Daily Finance has Gore going from $2,000,000 to $100,000,000 since he left office and the New York Times is saying Gore will be the first "Green" Billionaire before long. He is heavily invested in Silver Springs Network and the DOE just announced $560,000,000 in stimulus going to the companies using Silver Springs. As a contradiction, he is also heavily invested in a timber company which seems to not jive with protecting the ozone.

Mark

Here You go PETER
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Look who's movinghttp://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100311/wl_csm/286856

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                      If the President's healthcare bill gets passed, I won't lose any sleep over Rush moving but I will be real concerned about my current benefits getting taxed.

Just got back from shopping and Carhartt jeans I picked up are now made in Mexico, won't be buying them! Sneakers I looked at were made in vietnam, put them down too! Did buy a jar of orange marmalade imported from england
                      Last edited by Frankiarmz; 03-12-2010, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        If the President's healthcare bill gets past, I won't lose any sleep over Rush moving but I will be real concerned about my current benefits getting taxed.

Just got back from shopping and Carhartt jeans I picked up are now made in Mexico, won't be buying them! Sneakers I looked at were made in vietnam, put them down too! Did buy a jar of orange marmalade imported from england
                        Frankie,

Why don't you like stuff made in Mexico?

Curious.....

Comment

If the President's healthcare bill gets past, I won't lose any sleep over Rush moving but I will be real concerned about my current benefits getting taxed.

My wife was made there, and she's a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                            Frankie,

Why don't you like stuff made in Mexico?

Curious.....
                            Comes back to the same old things for me, such as loss of businesses and jobs to a place with there is no OSHA and no EPA. Dangerous environment for workers and pollution of ground, water and air, with no one to step in and prevent it!

I don't know how many hundreds of businesses moved from the USA to Mexico, but one in particular "Swingline" the folks who make staplers sticks in my mind. I remember their huge facility in Queens, NY, thousands were employed. These folks made a living wage and provided for their families in addition to owning homes, and being consumers (cars,etc). They took vacations and helped their children get through college, they were working Americans. Swingline decided to go for cheap labor and lose the EPA and OSHA, so they moved to Mexico.

I do not have any hatred or dislike for our neighbors to the south, north or east. I do dislike the shortsighted business folks who went for the quick profit and lax operating rules, that lead to the unemployment of millions of Americans. I am upset with our legislators who term after term, refused to pass any laws that would have made such business practices unprofitable.

Mexico did not become a thriving, safe socitey with the establishment of these businesses and jobs, much as china has not become a free society with all the businesses and profits seen from America.

I believe we needed to keep the businesses and jobs we lost, and I think until something is done to change the equation we are doomed to see more Americans lose their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by James P View Post
                              My wife was made there, and she's a keeper.
                              James, you and your wife are both lucky. My wife was born in Canada and I joke around but love her very much.Given the statistics any marriage that doesn't end in divorce is in the minority, hope that changes someday.

Comment

James, you and your wife are both lucky. My wife was born in Canada and I joke around but love her very much.Given the statistics any marriage that doesn't end in divorce is in the minority, hope that changes someday.
                                We celebrated or are celebrating our 3 year aniversary today. Married to my first wife for 28 years. That one didn't work out.

James

Comment

Working...
                                X