Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ DRY Rub Tricks & Tips? Can Anyone Help Me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ DRY Rub Tricks & Tips? Can Anyone Help Me?

Hello You'll

BBQ Season is almost here YAY!

Last summer I started "smoking" my food on a small Weber and this year, I am moving on up to a smoker grill with a firebox and the works

I was wondering if anyone would like to share there favorite dry run recipes with me,

I will off course be very thankful if you do.

Any Texans in the house?

I would also like to know some Texas dry rubs for smoked ribs etc.

Oh also !

Can anyone give me a recipe for when I smoke my pig?

You know the vinegar , pepper mix, etc,

I am looking to make some sandwiches like they do in North Carolina , Like how they mix that sauce with there pig after they smoke it.

So , please if you can share some rubs, spices and sauces with me that would be awesome,

PS: BBq lovers you might also want to check out:

Official BBQ RULES 2009 <---RIDGID thread

Got Grill / Smoker Pics? - Show Off Your Holiday Meal! <---RIDGID thread

PSS:

Here is the grill I am buying

Last year (well for the last three years , I was grilling on :

Re: BBQ DRY Rub Tricks &amp; Tips? Can Anyone Help Me?

love my Weber Kettle and am seriously jonesing for a Traeger. maybe next year.

sorry i can't help with dry rubs as i don't use them. but i'll give you mine for ribs.

cut each rack in half & place cup side up in a pan
    for eack rack pour 1 cup of Cruzan Dark rum over the ribs
    add garlic powder, black pepper, & Carnival Seasoning (can be found in most major super markets)

cover and refrigerate over night (4 hour minimum) basting ever once in a while to keep the marinate in and on the ribs

remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature. grill over a medium hot fire, in the Weber, turning every 5 minutes or so. baste the ribs with the marinate with every turn. will be cooked, depending on fire, in 30 to 40 minutes. be careful not to overcook.

i put sauce on the table to be added by the individual. the sauce is used as an enhancer and not to cover the flavor of the ribs

enjoy

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Famous Dave's Rib Rub
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

the Weber Big Book Of Grilling has an entire section on Rubs, Marinades, & Sauces.

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

My dry rub is so tasty good Oh my God! When you try it. You hear Angles sing. With dry hands apply 1 can of Rootx in 5 gallon bucket. Plus half gallon of water in bucket add slabs of cooked beef or pork ribs. And shake Serve while foaming. Pepper to taste.

Can't wait for grill season myself.
          Rod
          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
          http://unclognh.com
          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Go to the Big Green Egg web site. They have lots of recipes and a forum with even more. The site is, of course, oriented to their smoker, but the recipes are still good no matter what smoker you use.
            I do pulled pork on my BGE and it turns out great. I have a temperature controller for it and it holds the temperature exactly where I want it. It's a great device. It controls the temperature by varying the air flow through the charcoal. And I use only hardwood lump charcoal.
            When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

This site has everything you need, Skool.....

http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I would tell you my secret recipe, but then I would have to kill you!
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Thank you - Thank You !!! (Everyone who posted so far!!! )

Well my stomach will be thanking you any how,

But keep the recipes and tips / websites coming if you got more,

I BBQ around 60 - 90 times a summer so I am always looking to try new stuff

I will post pictures and all in the summer

Comment

I have the same grill and smoker setup as you are buying.
                    I love mine and use alot of apple wood for smoking in the smoker box.
                    I smoke mainly pork and my dry rubs vary, mainly use brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, small bit of sugar and sometimes rosemary.

Comment

i perfected a rub for my boneless pork chops, and I am known all over the interwebs (in gaming communities) on how good they are. A couple years back I went to a gaming convention in Mesa AZ with 50 pounds of my chops. They all where cooked up and gone in hours. Even had a Jewish fellow break down and he ate 3 of them.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      Ron's Facebook
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Any tips there sewer Ratz ?

Wanna share some ingredients

Comment

Man I can't wait to fire up the smoker and grill. BBQ rules
                          Rod
                          MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                          Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                          http://unclognh.com
                          http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
                            I have the same grill and smoker setup as you are buying.
                            I love mine and use alot of apple wood for smoking in the smoker box.
                            I smoke mainly pork and my dry rubs vary, mainly use brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, small bit of sugar and sometimes rosemary.

Oh cool, I never used apple wood. Where do you buy that?

Yes, I also have used brown sugar ,mmmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by UnClogNH View Post
                              Man I can't wait to fire up the smoker and grill. BBQ rules

I know, I know, I want to BBQ today, The thing is I am grill-less at the moment, I will have to order my new one today,

I am starving ! for BBQ!

Comment

Working...
                              X