Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ DRY Rub Tricks & Tips? Can Anyone Help Me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BBQ DRY Rub Tricks & Tips? Can Anyone Help Me?

Got two pork butts(one 4.5 pounds, the other 3.5 pounds) rubbed and waiting in the fridge........

Gonna be 32F here tomorrow with a north wind, so it might screw up my smokey goodness.

Might just hit 'em with a couple of hours of fast smoke and finish them off in the oven if it gets too cold. Otherwise, they're on the grill.....could leave 'em till Sunday as well - Sunday is gonna warm up to 35F with a north wind....

Pulled pork with some sauce to finish it off.

MMMMMMMMMMM..........
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Got the applewood from a customer who was cutting down an apple tree.

Just make sure to make a fire to burn off the oils before you start cooking on it.

Comment

Well the way I do it is what every marinade or rub I use then put the meat into a vacuum sealer and freeze for later use. When its time to have the BBQ I defrost the meat and bring it to room temperature before grilling it. If you take your meat that is to cold (from the fridge) to the hot grill you will shock the meat and it will be tough. As for ingredients I will post my rub a bit later. There is over 21 seasonings.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        Ron's Facebook
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

This is a good source for smoking pellets. I use the apple pellets for my pulled pork. Great stuff. Some of these flavors can be found in stores locally but I bought an assortment and the smoker pot directly from this site. The orange wood is great for fish.
          http://www.bbqrsdelight.com/
          When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

pork butt on the grill, set it to as low as it goes, and soak it in cider vinegar while it cooks. should pretty well take all day. when its done, pull the meat, don't cut it.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
            X